hey guys, here's a song I came up with recently. I composed all of it. I hope you guys give it a listen and give me some feedback, good/bad both work thanks  
also leave your track in the comments so  i can listen to it as well! [url="(Invalid video video code)]
In relation to the rest of the song, the intro is awful. I'd scrap the first 30 seconds entirely if this were my song.

That said, the rest of the song is very not super unique in terms of composition but very well recorded. A few mess ups here and there but aside that, very good. Puts me in mind of Black Crown Initiate meets Rivers of Nihil. The outro is something I really like, mostly because it sounds like something I'd write so I guess there's me showing my hidden narcissism. Overall, v good.

On the production side, drums aren't the most meaty sounding but they're written well. Your rhythm tone isn't great, it's a bit lacking but tbh it just needs some beef. Lead tone is and bass tone is
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
EpiExplorer  Thanks for checking it out man, I appreciate the  critique! funny enough those are some of the bands i've been actually listening to a lot lately. I'm not very good at recording etc, but I think it'd be cool to do with a real drummer  
do you have any recordings? is there specific mess ups that stand out to you? just asking to improve!  
Quote by enloartworks
EpiExplorer  Thanks for checking it out man, I appreciate the  critique! funny enough those are some of the bands i've been actually listening to a lot lately. I'm not very good at recording etc, but I think it'd be cool to do with a real drummer  
do you have any recordings? is there specific mess ups that stand out to you? just asking to improve!  

Nothing that I'm happy with sharing atm cuz they're all rough/unfinished. I've got something in the works though and I'll post it when it's mostly done.

As for mess ups, it's only really small things but they stick out a bit:

@1:15 Your triplet patterns specifically are offbeat. Not the 4/4 gallops but the actual 1-2-3-1-2-3 bits.

@2:01 That slight hanging on to the final note of the double-picked riff wouldn't fly in a proper recording because it throws off the next riff.

@3:01 You muted a note accidentally and mute the same note again on the second repetition but that's just a 'solved with practice' thing.

Consider your playing essentially flawless aside that though.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Last edited by EpiExplorer at May 29, 2017,