View poll results: How salty are you?
I put salt on everything.
7 21%
I tend to avoid excess salt.
14 41%
I don't care about my salt intake.
13 38%
Voters: 34.
Title says it all. Do you avoid eating too much sodium chloride? Vice-versa? Or do you just not care about maintaining a healthy electrolyte balance? 
The only foods I don't salt are Italian and Mexican food. Asian food I use soy sauce, which I think is even saltier than regular table salt. 
I cook with plenty of salt. Garlic salt in lots of stuff I make. It's hard to make something tasty or even savory without salt. I'd say I'm pretty salty
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Not sure how to vote because I don't care about my salt intake, but I also never put salt on any of my food (except eggs), but I don't avoid it intentionally.

I just never find myself thinking "This needs more salt" while eating.

My dad probably has the single worst salt intake ever. I swear he adds a ridiculous amount of salt to his beer and it's kind of gross.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 26, 2017,
When I eat hardboiled eggs I salt them sooooo much. It's a little much.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
this has been one of the saltiest weeks of my life tbph

just gotta come back stronger next week ya know?

Quote by ImNeverSalty
Joshua Garcia yea I've seen people add shitloads of beer salt to their drinks. Especially to Dos Equis. 
Perhaps not so coincidentally, that's exactly what he drinks.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by MinterMan22
this has been one of the saltiest weeks of my life tbph

just gotta come back stronger next week ya know?

yes I know what you mean, there are times when I feel like my salt levels are rising. I'll usually eat a multivitamin with plenty of potassium, magnesium, and calcium to help balance the levels out so that I don't reach the point of saltiness. This might help you out too. 
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Perhaps not so coincidentally, that's exactly what he drinks.

lmao wow it really is no coincidence. large amounts of salt must be really good with that beer. I might try it one day. 
Quote by ImNeverSalty
Joshua Garcia yea I've seen people add shitloads of beer salt to their drinks. Especially to Dos Equis. 

That's because Mexican beer sucks. Almost all the Mexican beers are drank with salt to help....to cover the flavor, I think. 
I season stuff with salt when cooking, put salt on chips, tomatoes to bring out the flavour, roast potatoes and plain salted crisps are probably my favourite, i don't like salted peanuts much though or pretzels 
I like salty food, but I don't put additional salt on many things.
Death to Ovation haters!
I mean if youre asking if I salt my food after its prepared then very rarely. When I cook im pretty generous with seasoning though.

Although I do like tossing a bit of extra salt and vinegar on fries.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I use salt when cooking, enough to bring enhance the flavor of the food, I don't salt food when it is on my plate unless it is particulary bland. I use black pepper more than any other seasoning at the table fresh cracked from a peppercorn grinder.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I put salt on potato-based foodstuffs if they haven't already been salted

Otherwise I don't salt anything. Most stuff has already been salted at some point so there's no need. 
I have nothing important to say
I have to have me some potassium, magnesium, and sodium on the reg because of dietary reasons.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
salt in beer

why?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
why?

Quote by TobusRex
That's because Mexican beer sucks. Almost all the Mexican beers are drank with salt to help....to cover the flavor, I think. 

Quote by ImNeverSalty

YW bb
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Am I the only guy who read the thread title and thought this was about how "blunt" you are with people? Ie. how un-sugar-coated your communications with other human beings are?

But to answer the actual question, I like a lot of salt, but I have to be careful because it DOES dehydrate you, and I get kidney stones, and after 2 surgeries and knowing what it's like to be pissing the contents of a beach after a bloodbath war out of my dick, I don't ever want to go through that again, so I'm trying to reduce my intake and keep it at a healthy level.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Eat right, die anyway.

As a contrast, my dad said growing up in a rual town with grandma cooking, "Salt was a spice."
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by Gatecrasher53
why?

makes you thirstier

so you go back for more beer

duh
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Anything encouraging beer consumption is gold.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
On a scale from Jewish food to the Dead Sea, I'm a saltine.

But for real I put as much salt as I need in food, I don't really care about my intake because I know I'm not excessive anyway.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at May 26, 2017,
Quote by TobusRex

Yeah the shitty clear or green bottles allow the creation of sulfuric compounds and salt kills it. Only respectable mexican beers are in dark bottles, such as negra modelo

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Damnn i hope i don't get banned. but here goes publicity.
Just check out some bad ass oldschool rock n roll made fresh

Quote by ImNeverSalty
snipelfritz watch out for that high blood pressure. staying salty will make it appear out of nowhere after a long period of time. 

They spread me on roads during the winter.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My sodium intake is higher than recommended but my blood pressure is pathologically low. I don't think I could possibly want to eat more salty stuff than I do now so I'm trying to drink Gatorade instead of water whenever I remember.
cat
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Yeah the shitty clear or green bottles allow the creation of sulfuric compounds and salt kills it. Only respectable mexican beers are in dark bottles, such as negra modelo

Negra modelo is the only mexican beer I really like and that's probably why. All the other ones have a bad aftertaste. Corona is barely tolerable with a lime.

I don't really care about salt unless something is too salty. I never add it to anything, except maybe a little bit when I'm cooking. Usually when I'm cooking I use tony chachere's which is a little salty anyway so I don't add more.
Is that legal fam
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster