Page 1 of 5
It amazes me how often I read about Schecter being one of the worst electric guitar manufacturers out there. I've owned a C-1+ which was a GREAT guitar but I eventually sold it for unrelated reasons and I currently have a C-1 Classic and a Hellraiser Hybrid C-1. Both of these guitars are outstanding and worth every penny. I'm even willing to say the Hellraiser Hybrid C-1 plays better and is more comfortable to hold than the PRS SE that I used to own before I had the C-1+. 

Most of the complaints I've seen about Schecter have to do with the beck being to thick. People talk mad shit saying "well the neck isn't fast hurr durr". How is a neck "fast"? I have no problem playing anything "fast" on these necks. They aren't uncomfortable. I don't have big hands. I think others are just so bad at playing that they blame their lack of capability at higher tempos on the "neck being too thick" because it's some kind of fad.

Then there is the "Abalone" issue. I get it. I can look a bit too gaudy when overused and I don't like when it's on every part of the guitar myself. Guess what though? The C-1 Hellraiser Hybrid has no abalone on it! The frets are MOP! The C-1 classic has abalone on the fretboard but it actually looks decent with the "vine of life" (whatever it's called) design. No abalone binding on the neck, or the body, or the headstock. Not "gaudy" at all. I'd rather have abalone frets or MOP than melted down plastic spoons in my fretboard (Gibson). Even the "Banshee Elite and Banshee Extreme" models are void of abalone, so to tack this on the company like it's a trademark is very misleading. 

Now we get to the hate because "Synyster Gates" plays Schecter guitars. Yes, his special edition guitar is ugly. The shape looks pretty bad. No, he's not the best guitarist out there. Yet there are plenty of worse guitarists and songwriters out there using Fender, Gibson, ESP, PRS, Jackson, Ibanez, and everything else under the sun. No need to judge a company just because some guitarist you don't like is endorsed by them.  

I'm willing to bet that people who hate on Schecter haven't even played these models or any of their upper end stuff. Have you all even seen what this company offers in Japan? Good lord I'd love to try some of those guitars out. 
[anecdotal nonsense]
Preferences. When I worked at a guitar shop, we got some entry-level Schecters that were perfectly passable instruments, no better or worse at quality control than any other company for the price range. I did want a C-1 for a while... In any case, they weren't great sellers because the owner pushed Cort and Dean to the high school metalheads that comprised our customer base (the local high school was a brief walk away, and this was a rural area). Aside from that, nobody really had any definitive qualms with Schecter. Their products just didn't sell as much. At least the company didn't pull any shenanigans with us.

And yeah, living in Japan, I see what they have available here. Most Japanese people stick with the standard Fenders, Gibsons, and Epiphones (or equivalents) in my experience - most of my students have Strats or copies thereof. As a side note, the shop I go to in Kobe has had a Synyster Gates model in the used section for years now, and they can't get rid of the damn thing.
[/anecdotal nonsense]
I am a fake mountain.
I've never heard much of anything like what you're complaining about, besides the association with gaudiness and angsty teens which isn't a big deal unless you're defensive about being associated with angsty teens. I think "hate" is probably  something that gets made up by people hungry for drama more than anything, I don't know that anybody cares enough about Schecter to actually hate the brand. 

There's enough Internet for every brand to be insulted somewhere, I don't think complaining about it perceived slights to the honor of your favorite one is productive or meaningful. I'm not sure why you should care what other people think, or why we should care what you think about what you think other people think.
Quote by Roc8995
I've never heard much of anything like what you're complaining about, besides the association with gaudiness and angsty teens which isn't a big deal unless you're defensive about being associated with angsty teens. I think "hate" is probably  something that gets made up by people hungry for drama more than anything, I don't know that anybody cares enough about Schecter to actually hate the brand. 

There's enough Internet for every brand to be insulted somewhere, I don't think complaining about it perceived slights to the honor of your favorite one is productive or meaningful. I'm not sure why you should care what other people think, or why we should care what you think about what you think other people think.

I usually do research before dropping money on a guitar and I'll try to find somewhere that will let me demo a model if they have it in stock. That being said, most of the online research I see about Schecter guitars tends to be about how bad they are compared to other brands. I had to experience this for myself, but lo and behold, I was hooked on this brand when I went to try the C-1+ a LONG time ago. 

The gaudiness wasn't there, it wasn't decked out with abalone, and the price was decent and I got what I paid for. 

I don't necessarily care about why you should care about what I think. I do care about weeding out all of the misinformation though so that other people don't get caught up in the hype of famous "brand names" that deserve to be put out of business like Gibson (who have no QC whatsoever). 

Also, I don't get where the "teen angst" comes from. Most teenagers that I teach seem to use low to mid range Ibanez guitars (great company), Epiphone guitars, and a couple use Fender. My teacher used a Hellraiser back when I was taking lessons and the dude was in his mid 20s. It almost makes me salty that such an absurd stereotype is attached to this brand. 
Schecters gets so much hate? Since when? It seems like they're pretty universally liked.

I dislike the aesthetic of many of their guitars. I generally don't like their neck profiles. Too much abalone on many of the models. Too many generic EMG-loaded guitars with generic trans red finishes with quilt maple veneer tops and rosewood fretboards. 2edgy4me model names. They're kind of an embodiment of a guitar that's made solely to appeal to 15 year old teenagers with daddy's money.

They have other guitars with don't have that aesthetic, but I cannot help but associate the brand with that aesthetic. And given there are so many good alternatives, I don't really feel too much incentive for that to change.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They're kind of an embodiment of a guitar that's made solely to appeal to 15 year old teenagers with daddy's money.

I don't get where this stereotype comes from. Like I said, I have yet to teach any teenagers that own a Schecter. In high school I didn't know any guitarists that used Schecter. It was all about Gibson, Fender, and Ibanez. Even the "edgiest" person I knew had a black Epiphone. 

Yes they have some strange names. "Banshee", "Hellraiser", "Blackjack". But whatever man. Ibanez has the "Xiphos" and "Iceman". Names are names and in the end it's not very smart to judge a guitar by it's name. The "Iceman" is badass, I still wish I could get my hands on a 2008 model in good condition. 

You get what you pay for with this company. You give Gibson $5000 and you end up with a guitar with an intrinsic value of $500-$1000. The names of the Schecter guitars might be a bit "out there" in some cases but at least you aren't paying for the name when you buy one. 

Quote by ImNeverSalty
I don't get where this stereotype comes from. Like I said, I have yet to teach any teenagers that own a Schecter. In high school I didn't know any guitarists that used Schecter. It was all about Gibson, Fender, and Ibanez. Even the "edgiest" person I knew had a black Epiphone. 

Yes they have some strange names. "Banshee", "Hellraiser", "Blackjack". But whatever man. Ibanez has the "Xiphos" and "Iceman". Names are names and in the end it's not very smart to judge a guitar by it's name. The "Iceman" is badass, I still wish I could get my hands on a 2008 model in good condition. 

You get what you pay for with this company. You give Gibson $5000 and you end up with a guitar with an intrinsic value of $500-$1000. The names of the Schecter guitars might be a bit "out there" in some cases but at least you aren't paying for the name when you buy one. 

Hate to burst your bubble, but the 'intrinsic value' of any guitar you pay over $1k for is closer to $500. It's all still just dead tree and copper.
Over here Schecter guitars are pretty well thought of, I think.  My lad plays both an Ibanez JEM and a Schecter C-1 and he loves both of them, I think.  he certainly hasn't complained about the neck being too thick or slow (and he's a pretty advanced shredder), on the Schecter, but then he did choose it himself, so I guess he would like it.

I personally don't think anyone should be too bothered about the value of their guitar.  To me, the value is whatever you're prepared to pay to get the guitar you want.  If by "intrinsic value" you mean the value of the materials, then yeah, I guess it can never bee that high, but that's not a very good way to judge a guitar.  If you gave me the materials they use to make a top-end PRS, I could make you a guitar out of that that was virtually worthless, trust me!  It's like saying a Faberge egg is only worth the scrap value of the gold in it.  It takes not account of the skill and artistry that went into making it.

But to go back to the original point, irrespective of whether there is any hatred directed at Schecter, it's pretty stupid to dislike any brand.  Different guitars suit different players and will bring out the best in those players, so never judge a guitarist by the guitar they play.  Imagine going back to the 80s and a young guy comes into the room to audition for you.  He's toting a monstrosity of a hacked-about guitar with a red strat body, but with black and white stripes at all angles on it, a single humbucker mounted at a weird angle, and the scratchplate has been roughly hacked off so all that remains is the bit the controls are on.  Oh, and the neck is some replacement neck from God knows where.  You'd laugh - until he started playing, cos that lad is Eddie Van Halen.
You covered most of it yourself

They're marketed at metal players who tend to prefer thinner necks, so a lot of players don't like that. You probably wouldn't like the baseball bat on my Telecaster.

I don't find the aesthetic unpleasant but I can see why others would. Too much abalone can look pretty tacky and in general they seem to be designed as BC Riches for a world that realised BC Riches were a tad tasteless.

And their connection to Avenged Sevenfold doesn't help but even on their own merit they seem to be marketed to and associated with kids just getting into metal.

None of these things are inherently bad as far as I'm concerned but it's easy to see why people would take issue with it

For my own part, I want this:

But I'm not really interested in Hellraisers and Blackjacks and Demonfuckers. But they're decent enough metal guitars for the money. I think it's sensible of them to keep their brand (as far as I'm aware) out of the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel price range.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I don't think Schecters really get that much hate, proportional to a lot of other brands like BC Rich, Dean and Gibson. A few years ago there was an annoying outbreak of Schecter fanboyism on UG where Schecters would get recommended to everyone regardless of their style, taste and needs, and there was a little bit of mocking that started as a backlash against that, but other than that I can't say I've ever seen any Schecter hate - and that wasn't really Schecter hate so much as people getting sick of seeing Schecters recommended inappropriately and stupid excuses for such an inappropriate recommendation.

That said, the way that I look at it is - people who bitch and moan about a certain guitar brand or people who play them just because they don't like that brand, are imbeciles whose opinions on the matter don't deserve the amount of respect necessary to make anyone really care what they think or say about it.. Don't let it get to you - when you really think about it, you soon realise that what other people think of your choice of guitar is of no consequence to you whatsoever.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by ImNeverSalty
It amazes me how often I read about Schecter being one of the worst electric guitar manufacturers out there.  

I think this is fake news; a made-up premise that you want to attack.
For the most part, Schecter is pretty well regarded. You have to change your reading sources. You been watching Fox News?
^Also yeah I managed to miss this out of my post but I don't actually see much Schecter hate at all. However different forums have their pet favourites and pet hates so I can well imagine that some specific forum may be flooded with Schecter haters.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I don't know about hate. I know some people don't like the necks, but that's preference for you.  Schecter has great guitars in the way that you could beat someone and then go back to playing.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Yeah this is a silly thread. Schecter is fine. The US and Jap stuff is really nice. The lower end stuff is appropriately quality for the range, and before recently I'd say better than most other brands (implying other brands have upped their game, not that Schecter has wavered).

Really the Hellraiser is the only name I cringe at, and even then, the ones I have played were nice. I am curious as to why their maple necks are so damn yellow. Some of those things are banana peel yellow.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
You get what you pay for (not that it's actually worth that amount but anyway....). With some brands there is a big jump between their entry level stuff and then their more professional gear.

If you buy a low-end B.C Rich eventually it's limitations become apparent. However if you got a signature B.C Rich you will have a solid guitar. Same with Dean. Same with quite a few of them. Other brands seem to have less of a gap like this but then their high end stuff can vary a lot in price for guitars that are very similar. One costs $1000, the next $2000 and the differences minor.

I usually look at it this way in general - if they have a cheap range of guitars, then their more expensive stuff is usually a lot different. If their least expensive ranges aren't so cheap, then usually their range of expensive guitars varies greatly in price.

I would be more inclined to pay more for a brand that offers cheaper ranges if their top line is better. Get the top line. They aren't as expensive as other top of line guitars, but are better than top end brands that have a cheaper range. - B.C Rich, Dean, Schecter for example.
I would be inclined not to pay top dollar for high end guitars if their cheaper line is bit more pricey than those at that level. You could get a very good guitar at a low price - Gibson, ESP/LTD, Fender.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
Quote by ImNeverSalty

Also, I don't get where the "teen angst" comes from.

Threads like this, mostly. Preoccupation with image, rants against "haters," confusion about the difference between facts and opinions, insistence on being the standard for "real" representatives of the brand, trying to claim that "dispelling misinformation" includes complaining about other people having opinions, that sort of thing. It looks silly and it's hard to take seriously. 
Quote by Roc8995
Threads like this, mostly. Preoccupation with image, rants against "haters," confusion about the difference between facts and opinions, insistence on being the standard for "real" representatives of the brand, trying to claim that "dispelling misinformation" includes complaining about other people having opinions, that sort of thing. It looks silly and it's hard to take seriously. 

