Does anyone know how to get rid of these faded rests in the standard notation? It's annoying. It only shows up for .gp5 files. I've tried checking the "Hide useless rests in standard notation." button in the stylesheet settings but still nope.

Here's a screenshot:

Thanks
you accidentally put your password as your username
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
ImNeverSalty I had used GP5 previously but I kept getting an error in French when opening certain files and on random occasions. There's no way of getting rids of it. It bugged me so much I thought I'd change to using GP6 and I actually prefer it, just I have this slight problem unfortunately. I've been manually removing the rests in every GP5 file in GP6. Strangely, they're only on Metallica tabs...
Quote by dd9467320293dd
ImNeverSalty I had used GP5 previously but I kept getting an error in French when opening certain files and on random occasions. There's no way of getting rids of it. It bugged me so much I thought I'd change to using GP6 and I actually prefer it, just I have this slight problem unfortunately. I've been manually removing the rests in every GP5 file in GP6. Strangely, they're only on Metallica tabs...

Well, maybe they're from the same person and he made some weird notating while creating these Metallica tabs?

And regarding the French alerts, did it involve some dll file? I had it a couple of weeks ago, not letting me change the directory being browsed or pressing on a file with the mouse cursor when opening a file, but I think reseting my PC fixed it. I usually just put it on sleep mode, so perhaps something with the file indexing went wrong until a reboot was made.

Another issue I still have is that after making many pauses and re-playing of a tab with the RSE on, it starts showing some memory issue notification whenever pressing play again and the RSE sounds become twice as loud. After a further bunch of pause-plays, the program would usually become unusable with a non-stopping series of error notifications popping up (fixed when restarting Guitar Pro).
Last edited by TLGuitar at May 25, 2017,
It's to do with layers. On GP6 you can layer multiple things on top of each other. I am not at home right now so I can't check but the "1 2 3 4" buttons in the bottom left of the tab are how you filter between the layers. Not sure why they show up on GP5 files opened in GP6 but my guess is it's something to do with the format.

I have to ask why do you actually care? The rests are barely visible, they aren't exactly hindering your ability to read the tab.