Ok, I'm in Overloud TH3, and I have the equivolent of the Mesa Boogie Mark II head.

I know what most of the knobs and switches do on this amp, except the three toggles at the top:

TREBLE SH
BASS SH
DEEP

Now obviously the two SH ones are to do with treble and bass, but what is SH standing for here?  And deep?  Those just confuse me more than a little.

I've switched them and listened, but the one thing I know is that what the ears hear can sometimes be an "illusion" of sorts.  You can cut the treble and/or mids and give the sound of having "more bass", but the ear thinks you just boosted the bass lol.  So before I go playing around with these too much I want to know what they actually do?

I would look at the user manual for this info usually, but Overloud only provide what each amp is equivalent to, not what each knob and/or switch does.  Most of them are obvious, but those 3 boggle the mind a bit here heh.  I'm willing to bet I'm going to smack myself and do an epic face palm when someone that knows what these are lets me know lol.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
No worries, the fact that they do not tell you what they do is kind of their fault. I would guess the SH stands for "shape". So it adjusts what the treble or bass boost/cut looks like. It could adjust where the boost/cut is in the frequency spectrum: one way it may adjust a band of treble frequencies maybe around 5k-10k, and flipping the switch the other way may adjust 7k-15k. Or it may also just broaden the q range, so from 5k-10k, when switched it may adjust 2k to 15k.

Typically what I have heard a "deep" switch to do is it cuts mids to give the perception of a thicker bass response. Ultimately, not very useful considering the guitar is primarily a midrange instrument.
Just googled the mess mark ii. There's a few knobs that can be pulled and that acts as a switch. The treble and bass can be pulled for "treble shift" and "bass shift"

Treble shift seems like it's supposed to give a higher gain, fatter sound. Called "fat" on some other amps.

Bass shift "extends the low end frequencies in the preamp" so I'm guessing lower/more bass?

Edit: and seems like deep changes the frequency of the bass response. More of a bump up around 80-100hz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by ibanezguitars44 at May 20, 2017,