Hi there,

One month ago I purchased a bass from guitar center, a Mitchell MB200 (I know that it probably isn't the best quality bass to begin with).  For the past month I've had it with me in my dorm, 3 days ago I moved back home for summer  which is in the desert of Southern California.  It has been fairly hot between 90-100+ degrees for the past days and when I woke up this morning I immediately discovered that my new bass had been "warped".  When I went to play it I noticed that starting from about the 8th fret downward the strings were strangely high off of the fretboard.  I then examined my bass and it appears that it is warped on the lower half of the fretboard, and the strings are now high above the frets.   

I have two main questions: 
1) Is it really possible that in the 3 days from when I moved back home and my bass was sitting on a stand in my room, that the heat caused it to warped like this?
2) What are my options now?  I did get a full 2 year warranty although I am not sure as to what that covers at guitar center, and I do not have any money for expensive repairs.

Here is a link picture of the fretboard and strings so that you can see (and hopefully confirm) that it is warped.
http://imgur.com/AQUwv3T
That's not warping. Warping is twisting of the neck, which is a problem. You check that by looking down the neck from the body to make sure the neck is level that way.What you've got is a change in neck relief due to the change in environment. A simple setup, by yourself or a professional, should be fine.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at May 25, 2017,
Mitchell basses have come a long way recently.  As others have said, neck warping is quite rare unless you sand the finish off down to the bare wood.  But they do tend to bow; often because of temperature extremes.  That's why they put the truss rod in there.  It is an easy fix.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thank you all very much, I guess I am still a noob with instruments haha.  So when I take it into somewhere like guitar center I just tell them I need a "set-up"? 
Yeah, that dry air will cause the unfinished wood of the fretboard to contract a bit and bow forward. Funny, it's the opposite for me. In Spring, the air gets a little muggier and my basses bow back some. Dries up in fall and basses bow forward. Late April and October are my setup periods.

Learn to do setups, and take notes. A couple of tips...re-tune between each step, and check measurements from the playing position.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Yes, I would take it to a Guitar Center, especially if you've never seen it done before. Ask the tech to let you watch what he's doing so that you get an idea of how it is done. 
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro