Folks,

There's really only one kind of style/tone that I want to achieve in my playing but it appears to cost an incredible amount of money.  Take a look at these players, a2c and NIKU for exactly the tone that I want to achieve:

[url="(Invalid video video code)]

and

and

The first video is closer to the tone that I want.  It's got this strange warmth that I have no idea how to replicate tone-wise.  On their profiles, they each have things like the Kempler Profiler (way out of my budget!) and impressive 4k+ dollar guitars.  

I've got a Les Paul Black Beauty and want to run everything through the computer like these guys are doing.  I bought Amplitube  on sale and a Reaper liscence.  I've got Garageband and a presonus 1394 input box (I know it's old).  Apparently Amplitube is like a gateway drug since you don't get that much and they want you to buy more gear through their store.  I can spend about 500 dollars to get closer to that sound.  What i think would be more valuable is being educated in how to go about obtaining a sound like this.  I'm kinda new to gear though links to "what reverb" is won't really cut it.  I'm not afraid of math or physics so please throw technical documents my way and I'll be more than happy to learn.  

I've heard I need to learn things like impulse response and impulse response loading but no idea how to incorporate that into what I've got.  

Can you guys give me some starting information as to what to study and what to buy?  I think this is a long journey but I'm willing to get started!
Last edited by Grenix at May 19, 2017,
That's actually a very genetic tone. I'd say start with a Marshall setting with a decent amount of gain, some kind of od for compression/mids, and a delay at the end.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
evening_crow thanks for the reply.  Would you say that after 2 minutes on that first video (when the guitar solo starts) that it's pretty much the same as the other two videos except for some interesting vibrato?

cf
i don't know anything about that computer stuff, i'd just use a high gain tube amp, throw a boss sd1 in front as a boost, and maybe use a delay pedal, and that should get you there.

i would guess with the software, use a hot-rodded marshall or maybe soldano model, and use a boost in front (tubescreamer or similar) if it lets you, and then a delay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?