Page 1 of 3
Who?
RIP Matt Lauer

Because i'd rather pretend you're dead than acknowledge your existence.
This is sad to see.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Damn
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Obviously he saw the Anderton's 'sound like Soundgarden' video, and just decided it was better to die.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Not a fan of any of his projects but it's sad to see such a talent die so young

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
This really hurts
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
was definitely not expecting this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Got to see him live couple of years ago. Awesome personality. It's sad to see grunge die.. Only Ed is left behind.

No doubt one of the last frontmans of rock music. I cant name anyone alike these dudes from 00's. Maybe Matt Bellamy but yeah whatever. Him and others will be missed.

Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Devastated. I loved Soundgarden, I loved his solo stuff, I loved Audioslave. One of those artists I always hoped I'd get a chance to see live. 

Last edited by matt bickerton at May 18, 2017,
Damn I'm actually quite sad about that.. I've been listening to a lot of Audioslave lately as well

Definitely one of my favourite rock vocalists
Last edited by SMH07 at May 18, 2017,
Also for the unaware, one of the best covers ever made.

Quote by arcanom
Actually heartbroken about this. He was such a brilliant singer and songwriter and such a chilled out guy. Soundgarden formed in like '84 and were one of the first Seattle bands along with Mudhoney and Green River.

Was lucky enough to see them live twice at Donnington and Hyde Park a few years ago. I always remember watching him scream Beyond The Wheel to a grey sky and Donnington and getting goosebumps.

Fucking shame.
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
rich.bendall Moments like that are brilliant. Something cliques and it just feels different as in you can actually feel the person on stage. I saw him at Istanbul, 2014 with Soundgarden. They played Outshined - Black Hole Sun and Jesus Christ Pose back to back. The audience wasnt perfect, they barely knew Outshined but sang long to BHS as expected.

However no one knew Jesus Christ Pose. I was at the backs of front section right in the middle looking straight to mic stand when he did the pose. Chills.
Quote by arcanom
Man that sucks. I was lucky enough to meet the guy and he couldn't be more friendly. What a voice.
Quote by rich.bendall
Actually heartbroken about this. He was such a brilliant singer and songwriter and such a chilled out guy. Soundgarden formed in like '84 and were one of the first Seattle bands along with Mudhoney and Green River.

Was lucky enough to see them live twice at Donnington and Hyde Park a few years ago. I always remember watching him scream Beyond The Wheel to a grey sky and Donnington and getting goosebumps.

Fucking shame.

Donnington was AMAZING. Only time I got to see him.

I found out an hour before finishing work. That last hour wasn't productive for my workload.

Thing is now, I've got a lot of friends who aren't music people, so now I'm going to get a torrent of 'you never knew him personally' and 'he's just a musician.' The great thing about music is that it transcends all of that, and Chris Cornell is one of those people that made every single note played and sung real.
Quote by arcanom
Also for the unaware, one of the best covers ever made.

They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Fuck. Soundgarden had such an impact on me when I was first getting into music. This is a sad day.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Deliriumbassist

plenty of musicians, Chris being one was there for us at our roughest or most elevated moments. First time I made love, Like A Stone was playing along. Superunknown was there for me when I was deep down.
Quote by arcanom
I was too young for Soundgarden but I had just got into RATM in a massive way when they split up. Audioslave were therefore really important for me and Chris was a huge part of that. Devastated. Never got round to seeing them live. RIP

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Time for tasteless joke:

I guess today was the Day He Didn't Try to Live
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yes, this one really sucks. At least, when Weiland died, we kind of all knew it was coming. This one was so sudden...

Well, it looks like there is only one grunge vocalist from the big 4 still alive. We CAN'T lose Vedder.
LOL
R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Originally the drummer for Soundgarden, you led the creation of a genre that created a massive influence on society

You will be missed
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I just heard his new song "The Promise". I think it's really about those thoughts of suicide.

Was lucky enough to see him about a year ago. Mesmerizing performance. Amazing singer. Rest in peace buddy
Dunlop CBM95 Mini Crybaby -> (EHX Silencer) -> Ibanez TS9DX -> Seymour Duncan Palladium -> (EHX Silencer) -> Caline 10 Band EQ -> MXR Phase 90 -> Boss TR-2 Tremolo -> Visual Sound H2O
Quote by CodeMonk
I had a very very big sad.
Cornell was one of my favorite vocalist.

Yeah iIhave to say he was one of my favorite vocalists as well, funny I was really never a big fan of grunge musicin general save for two bands Soundgarden and Alice in Chains both of which had two of my favorite vocalist both of which died too young. It's sad to hear about Chris and was so unexpected it iwas equally sad about Layne although most were not really shocked all things considered, I found it very tragic that many AiC and Mad Season songs lamented about his drug addiction and yet in spite of knowing it he was unable to stop the inevitable.

I honsetly enjoyed listening to Chris Cornell sing he had a great voice of nearly 4 octaves and just a damn good vocal style, Soundgarden was just here in Indianapolis on 05/10 and due to a shortage of funds I was unable to attend, it bums me out that I'll never get to see him live again.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 18, 2017,
RIP
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Fuck, man. Was hit hard by Scott passing a couple years ago. Hit just as hard by this. Soundgarden has always been huge for me.
Last edited by JustRooster at May 18, 2017,
Damn :/ I'm not a huge Chris Cornell fan but he died way too young.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
This is the first rock star death that has affected me personally. Chris was my second favorite vocalist so I admired him quite a bit. Never really got into Soundgarden except Black Hole Sun is a really great song (although with a terrible guitar solo, but I digress) that I like a lot. So I will remember Chris mostly from Audioslave. It saddens me now that I never got to see him live. Last year´s spring he came to my town and did an acoustic show but unfortunately I only found out after it had been sold out. There has been talk that he might have committed suicide. If that´s the case then I wish he woulda found a better way to deal with things. Suicides are a grim business especially if you´ve got a spouse and kids.
Now he sees the forest for the trees
Now he touches just enough to feel
I love Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog, I'd love to to see SG live. Very sad news. Say Hello to Heaven Chris.
Quote by Evilnine
Yeah iIhave to say he was one of my favorite vocalists as well, funny I was really never a big fan of grunge musicin general  save for two bands Soundgarden and Alice in Chains both of which had two of my favorite vocalist both of which died too young. It's sad to hear about Chris and was so unexpected it iwas equally sad about Layne although most were not really shocked all things considered, I found it very tragic that many AiC and Mad Season songs lamented about his drug addiction and yet in spite of knowing it he was unable to stop the inevitable.

I honsetly enjoyed listening to Chris Cornell sing he had a great voice of nearly 4 octaves and just a damn good vocal style, Soundgarden was just here in Indianapolis on 05/10 and due to a shortage of funds I was unable to attend, it bums me out that I'll never get to see him live again.

I'm still shocked (found out and posted that while on break at work), home now though.
The only one for me that could hold a candle to Chris Cornell was is Eddie Vedder, not that I didn't like Layne's voice.

Never saw him live though
Page 1 of 3