I bought a MIM classic 60s Jaguar and had the typical problem everyone has, the stock bridges are awful. I did some research and found that Mastery makes the best solution for this problem so I ordered one. When I went to install I realized the stock body holes were not large enough for the Mastery bridge so I called Mastery and they said I'd have to drill out the stock body holes to make it fit properly. Being that I am not too handy and don't trust myself drilling into my brand new guitar, I called some local shops and everyone is quoting me for around 120-150$+ to install which is insane because now Im up to $300+ to fix this bridge issue. Has anyone else had this installation issue or have any advise? At this point I'm thinking about just returning the Mastery and getting a full set up on the stock bridge and living with the buzzing. 
Definitely don't risk doing it yourself if you're not confident. I had the same problem but delegated the job of drilling to a neighbour who is quite a sensible and handy bloke so I figured he'd know what he was doing. It worked but left two big cracks and a chip in the finish which I wasn't too pleased about

If you want the Mastery, obviously get this done properly, as much as that may cost. If you don't want the Mastery enough to justify that cost, there are other, cheaper, options, as you may have discovered. Absolute cheapest option is to get a tube of blue LocTite (it's important that it's blue, because you still want to be able to make adjustments later) and apply it to any grub screws that rattle or work work themselves loose. If you're not having trouble with the saddles or the rocking, that'll do the job. I have that on my Telecaster, which has the same kind of bridge. If you do have the saddle problem, at least on the low E, a slightly fiddly option which I've found to be pretty efficacious is to adjust the saddle to be higher on the side adjacent to the next saddle and lower on the side at the end, such that the low E can no longer manage to jump out of its slot to the next groove. I know sanding a bigger groove is something some people like to do; permanent modification isn't something I like to do if I can avoid it, even if the saddles are pretty easy to replace.

Next step up in terms of cost would be to switch out for a Mustang bridge/saddles. No grub screws, no problem. I don't know how it is on the '60s Lacquer, but I found the string spacing to be an issue for me, as it was too wide and the top and bottom string were right at the edge of the fretboard.

Finally, there's the Staytrem bridge, which is a substantially cheaper upgrade than the Mastery. I haven't tried it, but essentially it's the Mustang bridge without the string spacing issue and with a few other mods to make it a bit more convenient. You can also get it with a modification to limit the bridge's rocking, if that's something you have a problem with.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
K33nbl4d3 Thank you very much for the reply! I am going to try and call around to some other shops in the area and see if I can get a reasonable quote. If not, I think i'll give the staytrem a shot, seems to work pretty well for people.
Quote by gmk5070
 I did some research and found that Mastery makes the best solution for this problem so I ordered one.  

Those Mastery bridges are seriously nice, and I know someone who put one on a "Liquid" from Rondo Music (I think that's a $139 guitar -- the bridge is worth more than the guitar), and who overhauled the Mustang style trem with some expensive parts while he was at it. At this point, the guitar is a beautiful player, and everything he ever wanted. But his friends think he's nuts for hanging such expensive stuff on a cheap guitar.

I have an Agile, and one that would be around $400 new if ordered as is. I had to custom-tweak the stupid thing, change the construction, the neck heel, yada yada, and the thing that resulted was $1160 in a case, shipped to my door. Worse, I had about $1500 worth of work done on it (and there are now holes in it that weren't there originally), so now we're talking $2700 worth of $400 guitar. But it absolutely does everything I want in a guitar like that.

You'll never see the money back out of the guitar if you sell it, but it'll be an absolute killer guitar for a very long time if you follow through.