Hey all,

So, as par for the course, GAS can only be contained for so long. I'm planning to finally act on some of my gear plans for this year soon (2016 was a big splurge year, so I had to take a break from buying things for awhile ). One of those plans was to finally end the drought of single-coil loaded guitars in my collection, and pick up (another) strat!

A used MIM Fender is the easiest choice to hunt down, of course. But I'm curious about some of the other options out there that can be had in the $250-400/500 range? (The endless array of copy options, and certain Squiers that can take some effort to find). 

I actually used to own 2 different strats at one point - One was a cheaper Squier that a previous owner started (but didn't finish) a scalloping job on the fretboard, and the other was an H/S/H MIJ Squier from the early 90's. Ended up selling both, since the scalloped one was basically a project I didn't want to sink time/money into, and the MIJ one had a cheap feeling neck/fretboard (despite the great reputation of Japanese-built guitars) - maybe I got a dud?

So, maybe I just haven't found the cheap gems yet? Hoping to end up w/an S/S/S config, a synchronized trem, and maple fretboard/alder body.

Thanks in advance!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Last edited by FlightofIcarus at May 27, 2017,
FlightofIcarus IMO i would recommend saving and buying a good used fender american standard.  
IMO its worth the extra cost.
make sure you play it before you buy it.
they are not all equal.
Besides Fender or G&L?

The Godin Session is HSS. Their Proression-discontinued- is SSS. Both worth checking out.
Dean Zelinsky Private Label's Tagliare starts in the under $500 range.
Used Carvin Bolts can be found in that price range.
Fret-King makes several Strat clones, mostly HSS or P90/SS.
The Fernandes Retrorocket has a few different configurations. The DG is loaded with David Gilmour EMGs. (Don't get an X- they're entry level cheapies.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!