It’s no secret that Google already monitors its users’ online shopping activity, but now it will follow them out of their homes and keep a close eye on every interaction they make. The tech giant announced a new system to track users’ in-store credit card purchases Tuesday in a statement published on the company’s official blog.

Google rolled out the new tool at Google Marketing Next, an annual event geared toward advertisers where the company unveils its newest innovations in marketing. “Store sales management” works by pulling data from Google’s third-party partnerships, which capture approximately 70% of credit card transactions in the United States.

http://theantimedia.org/google-tracking-offline-behavior/
You do know that credit card purchases work via the internet, right?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You do know that credit card purchases work via the internet, right?

And you're telling me this because......
It means that buying stuff using a credit card is not offline activity.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It means that buying stuff using a credit card is not offline activity.

I'm unclear why you bothered to mention this, what the article is referring to is that it is no longer (and likely hasn't been for sometime) just a verification process.
Google will now track and consolidate the data into their existing profile of you and market that to others.

With digital money rapidly becoming the only purchase method, there is a can of worms to be considered here.
Imagine a World of zero purchase privacy, and micro charges.

For example; Imagine just entering a retail store (should they even exist) would accrue a micro charge justified by the idea you are adding wear and tear on their infrastructure and possibly not buying anything.
Just think of all the places micro-charges would pop up in an all digital financial system.
Quote by 33db
I'm unclear why you bothered to mention this, what the article is referring to is that it is no longer (and likely hasn't been for sometime) just a verification process.
Google will now track and consolidate the data into their existing profile of you and market that to others.

With digital money rapidly becoming the only purchase method, there is a can of worms to be considered here.
Imagine a World of zero purchase privacy, and micro charges.

For example; Imagine just entering a retail store (should they even exist) would accrue a micro charge justified by the idea you are adding wear and tear on their infrastructure and possibly not buying anything.
Just think of all the places micro-charges would pop up in an all digital financial system.

That's already factored into the price of literally everything you buy, online or in person these days.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's already factored into the price of literally everything you buy, online or in person these days.

This is probably true to some degree.
Quote by 33db

ftfy
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by 33db

Slapsy has probably rekt you to some degree.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
damn i need to play gta
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
damn i need to play gta

Right? It got a lot better since I played it.

Bitch better have my money....
Quote by 33db
I don't feel rekt.

The nervous system is often destroyed during a 4th degree burn.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The nervous system is often destroyed during a 4th degree burn.

Your tea is weak.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
And this effects me how?  I use cash and carry a concealed weapon, unlike most of todays scared silly libtard PC retards 
Quote by nastytroll
And this effects me how?  I use cash and carry a concealed weapon, unlike most of todays scared silly libtard PC retards 

Then you're exempt Mr Wick.
Quote by 33db
Then you're exempt Mr Wick.

Exemption is only a formality,  Formality's are for those who follow the rules of those who made them, 
I don't use credit cards, only a bank debit card and that's only for online purchases.  I prefer cash as much as possible it's far safer and easier IMO.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I don't use credit cards, only a bank debit card and that's only for online purchases.  I prefer cash as much as possible it's far safer and easier IMO.

You should use credit cards, just pay them off immediately, you have a greater level of protection and it isn't tied directly to your bank account.
Ask anyone that's ever been skimmed.
Cash=freedom
Privacy=freedom
Freedom=human
Without cash without privacy you are not human you are a slave to the machine that steals your secrets and empties your pockets. Without pockets without secrets when you are slaves the system will collapse. Your brains will no longer function so dependent on what it tells you to believe what you need suicide machine. Ultimate guitar just the same copy the mother brain play the game. Spyin on you and every thing that you do. What you need what you need its in your news feed what you need what you need is a...?
Last edited by geo-rage at May 26, 2017,
been using cash for most things. except guns, ammo, and equipment to build home-made explosives. 
Where do you even find these sites dude? Wtf they're so gosh dang obviously click bait for old folks who don't know any better who just want to read and side with or get paranoid about something. and im drunk so that says something.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at May 27, 2017,
This really isn't anything surprising or something to be alarmed by so long as they stick to regulations, but then again, you always have to suspect there is some agency other than Google, *cough* NSA *cough* GCHQ, that is capable of looking into identifying the purchaser. Advertising companies sell your data presumably so that you can't be identified though.

Of course there is a simple way around this. Buy bitcoins from an amazon gift card so it's anonymous, and use bitcoins to buy shit. Hell, if you want to go one step further use Tor.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I would reccomend MDMA. It wont stop Google monitoring your behaviour but it will cure your social anxiety.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
The future is now. Things have been going this way for awhile tbh. Best to just make yourself savvy and continue to safeguard yourself a bit. Same as always really.
My God, it's full of stars!
My offline behavior couldn't possibly be more interesting than my online behavior, which Google already knows, lol. In RL I'm possibly the most boring person alive. At least my online browsing habits shows interest in cool stuff, like guitars,news, movies, music, etc. What could they deduce from my offline behaviors? "Well...he buys gas and groceries alot. He pays a city utility bill and an internet bill. Very exciting". 

Yeah, they already got all the information on you that's needed for criminal profiling, believe me : D
Quote by Dreadnought
The future is now. Things have been going this way for awhile tbh. Best to just make yourself savvy and continue to safeguard yourself a bit. Same as always really.

Best to keep your real name to yourself, in all internet forums, newsgroups, myspace, Facebook, etc. I always use aliases on everything. I always give fake phone numbers. Facebook has already had multiple security incidents. Granted a determined hacker/government agency could easily discover one's identity phone number and such online, but why make it easier for them than you have to? 

The downside to that is lack of connectivity: it's harder for old friends (with whom you've lost touch) to find you. But there's a plus side to that too: you can avoid old friends that you don't want to deal with. As a person with borderline sociopathy, I find that feature quite handy. Believe me, it's easier than burying bodies in 6 feet of caliche. 
Quote by TobusRex
Best to keep your real name to yourself, in all internet forums
lmao naw it don't matter
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Literally everything you do is being track by some bot somewhere. Traffic cameras? Check. Security cams? Check. Bank info? Check. Credit reports? Well, that's the worst one.

Google is just breaking into the market.