Basically.

FWIW When I was in school most people had Schecters or Squiers.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R Basically.   FWIW When I was in school most people had Schecters or Squiers.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's cool with the kids these days but I remember being 16 and making some threads like this on the old Washburn forums. Schecter was right up there at the time, and I feel like they're still fairly popular, especially as ERGs become more mainstream. They've got a solid lineup of low priced 7s. 
Quote by Blompcube
I don't think Schecters really get that much hate, proportional to a lot of other brands like BC Rich, Dean and Gibson. A few years ago there was an annoying outbreak of Schecter fanboyism on UG where Schecters would get recommended to everyone regardless of their style, taste and needs, and there was a little bit of mocking that started as a backlash against that, but other than that I can't say I've ever seen any Schecter hate - and that wasn't really Schecter hate so much as people getting sick of seeing Schecters recommended inappropriately and stupid excuses for such an inappropriate recommendation.

yeah pretty much.

also back when i tried a few, probably around 10 years ago, i thought they were pretty expensive for what they were- in the UK at least you could get washburns with similar specs, and which i liked more, for about half the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can't see much hate here either. i can count myself amoung those who don't care for the necks. if i don't like the neck i won't go any further with a guitar regardless of quality.  i do see way more than a bit of "fanboyism" which in many cases can be just as bad as the "haters". 
I dont hate Schecter but I have owned a Hellraiser C-1 FR and I sold it. My biggest problem was it was incredibly heavy. After 30 minutes my shoulder would start getting sore. I also wasnt crazy about about the roundness of the neck. I also for some reason had a bad habit of rolling the high E string off the fretboard which has never been an issue with any of the other guitars I've owned.
I own mostly Les Pauls but, I purchased a 2010 Diamond Series Tempest made by Schecter.  The price was right, and after playing it for about a year,  I love it.  The machine plays effortlessly and the pickups are hot.  I must admit that I prefer the looks of this particular guitar better than the ones they are making now.  I would consider buying another one.  Often, it is my "go to" axe.
I haven't played a recent model, but I had a friend who was a Schecter whore. all of his Schecters felt plasticy to me. i just couldn't get into them.

he liked them his opinion is equally important or unimportant than mine.

these days for me its Gibson's fenders and ibanez'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup I won't argue with you about Fender or Ibanez. You'll never get me to spend money on a Gibson though. Maybe if this was the 50s or 60s I would consider buying one. 
When the marketing department of ANY guitar maker goes out of its way to create an image of their instruments as being designed for one particular musical genre, there is always a risk that entry-level musicians will take the marketing hype way too seriously. If ANY guitar brand has linked its reputation and image to any genre that is fading from popularity, people who don't like the fading genre will also reject any gear that is too closely identified with the the fading genre. 
Quote by ImNeverSalty
trashedlostfdup I won't argue with you about Fender or Ibanez. You'll never get me to spend money on a Gibson though. Maybe if this was the 50s or 60s I would consider buying one. 

my gibsons do me well. I picked through the bad ones and I got my gems.

but yeah USA fender does some great stuff and ibanez prestiges are hard to beat for the money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They made some really ugly guitars for a long time.
Just so ugly.
They are putting out some of their best guitars in recent times right now though.
But some of their line up. Good god. Kill it with fire.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
trashedlostfdup I haven't liked the price on any Gibson I've tried and actually thought was decent. (LP Classic DC) Way too expensive for me, can't afford to drop more than two and a half grand on a guitar and at that point I feel like I'm paying for the name instead of the guitar. The less expensive ones didn't suit me at all and felt way too basic, sort of like that plastic feeling you described. I'm pretty sure the frets were made out of plastic as well, which is a complete turn-off for me.

I would like to try out an Ibanez Prestige S series if I could find one at a local guitar shop. Might end up getting an RG652AHM though since I like how those feel. Easier on the wallet too.

I have a friend who owns a couple of deluxe Fender Strats. I've played them many times and don't have any complaints at all. Gorgeous guitar and feels great. I just don't see myself using one for the type of music I want to create. Maybe at some point in the future. 
Last edited by ImNeverSalty at May 26, 2017,
Quote by ImNeverSalty
I'm pretty sure the frets were made out of plastic as well, which is a complete turn-off for me. 

