I have a 2010 camry and any music i play from it sounds like shat. The drums are super loud, virtually no bass, etc. Just sounds like every song is mixed horribly. Ive messed with the eq in about every way possible and it doesnt get much better. Its the same whether its radio, aux, bluetooth, or cd.
So would getting different speakers fix my problem or would i need a new stereo
Thanks
Country music sucks
I don't know if there are any car speakers here. Mostly you'll find spanish, german, french, and mandarin speakers. 
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by CENSORED.
I have a 2010 camry and any music i play from it sounds like shat. The drums are super loud, virtually no bass, etc. Just sounds like every song is mixed horribly. Ive messed with the eq in about every way possible and it doesnt get much better. Its the same whether its radio, aux, bluetooth, or cd.
So would getting different speakers fix my problem or would i need a new stereo
Thanks

What brands of speakers/amp/head unit are you using? If you have no bass the solution is obvious: either get a woofer(s) or bigger speakers. Are you running a separate amp, or are you driving your system with the head unit? If you are driving the speakers with the head unit, chances are you have high THD going into the speakers. The source material wouldn't matter. 

On the other hand if you already have woofers, and an amp, and everything was working okay until recently: check your fusebox, make sure the fuse for your amplifier is still good. It's possible to blow the fuse to the amp, in some wiring configurations, but not the head unit. That would result in the scenario I mentioned above: high THD to the speakers, but a big loss in power output (bass would be hit badly). 
TobusRex its the stock sound system. I guess it has bass but i really meant the bass guitar is mixed really low
Country music sucks
Quote by CENSORED.
TobusRex its the stock sound system. I guess it has bass but i really meant the bass guitar is mixed really low

Well, don't know how that would be your speakers, unless they had some sort of weird hole in their frequency range.  Another possibility is maybe your speakers got some rain damage from moisture seeping in.  Probably somebody messed up your EQ settings. 
No the stereo and speakers 100% stock and the eq settings are about the best i can get them
Country music sucks
Get one of those monster sub bass boxes that you can stuff your trunk, makes your whole car shake. Assuming you're into bass boosted trap music. I don't know much about side door speakers, but anything is better than stock.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Get one of these and a decent amp and you'll never have to worry about bass in your car. Retard easy to install. 

http://www.jlaudio.com/acp208lg-w3v3-car-audio-microsub-amplified-subwoofer-systems-93331

I'm driving the above subwoofers with this: 

http://www.jlaudio.com/xd500-3v2-car-audio-xdv2-amplifiers-98603

Plus, I have these up front hooked up to the same amp. 

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-speakers-c3

I have a pretty killer car stereo, to be honest. 
That is because first you must install or repair the sounds of the car itself. This can be achieved by downloading the full set of "Vehicles and Transport Sound Effects" by Sounddogs Sound Effects. After that the speakers and music will sound fantastic, forever.
just treat it the same as any audio system good quality source and good quality speakers 
Quote by Masquirina
That is because first you must install or repair the sounds of the car itself.

What do you mean by this?
Country music sucks
You know, the car sounds such as "vrrrooom", "beep beep", and what have you. You must install those first to improve the speaker's sound quality. See, the mechanism is very similar to that of the calliope or pyrophone, where internal combustion from the rapid heating of fuel creates a series of explosions in resonance chambers that are connected to your car's sound output system. The car's internal event listener class contains a method that takes the "vroom" sounds and hands them to an ActionListener, which determines which tone the speaker will output by regulating the RPM of the piston. The changes in spark timing then create different levels of fuel ignition, varying the explosions in the resonance chambers and thus creating a better quality of speaker output.
Masquirina
Oh ya know what? I just checked my blinker fluid and that was low so i filled it up and the speakers are great now!
Country music sucks
CENSORED.
Don't forget to check that your brakes are generously oiled!

Also if you have airbags be sure to check the air pressure.
You're complaining of the poor sound quality of the factory stereo in a cheap disposable car? What do you expect?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by CENSORED.
T00DEEPBLUE
the minimal to fix it

Boss Metalzone into the MP3 input
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
do you get crackle and popping when you adjust the EQ? is the display on the radio still working properly?  15 years on stock speakers is pushing the life out of them, especially if they've been abused. are you planning on keeping the car? if you are, replace the speakers. just about relpacement is probably gonna sound better then whats in there. if that doesnt fix or help it, then you start dropping more money on the system. 
Last edited by mattedbird at May 23, 2017,
mattedbird
Yeah im gonna keep it. So i guess ill change the speakers with something fairly cheap and hopefully that does it.
Thanks
Country music sucks
 cheaper usually just means shorter life in the speaker, but unless you're getting crazy with the set-up and volumn levels, you should be alright for a while. 

easy enough to check reviews on different stuff. 
Quote by mattedbird
do you get crackle and popping when you adjust the EQ? is the display on the radio still working properly?  15 years on stock speakers is pushing the life out of them, especially if they've been abused. are you planning on keeping the car? if you are, replace the speakers. just about relpacement is probably gonna sound better then whats in there. if that doesnt fix or help it, then you start dropping more money on the system. 

Most stock speakers have paper cones. Paper cones are a lot better than people think (they can sound amazing), but humidity will damage them over the long haul. Car speakers mounted in the doors can take water damage from rain as well. The rubber seals on the door/body of my car degraded over time and eventually allowed water to reach the speakers. This being the case if you replace the speakers with other paper cone speakers, unless you repair the window seals you will have to replace those speakers in a few years for the same thing. Best to stick to polypropylene , if possible. More resistant to water/humidity damage. I've had my speakers for about 5 years now, and they still sound fantastic. 
Quote by CENSORED.
mattedbird
Yeah im gonna keep it. So i guess ill change the speakers with something fairly cheap and hopefully that does it.
Thanks

Polk Audio makes some pretty great speakers at a good price. These are pretty cheap, and they sound pretty good. Efficient, with a decent freq range. 

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Slim-Mount-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B000P0NJPS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495594304&sr=8-2&keywords=polk+audio+6.5
I've found its hard to tell quality difference in speakers when i dont have another brand hooked up in my truck to compare it to.  my set of four (part store brand) speakers for around $75 play conservative talk radio loud and clear.   

true dat about the weathering taking a toll on them.