So, I started playing guitar 8-9 years ago. I've always found it easy to play the "chords" and rhythm is songs and by now I find it easy to play almost every single chord on the guitar. The thing is that I've almost never played solos etc and I really want to change things up abit. When I find songs that I want to play with intermediate solos and licks things tend to get pretty hard for me because I havent really practiced solos before. Which means that my left hand lacks alot of speed. 

My question is basically if anyone knows any good tutorials and technique to help me get the speed I acquire in order to play solos and licks easier. 

Thanks
The trick is to start with easier solos and gradually work your way up from there. Highway to Hell is a good first solo, you shouldn't have too much trouble working through that one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Which ever genre that interests you, let it be metal, rock, jazz I would suggest looking into your favorite bands of that genre and learning the easier solos and see what techniques they use.
Don't worry about attaining speed, it comes by itself as you learn the things you want to play. If your focus is on choice of notes, clarity of articulation, variation in phrasing, control and development of tone quality, etc... then solo speed will be your natural reward, you never have to "try to gain speed" and most attempts to do so will mess up the other qualities. Always focus on playing good and speed will sneak in of its own.

"...now I find it easy to play almost every single chord on the guitar."

Pretty sure what you mean is that of the chords you have been playing, those you find to be easy to play. There are lots more chords that are not so easy to play, not so much for mechanical reasons, but for harmonic implementation reasons... how and when to use them. If you have been playing rock music, the chords are the chords - a song uses its chords and the guitarist plays those chords without much thinking about them. If you have been playing blues, it is similar except you have some freedom to pick and choose some chord types, but you don't have to do that. With jazz, you are really choosing/constructing chords as you play.

Soloing freely depends on experience with harmony and progressions, which means you may get the best preparation from playing jazz or things like jazz where you listen and decide what chords to form (similar to listening and deciding what lines to play as a soloist). A rock or a simple blues background is going to be very limited in its presentation of this kind of experience with progressions and harmonic choices.

So, what I mean is that if a rhythm guitarist that played just three chord rock and blues were asked to solo, I would not expect them to do much, but someone who had been playing jazz, or prog rock, or other music that uses chords like those below I would expect even as a strictly rhythm player to be able to solo with a fairly sophisticated harmonic basis... they might be slow and have the awkward sound of being inexperienced with soloing, but there would be the sense that their playing definitely had the foundation of understanding what to do, and they would get good quite fast with practice soloing.

7#11sus2
7b13
13b9
7b13b9
m7b13b9

maj7sus2

7b5
7sus2b5

6sus2
m6
m6#5

9sus4
13sus4

I guess what I'm suggesting is that if you feel comfortable with chords, use that as leverage by adding some of the more harmonically challenging chords into your scope of playing... learning new chords and figuring out how and where they work will help make the path to soloing much easier.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
You basically don't know how to pick and play lead.  You've been practicing strumming and your strumming technique is good but you have no lead playing skills and picking single notes.  Look up some alternate and sweep picking exercises.  When I was younger this book was my bible for a while:

I actually recomend it highly.  Buy it, do every single exercise and things will suddenly begin to click. 
If you can already play chords (6 notes) just play 1/6th of what you are already doing and you will be playing lead.

I've found with speed, take a phrase, play it over and over on loop against a metronome, and just focus on getting the timing SOLID. When you really feel like speeding up, adjust the metronome up 5-10bpm. It may not seem like enough but then you have to get back into the groove at this faster tempo, and you can spend more time getting the rhythm SOLID. Over the course of a few days, you will develop some speed.