Hi everyone!

I am looking for a book that explains the mechanics/technique for chord changes.
Something like: "To get from this chord to that chord, take your fourth finger as a guiding finger and make sure fingers 1 and 3 are placed first on the fretboard".
Is there such a book that goes into the very details of mechanics of chord changes? If possible with lots of exercises of specific chord changes.

Thanks for any ideas and recommendations!
No book exists. How you change to a chord, and what fingers you use will be very much determined by the song you are playing. It will depend on what chord is currently being played, what extensions are being played, what chord follows the next chord, what shape chord you are using (are you playing open G, a G bar chord rooted on the 6th/5th/4th, a G triad chord, etc..).

I wouldn't over think this too much. Just figure out, when learning a song, the most efficient way to change chord. The most efficient way will require the least finger/hand movement. For example, an open C to an open G, I would use my index, middle, and ring fingers for the C and then my middle, ring, and pinky for the G.
That stuff's up to you to work out. Good technique is a result of solving problems, not just learning motions. Once you know the proper way to play the chords, the proper way to move between them will follow. You just have to practice it very slow and figure out for yourself how to get to the all the notes at the right time.

By the time you're familiar with the fretboard and know how to construct chords anywhere, you'll be well past the point of having to think about the specific motions of the chord changes. 

Outside of practicing, watch other players, imitate them, listen carefully to them and to yourself.
Last edited by cdgraves at May 24, 2017,
Learning how to change between chords has everything to do with just doing it and getting familiar with the different chord shapes. Eventually it will become automatic and you don't have to think about it at all. As said above, practice it slowly. Pay close attention to changes that feel more awkward. When your fingers know what they are supposed to do, you will also be able to play those changes faster. If you can't do it slowly, you can't do it fast either.

It has a lot to do with muscle memory. Some things cannot be learned from books and one of them is muscle memory. Muscle memory requires doing the same thing over and over again.

So just spend time practicing chord changes that feel awkward. For example if changing between open C and G major chords feels awkward, play those two chords over and over again until it starts to feel more natural. Maybe find a song that uses those chords a lot and use it as an exercise.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115