I grabbed a b-stock G5 for $179. They're offering me a brand new one for $200. I've bought a lot of gear lately and I'm trying to cut corners. What would you do?
B stock are always worth buying for the money you save.  If they're up for bartering, knock them down a bit but you're getting an essentially brand new  for $21 discount already.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by diabolical
As for deeper discount on the bstock, there's barely any difference in price

Like I said, I'm trying to cut corners. $20 here and there adds up. I'm thinking it would be worth the risk in this case, considering it's a relatively inexpensive amp. But I'm looking for opinions that might convince me otherwise. It sounds like you think it would be worth it.
Quote by GaryBillington
B stock are always worth buying for the money you save.  If they're up for bartering, knock them down a bit but you're getting an essentially brand new  for $21 discount already.

That's what I'm thinking. I actually already talked them down $5. The G5 is typically $250 new (but that also makes their $200 new offer sound good).
If the B-stock is still under full warranty (not all are depending where purchased) I would consider it.  But for $20 more I would just go for the minty one myself.  If the B isn't under full warranty don't bother for only $20 less.     
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at May 25, 2017,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
If the B-stock is still under full warranty (not all are depending where purchased) I would consider it.  But for $20 more I would just go for the minty one myself.  If the B isn't under full warranty don't bother for only $20 less.     

B-stock has a 30-day warranty. New has 1-year warranty. Not a huge advantage, but $20 isn't huge either... hmm.
I'd be a bit iffy about B-stock. As with everything, it depends on the specific example you're sent, and it may well be ok, but I've been sent enough iffy stuff by online stores (not even talking just about guitar stuff here) which I'd have called "B-stock" and which was sold as "new", that I'd be a bit wary of anything that they'd actually gone to the bother of describing as "b-stock"!

As Way Cool JR. rightly says, considering the warranty is so much less, $20 isn't that much of a saving.

That being said, I'd usually say extended warranties are a con, and you could consider that you're paying more for an extended warranty. However, if you don't take out the extended warranty you're still getting a brand new item, not a b-stock one.

being cynical, maybe there's a reason why the warranty is so much less on the b-stock stuff, maybe they know something you don't. some stores' b-stock stuff still has full warranty, fwiw.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?