I think you must've been playing one of these:

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I've seen my share of Schecter love and hate here on UG.  IRL I've found more hate:
- A couple of the salesmen at one of the Guitar Centers in Austin were talking trash about them amongst themselves (in front of customers).  That's the only negative thing I've heard any guitar sales people say about any gear, ever.
- One of the first luthiers from Schecter told me about the original company's antics and explained the practices that put them out of business.  He had no love for the new management--they celebrated a company anniversary a few years ago and totally turned their backs on the employees from the original company.

Personally, I have 2 Schecters that I've gotten great deals on at pawn shops and I love them despite their issues.  
-I wore out the LFR on one of them, and its Duncan Designed pups weren't great, but it's awesome now with an OFR, a real Duncan in the bridge and a Sustainiac in the neck.  I put more $ into it than I would have if I waited for a few years for them to come out with the S models with the built-in Sustainiac and proper pups/OFR, but I got great use of out it in those years, too.
-The other one needed a thorough cleaning, but the real Duncan Blackouts sound great and the tonepros bridge/locking Schecter tuners/Tusq nut are all awesome.
- FWIW, Schecters have always beat out similar LTD options for me.
- I think it's a little ridiculous that a basic order out of their MIA Custom Shop costs about 2x more than a similar order would from the Fender Custom Shop.
- I don't like that Schecter doesn't sell replacement parts (e.g., bolt-on necks, tuners) which is ironic considering the brand started out selling parts to Fender before they started making whole guitars.

I gotta admit I wanna puke when I see a Schecter with too much abalone, but then again I don't even like the abalone dots on the older Fender AM Deluxe Strats either.  Also thought it was cool that Schecter invited everyone on their email list to their NAMM parties in '15 and '17, although it's not cool that I was only in town there for '16

TL;DR:  The hate exists.  Some of it is justified.  I have mixed feelings about them myself.  No regrets with my 2 Schecters, especially since I bought them second hand and the company didn't get any of my cash.
Quote by Blompcube

Yeah, "plastic frets" literally isn't even a thing...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i've ripped on scheckter for the abalone and plasticky feel to the finishes. i've also ripped on PRS, LTD, Agile and others for the same thing though.

but hey some people like that. i'm glad we don't all like the same things.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
You covered most of it yourself

I'm not really interested in Hellraisers and Blackjacks and Demonfuckers. But they're decent enough metal guitars for the money.

wut?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I love my Omen 6. It was given to me. Rock solid, stays in tune great, and I've got the action set almost perfectly. It's my downtune machine!
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by gregs1020
wut?
That one might have been speculation.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by Blompcube

The only Gibson I own.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I don't like them.  Chalk me up.  I've never really been able to say why though to be honest.  I know know that I've picked up and played everything from their entry level, all the way up to, but not including a "Custom Shop" model. And I've never been impressed.  I don't like how they feel, play or sound.
Quote by ImNeverSalty
SpeedSterHR I just checked my e-mail and I never got invited to NAMM...

wtf

what guitar models do you have? 

The older one is an Avenger Standard with a flat top and the newer one is a Solo II Blackjack ATX string-through.

You can sign up for their newsletter here: http://schecterguitars.us1.list-manage2.com/subscribe/post?u=6a7da29eb131d56d70c0a3bf4&id=060eebafbe  I don't know if they invite everyone or if they discriminate based on your answers when you sign up, how long you've been signed up, or your engagement level (links clicked from newsletters, etc).  And I don't know if they'll keep the party open, but I don't live near there anymore so it doesn't effect me now.  It was just an invite to their concert and party--it wouldn't get you on the show floor.  Last year Zakk Wylde headlined it the party and some endorsee I'd never heard of played too, so I guess that was part of the deal with Schecter being the distributor for Wylde Audio guitars.

Another couple of marks against them in my book:
- When I called to get info from them back in '09 or '10 about how they configured the Sustainiacs in endorsees' guitars, they spent more eneryg giving me the run-around on the phone than it would have taken just to answer the question.  They could have just said that they didn't want to share the info, but maybe they were that disorganized or maybe it just reveals their attitude toward their customers.
- They were scheduled to have an event at the Sam Ash on Guitar Row a couple of years ago, but they no-showed without notice.  They were going to do free setups including new strings if you brought a Schecter with you.  It was funny because none of the staff even knew about the event even though there were signs about it in the store, and I was the only one who showed up for the event.  The Sam Ash staff was cool about it and gave me some free stuff since they knew I'd driven across town for nothing.
Page 1 of 5