So, I'm looking for the guitar version of the Warwick Thumb. Super curvy, fully rounded edges, no flat parts, small body. What suggestions do you all have? It would be amazing if I could find a Bubinga body and Wenge neck too. 

This Spector ARC6  is pretty much there (curved body (arch and carved) minus the woods, more so than the old Kramer Spector. 

Prefer the look of these US versions, but I don't have $3k to drop.

Also, these old Carvins look pretty close, but I like a 3+3 headstock, and those horns are a little long.

I thought about getting a Les Paul and rounding out the edges.. or getting a bubinga Telecaster body and carving it up, then putting on a wedge neck, but if it sucks, I'm left with something hard to sell.. 

Any other ideas?
mayones.

Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at May 24, 2017,
You don't have $3k; how much do you have?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by cityofgiants
AcousticMirror Wow, those are beautiful! The back is outstanding, but the top still looks relatively flat.

ya i don't know of any production guitars that are completely rounded. that's a bass thing. That carvin up there can be ordered with a 3+3 headstock though.
I have seen some Jon Kammerer guitars that might fit that bill.
Edit- just saw the budget. You might and big might, be able to find it used in that range.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by cityofgiants
dannyalcatraz Ha.. let's say $500-1000 for now but at this point I'm just kind of getting a list going. Who knows about the future funds..

I have 7 Jon Kammerer guitars (recommended above). Incredible machines. they don't often pop up under $1000, but they do, sometimes- usually that model. Not surprisingly, though- I think it's his #1 seller.

Right now, the only one I see out there used is this one, which is slightly above your budget. But if you could stretch to get it, I bet you'd love it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Jon-Kammerer-USA-Scorpius-Custom-Solidbody-Guitar-Spalted-Maple-w-case-/322526933036?hash=item4b181a702c:g:ftMAAOSwKtVWxPtM
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

The DBZ/Diamond Imperial, Imperial Jr, or Royale family of guitars has fairly founded edges.
http://www.diamondguitars.com/imperial-collection

From the same designer, the DZPL Zenyatta was contoured likewise
https://deanzelinsky.com/guitars/zenyatta

Some of those have been discontinued, but are found easily enough in the used market.

I think some of the Airlines have rounded edges:
https://www.eastwoodguitars.com/collections/airline

The Phantom Teardrop would be a candidate:
http://phantomguitars.com/teardrop.html

dannyalcatraz There's something really intriguing about that Zenyatta. But those first two are definitely large bodies. I've got a super souped up Ibanez Artcore that is my big electric. I'm looking for something a lot smaller. That Jon Kammerer is just crazy nice looking though. I'll be keeping an eye out for those.
Takes more work & time.

Because basses are gross? I dunno probably not enough demand. Most of those guitars Danny posted are discontinued.

Maybe check out the ibanez js and older roadster series
They may not look it from the front, but Fret-King Venturas are very contoured- here's shots of mine:

How about a Brian Eastwood Bender Distortocaster?

Quote by cityofgiants
Also, these old Carvins look pretty close, but I like a 3+3 headstock, and those horns are a little long.

Something you need to learn about Carvins is that there are a number of headstocks available, including a 3+3. As for the horns, you'll notice that they end up in about the same spot as those on the Spectors (the bass side is near the 12th fret), but the Carvins are 24-fret guitars, where the Spectors are only 22, so the Carvins are cut a bit deeper to allow access to those frets.

Quote by cityofgiants
I thought about getting a Les Paul and rounding out the edges.. or getting a bubinga Telecaster body and carving it up, then putting on a wedge neck, but if it sucks, I'm left with something hard to sell.. 

Carvin (sorry, Kiesel these days) has a single-cut neck-through that can be ordered with rounded edges, and the woods aren't a problem. But your budget is.
Last edited by dspellman at May 25, 2017,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I got to play one of those for a while -- they're actually pretty playable. They were a novelty thing ("I left my guitar in the car today and boy was it hot") and if you got onstage with a couple of strings out of tune and then made a big show out of tuning it up and then playing something on it, folks were usually humorously impressed. In order to get that melty look on the fretboard, you'll notice that it's slightly multi scale (fan fret). But it works!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Kill it with fire.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Kill it with fire.

Evidently someone tried.
And it melted.
Well, I ended up purchasing the Spector Arc 6 and it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for! BAM! But, here's another I found that is pretty rad!

Last edited by cityofgiants at Jun 14, 2017,
That last one is ceramic, and here's another that I spotted from the following video .. WOW, crazy.

Last edited by cityofgiants at Jun 14, 2017,
cityofgiants

I saw that vid a while ago: that dude was a damn good engineer!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
The DBZ/Diamond Imperial, Imperial Jr, or Royale family of guitars has fairly founded edges.
http://www.diamondguitars.com/imperial-collection

From the same designer, the DZPL Zenyatta was contoured likewise
https://deanzelinsky.com/guitars/zenyatta

Some of those have been discontinued, but are found easily enough in the used market.

MMMM I'm liking both of these!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge