So, I just recently bought a Jen Double Sound, and it sounds absolutely amazing. The problem is, there's a gigantic jump between having the fuzz off or on, plus the switch is difficult to reach when I'm practicing. To solve the first problem, I'd have to trade out the on/off switch for a potentiometer. However, that doesn't solve the accessibility issue, so what I really want to do is trade that on/off switch for a volume pedal. Essentially, I'll be manipulating the amount of fuzz with a separate pedal. 
The question is: is this possible, and how can I accomplish it?
The potentiometer in that spot will mix the signals between fuzz/wah and wah since the switch completes the circuit for either depending on its position. What might work is a potentiometer in the fuzz/wah circuit sending part of the signal to ground right before the output jack. You could use this as a volume pot like in a guitar. Along with that, a treble bleed might come in handy if the effects becomes too dark when you lower the volume.

Have you opened up the pedal to see if there's a trim pot on the inside by any chance to adjust the volume?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by nicholasproff
evening_crow I like that idea a lot. What do you mean by sending part of the signal to ground first, though?

By sending some of the signal to ground it acts like a volume.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by nicholasproff
evening_crow I like that idea a lot. What do you mean by sending part of the signal to ground first, though?

Most effect pedal volume controls care simple voltage dividers:

Check out the treble bleed link evening_crow posted. If you can't follow that then there's a good chance that what you want to do may be beyond your current abilities.

As an aside, you could replace the switch with one with an extra pole to switch out the volume pot as well - that way you have full volume on wah mode, but in fuzz mode the pot comes into affect, allowing you to reduce some volume in this mode only
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at May 26, 2017,