Page 2 of 2
How to keep away pests from Amps?    

Just fire them from the band.
Quote by SanDune65
I bet those bugs were rocking hard, how did they effect the sound?

They were a great audience. Waved tiny lighters back and forth and everything. Clapped with ALL their tiny feetses.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yeah, but that just brings up the subject of lions. You get a lion infestation and you're right fucked.
OroborosYinYang

Lions notoriously hate thorns. So you just dress like this:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
33db

And you can get rid of those with mice...

yeah that's kind of where i was heading then back to the cats again...

Quote by OroborosYinYang
Yeah, but that just brings up the subject of lions. You get a lion infestation and you're right fucked.

we've been over this, the elephants will scare the lions away.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 22, 2017,
Quote by OroborosYinYang
I did have mice trying to move into my Hotrod Deluxe at one point when we had a slight infestation. Just follow basic pest control: keep food, drinks, and crumbs away from your equipment; and keep your amp in a dry, relatively open area where pests won't be able to hide. If you're still worried after that, use traps or poison.  Otherwise,  you really shouldn't have too many problems.

You can avoid such problems in a Hotrod Deluxe by keeping all the EQ around noon, with just a little bit of reverb. 
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Lions notoriously hate thorns.

you're like dannypidia. how do you know these things?
^ androcles?

not sure i'd be using that as a scientific reference, though

EDIT: now that i think of it it might be a myth that mice scare elephants. we might need to rethink this.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 28, 2017,
gregs1020

Dave_Mc nailed the Androcles reference.

The mice & elephants thing was once thought to be pure myth, but I was watching a nature documentary last year which did indeed capture footage of elephants shying away from mice. They still don't know why or how widespread such behavior is,

And, FWIW, I am a human version of Siri.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

ah ok maybe i was hypercorrecting, since so many things turn out to be myths
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You can find odd things hiding in electronic gear.
I once went to some guys house to work on his computer.
I opened up the case.
Dust everywhere.
As an added bonus, there was also a dead snake inside.
Since I've been around the block in musician circles a couple of times, I did once have a head and 4x12 in this toilet in Houston called Francisco's Studios, we had roaches exploding out of our cabs and amps as soon as we started cranking. Apparently they were drawn back for the heat.We never kept any food in that one.

Had another studio where there were field mice breaking thru the walls and once I had left a whole bag of candy (it was Halloween) and they had taken a little nibble out of each one Then I took a glue trap and there were 5 lined up horizontally and one vertically next time we went to practice, all dead.

Then I bought a used Mesa that came with fleas in its enclosure bag, had to fumigate the whole house 3 times
Get in contact with pest control professionals because they knows various Pest Control Strategies, depending on where you live, and will provide services within your budget.
Last edited by MariaNatividad at Jul 26, 2017,
These advert bots are getting better. Its like a slow burn instead of a carpet bomb.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I dunno how well it works, but you could try encircling your items in diatomaceous earth. Think of it like making a sacred salt circle around your things

It's generally used against bed bugs because it's often sold food grade, but can be used against any crawling bug. The idea is when a bug crawls through it, the shredded silica acts like massive glass shards to their tiny bodies, so it cuts their underbellies and they slowly bleed and dry out to death. You can get a rather large bottle on Amazon for around $5. Because they die slowly, you might want to make the circle around your items large, to give them enough time to die away from your things rather than in your things

Raid also makes 3 different levels of killer: Attack, Control, Prevent

I've only ever tried Attack, which really does work wonders. Spray the bug/s or even the general area (if it's an enclosed space like a cupboard or closet) and the fumes alone will kill them. It's a bit inhuman though. If you can stomp the bugs, it'd be a faster death for them. You otherwise watch them writhe in pain for about a minute

I recommend using Attack until you get their numbers down, then try Prevent. They actually sell Prevent in like a mega gallon container with a fancy electronic sounding nozzle.

Other methods might be: line the ground with double sided tape. The bugs will stick to the tape and dry out or starve to death

Set traps
See they talk to eachother now. Thats cute.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Pretty sure kerrang_ap isn't a spammer. Still thinking about MariaNatividad.

Page 2 of 2