Hi everyone,
I'm going to buy a new electric acoustic guitar very soon and there are not many choices in the country i live in.
I looked for Takamine guitars and i decided to buy Takamine GD30CE. It has solid spruce top with mahogany back & sides. (It's also suitable for my budget)
Then i looked for some Cort guitars and i saw Cort MR730FX. This guitar has solid spruce top and also has solid mahogany back. Almost the same price.
So my question is,
Should i buy the Cort (solid top & back) or should i buy the Takamine (solid top) just because it's "Takamine" ?
Takamine is a well known brand with quality guitars but isn't it more reasonable to buy the cort one. Also it has Fishman preamp, i think it is an another plus.

i need advice, which one should i buy ?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my English if i made any mistakes.
Cort makes more guitars than Takamine, I'd almost bet on it. They're (guess coming) more than likely the largest OEM guitar manufacturer in the world. I think Takamine's main shtick is high end acoustic electric dreads for the Nashville crowd. (Believe it or not, Garth Brooks campaigns with one).

Given two identical instruments, constructed from the same lumber, from the same tree, the one with a solid top and back, is likely to sound a bit better to most people, than the laminate B & S model.

With that said, there are so many other factors which affect the tone of a guitar, (even the weather), that the difference between a solid back and laminate back, is pretty much a non starter, especially when you're comparing two different designs.

You shouldn't buy a guitar based on the name on the head stock, unless you're heavily factoring in potential resale value. A used Martin would likely return a larger percentage of its initial cost than say, well a Takamine.

For those of us who buy guitars to play, not to flip, buy the one that "speaks to you". Buy the one that sounds better to your ears, the one which feels more comfortable in your hands, that's the "best buy'.

And FWIW, Cort is a quality brand.
Quote by Captaincranky
With that said, there are so many other factors which affect the tone of a guitar, (even the weather), that the difference between a solid back and laminate back, is pretty much a non starter, especially when you're comparing two different designs.

You shouldn't buy a guitar based on the name on the head stock, unless you're heavily factoring in potential resale value.

Those are possibly the wisest words I've read in the UG Forum this week. They deserve to be shouted:

You shouldn't buy a guitar based on the name on the head stock, unless you're heavily factoring in potential resale value. 
Last edited by gerdner at May 29, 2017,
If you can play them befor you buy them then I'd get the one that sounds and plays best.  If you are buying online then I'd probably go with the Cort because despite what others might say I do believe a solid back tends to give better tone.  Some may disagree with me but it's what usually sounds better to my ear.
Not taking any online orders.
Captaincranky Yeah i absolutely should buy the one that sounds better to me, but the main reason why i asked this question is i dont have the chance to try them. Anyways thank you for your comment it reassured me bc some people discredit cort most of the time
Not sure who discredits cort but they have a pretty solid from most of what I've heard and read about them. I've never owned either brand so I can't firmly recommend or discredit either. 
Quote by Tony Done
This might be of interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cort_Guitars

Some clips from that article, appropriate for ALL guitar manufacturing discussions:

The company is one of the largest guitar makers in the world, and produces instruments for many other companies

For all anyone knows, the Takamine in question might have come of a Cort production line. 

They have factories in Indonesia, Korea and China. 

As do many of the world's OEM guitar makers. That's why making a big deal over the country a guitar is made in is such a bullshit thing to worry about. The most important thing is the factory. And almost as important are the design specs and the specs for the outsourced bits and pieces. 
gerdner 

I was also wondering whether Tak subcontracted to Cort. The other very big one is Samick.

This discussion came close to home a couple of days ago. I was discussing my mate's new importer line (which I think is very good) with him,and it is apparently from the the same factory as the higher-end Chinese Yamahas. Side-by-side, you can see and hear the similarities, though you can't put too much weight on that, because the Chinese sub-contractors build to a spec, not a general design or quality standard.
Quote by gerdner
....[ ]......For all anyone knows, the Takamine in question might have come of a Cort production line. 

They have factories in Indonesia, Korea and China....[ ]....
Cort may, (or may not be), out of Korea. A few years back they ran into wage/labor issues in Korea, and bailed to Indonesia. Whether that's in whole, or only in part, I'm not sure.

Crafter is still in Korea (AFAIK), and their prices seems to be rising. At least that prices on the models I follow, due to the fact I own a couple of "SA" & "SAT" 12 string semi-acoustics. (They're Taylor T-5 knockoffs).

Quote by gerdner
As do many of the world's OEM guitar makers. That's why making a big deal over the country a guitar is made in is such a bullshit thing to worry about. The most important thing is the factory. And almost as important are the design specs and the specs for the outsourced bits and pieces. 
I'd argue the semantic point that the design and spec are of paramount importance. An OEM simply regurgitates what you give them to chew on. This manifests itself particularly in Ibanez and Dean, "exotic wood" models. I have an Ibanez "Exotic Wood" in ash, (a lefty model I really shouldn't have jumped on). It's construction and appointments are top notch, which make it the best looking cigar box guitar of all time.

Basically, the old saw about computer programming holds very true for OEM guitar manufacture, "garbage in, garbage out".

Quote by Tony Done
I was also wondering whether Tak subcontracted to Cort. The other very big one is Samick.
The "higher end Epiphones", like my EL-200-SCE, are allegedly made by Samick. Both makers are in Indonesia.

Quote by Tony Done
This discussion came close to home a couple of days ago. I was discussing my mate's new importer line (which I think is very good) with him,and it is apparently from the the same factory as the higher-end Chinese Yamahas. Side-by-side, you can see and hear the similarities, though you can't put too much weight on that, because the Chinese sub-contractors build to a spec, not a general design or quality standard.
It's pretty much a given, (at least in my mind), that pride in craftsmanship doesn't always go hand in hand with compensation received. Accordingly, Asian workers are racking up the most experience in instrument production of any peoples in the world. What you do well, you do often, and vice-verso.
Quote by Captaincranky
I'd argue the semantic point that the design and spec are of paramount importance. An OEM simply regurgitates what you give them to chew on. This manifests itself particularly in Ibanez and Dean, "exotic wood" models. I have an Ibanez "Exotic Wood" in ash, (a lefty model I really shouldn't have jumped on). It's construction and appointments are top notch, which make it the best looking cigar box guitar of all time.

Since this is about acoustic guitars, and the bracing patterns, etc., make a big difference in sound, I'd have to agree. For electric guitars, I wouldn't. A slab of wood is a slab of wood. It's fun to pretend that the kind of wood(s), body shape, etc., make a big difference. That provides a lot of grist for guitar forum "discussion", even if the truth is it's not all that important. 
Quote by hotrodney71
Not sure who discredits cort but they have a pretty solid reputation from most of what I've heard and read about them. I've never owned either brand so I can't firmly recommend or discredit either.