This is probably a long shot but I thought I'd ask. anybody have or at least heard the Champ X2 and a Fender Bassman that can tell me how close does the X2 emulation come to the real sound of a Bassman. In fact I'd be interested to know, in general, how close do the emulations come to the real thing. The only one I can actually compare is the Twin and while it isn't exact, it is fairly close with a lot of the difference due most likely to the much smaller speaker in the X2.
I assume you mean the Fender SuperChamp X2 yes?  15w tube output section with voice channel?

I have the earlier SuperChamp XD and honestly, the thing sounds pretty legit for a cheap-as-dirt hybrid amp.  I play a lot of small pub gigs and this little dude gets it done.  Are the voices perfect replicas of $2000 vintage amps?  Of course not, but pretty damn good to my ears.  I like channel 1 for the Fender Blackface tone which is very close to my old 65 Princeton Reverb.  The drive channel is good for "Fender Tweed" "Vox AC30" and "Marshall Plexi" while it is a lot less interesting for heavier modern stuff.  If you like vintage amp tone in a small package, this is money well spent IMO.

Here is a sample of the XD by a guy that plays pretty well:

;
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 22, 2017,
I had a super champ xd also and have plugged into the x2. Like Cajundaddy says not exact, but these are really nice amps and do a good job reproducing vintage tones. Great amps at that price point.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD