Hi everyone,

so my co-guitarist just recently got hist new 7-string with a floyd-rose style tremolo. I assume the factory strings are gauge 9 and the tuning is b-standard. What we noticed after tuning it properly is that the tremolo unit is not parallel to the surface of the guitar body (the string tension seems too high). Both of my main guitars have a thumb-screw at the back of the guitar body which I can use to set up the spring-tension for the tremolo unit. So our question here is: How do we set up the tension in said Dean guitar? Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
*bump* anybody? :/
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
From your description, the tremolo systems on your guitars are Edge models.

If the one on the Dean is a conventional Floyd then it will look something like this:

The two screws on the left are how you adjust the angle of the bridge. DO NOT go nuts and screw it in or out by loads because you risk damaging the guitar. One or two full rotations in either direction should be plenty.

To be honest though if its a new guitar it should have been set up already. I would personally take it back and ask them to set it up properly.
Random3 Thanks a lot! It all worked
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee