I went to see a covers band at my local pub last weekend...4 piece ,bass,drums,guitar and vocals...guitarist was tap dancing all night he had that many pedals...However they did a version of the final countdown by Europe 3 songs in and i expected the guitarist to do the intro on guitar...much to my amazement the keyboard intro came through the PA after the drummer counted the rest of the band in...this went on throughout the whole of the show with various other numbers..not a sign of a minidisc player with backing tracks on or a laptop carrying the same backing tracks  now i'm aware there are pedals out there that can do this sort of thing but i'm at a loss what to look for or what they are called...any one point me in the right direction?
i'm not sure if i have the right end of the stick, but maybe a looper pedal?

EDIT: minidisc player? you must be as old as i am. i bought one. i stand by that decision.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could be some kind of synth pedal used with a looper, if need be.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Just because you did not see a laptop or other backing track-ableing technology does not mean it was not there. Could have been backstage or just out of your sight somewhere. Could also just be a looper pedal or a "playback" pedal like the TC Electronic Wiretap.

If it was my choice on how samples or backing tracks were played, it would be laptop. However if you use backing tracks like that you will need everyone on IEM's and click tracks as well.
Last edited by Will Lane at May 24, 2017,
My educated guess would be he's using a Roland guitar synth...not something that's easy to spot unless you know what you're looking to
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm not sure if i have the right end of the stick, but maybe a looper pedal?

EDIT: minidisc player? you must be as old as i am. i bought one. i stand by that decision.

i've got a minidisc deck ha ha ...a lot of the Karaoke style "artistes" use them round my neck of the UK for backing tracks
oh right
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?