Page 1 of 16
mentally ill white teenager or muslim man place your bets here
PM me for newts
 A spokesman said Grande, who was performing at the arena as part of her  "Dangerous Woman" world tour,

Well...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"Explosive performance."

There, I said it. Now none of you mouth breathers can post it thinking you're clever and funny.
There are fatalities? Shit. Even if there weren't, it seems scary as fuck for people in there, and many can be (or were indeed) harmed by the panic and stampede.

Let's hope everybody comes out okay and there are no more serious injuries/fatalities.

Also, yeah, let's wait for more information, it will definitely arrive soon enough
white teenage boy 4sure
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Seems it came from the ticket office and not inside the auditorium, could've gone off early but it looks to me like they were trying to get everyone as they left the stadium

also people should be trained to not trample over each other in times like this, I know it's not really their fault but listening to reports of people shoving others down/out the way is pretty depressing
Last edited by Bladez22 at May 22, 2017,
Mass murders at entertainment events are classic Muslim MO. They hate fun. Definitely a Muslim this time.
Quote by Bladez22
also people should be trained to not trample over each other in times like this, I know it's not really they're fault but listening to reports of people shoving others down/out the way is pretty depressing

you n me baby we ain't nothin but mammals

so lets stampede like they stampede on the discovery channel
PM me for newts
Quote by Bladez22
also people should be trained to not trample over each other in times like this, I know it's not really their fault but listening to reports of people shoving others down/out the way is pretty depressing

You can't "train" that, it's survival instict. The solution is to set up systems and infrastructure so the chances of that happening are lessened. Stuff like:
  • Decrease the capacity of the venue (so people are less crowded)
  • Maybe make the platform be at different heights, designed in a way so that if anybody falls to the ground in such stampede they can always get up (or can do so more easily).
  • Add security guards specifically trained to separate crowds (with the appropriate gear and tools) in strategic places to prevent such stampedes from going overboard
  • Design the venue so that there are many more (clearly visible) emergency exits, in such a way that smaller groups of crowds will form trying to go to each one of them. If there is 1 big crowd going to 1 or 2 doors (or just towards 1 location) you'll get more injuries/deaths than if you have 3-4 crowds going into separate directions
  • Dunno, do some mathematical and engineering magic to figure out how to prevent it
I haven't even heard if it's an explosion. I just keep hearing that it was a loud bang. Didn't look like there was smoke or anything
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by gonzaw
You can't "train" that, it's survival instict. The solution is to set up systems and infrastructure so the chances of that happening are lessened. Stuff like:
  • Decrease the capacity of the venue (so people are less crowded)
  • Maybe make the platform be at different heights, designed in a way so that if anybody falls to the ground in such stampede they can always get up (or can do so more easily).
  • Add security guards specifically trained to separate crowds (with the appropriate gear and tools) in strategic places to prevent such stampedes from going overboard
  • Design the venue so that there are many more (clearly visible) emergency exits, in such a way that smaller groups of crowds will form trying to go to each one of them. If there is 1 big crowd going to 1 or 2 doors (or just towards 1 location) you'll get more injuries/deaths than if you have 3-4 crowds going into separate directions
  • Dunno, do some mathematical and engineering magic to figure out how to prevent it

I'm well aware its human nature, and after watching a documentary about Hillsborough I read up on the techniques police use to control large crowds. One thing is clear though, the stadium staff were not prepared for this

Ah shit fair, this bloke on BBC news got thrown out the doors by the blast, definitely sounds like a slightly mistimed bomb
Greater Manchester police just set of a controlled explosion in the cathedral gardens, so they must've found another device, fuck
Quote by Bladez22
Greater Manchester police just set of a controlled explosion in the cathedral gardens, so they must've found another device, fuck

Not necessarily. Plenty of abandoned bags in a situation like this.
Quote by korinaflyingv
This is the UK, it's usually muslims.

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by 33db
Burgery
Poor taste, people are suffering.
pot kettle
Quote by korinaflyingv
i tbh thought this was just sensationalism when i posted that, didnt realise we had confirmed fatalities
Quote by korinaflyingv
Sad that they chose a concert that was sure to have a large amount of young people in attendance.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Not necessarily. Plenty of abandoned bags in a situation like this.

Although they released a statement telling people that it was a controlled explosion they wouldn't have risked panicking people any further unless it was necessary, and a common tactic is to leave two bombs, one to shit people up, then a follow up one to hurt the first responders

Could've been something innocent though, which I hope it is

Aaand police just confirmed it was a bag of clothes they blew up
Quote by Evilnine
Sad that they chose a concert that was sure to have a large amount of young people in attendance.

Yep according to witnesses they were carrying out some kids.
Quote by 33db
Yep according to witnesses they were carrying out some kids.
Yup I'd hazard to guess that the majority of the adults at that show might be parents chaperoning their kids.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

They must have been some very suspicious clothes
I have nothing important to say
Getting real tired of these explosions.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Truly awful.

Pretty chilling that it was only the other day that I was next to that auditorium on the way to a gig in another theatre.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
From an experienced emergency medicine perspective, I can tell you specialized pediatric equipment is not common or generally accessible in bulk. Hopefully the EMS workers are getting the supplies they need.