Hello guys, can you help me to decide wich guitar i shoud buy now.
 So i have 2 variants:
1. Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Platinum Grey (400$ used)
2. LTD EC-401QM ( neck-through, 550$, used)

I'm like to play drop C, B, A. Usually it's metalcore, progressive metal and all stuff like that.
And if you know some good guitars in this price range i will be happy if you share with me. ( 7 strings is ok )
Last edited by andrewporyvae at May 20, 2017,
I have a EC-401QM and I absolutely love it immensely, its a very fine instrument. Stays in tune like crazy, nice jumbo frets - 24, Neck: EMG-60, Bridge: EMG-81, I like the control layout, Thin U neck which is very nice. I wouldn't say its the most versatile, its pretty heavy sounding all around, but cleans up nice with the right settings.

Flying in a blue dream
Why not buy something that has a longer scale length?andrewporyvae
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
andrewporyvae See what you can find on the used market for your budget that has a longer scale length. Anything that's 26.5" or longer. Anything Jackson, Ibanez or LTD.

If you're going to be using low-tunings on a constant basis with this guitar, longer scale lengths are going to be hugely advantageous to you. They'll give you a lot more definition in the low end, and don't restrict you to using only very heavy gauges of strings. Guitars with 24.75" scales often don't fare well when tuning down to B. The massive strings a guitar with shorter scale lengths require for that tuning are going to force you to lose a lot of high-end, which is a particularly big loss when you tune down.

I wouldn't recommend the 400 series LTD's. They're made in different factories to the 1000 series, and they're made with a noticeably lesser quality build than the 1000 series as a result. $550 for a 401 is overpriced. You see 1000 LTD's used for only 50 bucks more all day and they're higher quality guitars overall.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I paid $548 new in the box for that one during a sale, I love it but im not sure I would have paid the retail price. I don't know about 550 for a used one, but like TDB suggested finding a 1000 for only $50 more would be a pretty smart choice. I mean I have no complaints about mine but I didn't pay $700 for it so I don't know how that effects my opinion of it.
Flying in a blue dream
Quote by andrewporyvae
T00DEEPBLUE  for example?

Get the baritone versions of the:
  • Squier Vintage Modified JazzMaster,
  • PRS SE Mike Mushok,
  • Michael Kelly MKPBARITRB,
  • GRETSCH Electromatic G5265,
  • Ibanez MMM1 Mike Mushok,
  • Schecter Scorpion,
  • Epiphone Les Paul (27.75" scale!),
  • LTD MH401B,