So I bought a Bugera tririec infinium. Before I bought it, I asked around different forums, and mostly everyone advised me not to buy one. Not because they had personal experience, just from the stories they heard. I know the old Bugera's had reliably issues but from the research i've done, the new infinium models have pretty much fixed whatever issues they previously had....

But anyways...I bought it, I really like it, it has tons of features, and it was $420 with free shipping and no taxes. It has a 3 year warranty. So far everything about it works great, it seems solidly built . Only time will tell it's true reliability.  I'm mostly a bedroom player and it's features really made me want it. The cleans are awesome, and you can get classic distortion up to high gain madness. 

Here's a little shitty high gain demo I made using my Iphone 4s camera. Nothing special, no crazy playing only effect I used was it's built in reverb,and the varipower was set on 1 watt. So far I really like this amp there's tons of tone options, and I really want to experiment with tube swaps in the future.

;feature=youtu.be
Last edited by jedigovnaUG at May 27, 2017,
It definitely seems like the major bugera problems were with their early production products - I hear far less about their reliability problems these days.

But I've always thought they had good tone for their price.

HNGD
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
It definitely seems like the major bugera problems were with their early production products - I hear far less about their reliability problems these days.

But I've always thought they had good tone for their price.

HNGD

Thanks . If it breaks, i'm done with them LOL. 
enjoy. yeah Bugera has been doing better but still suffers from being made cheap now and again. for home use i think you'll be fine. world tour maybe not. the Bugera's i've tried have all sounded reasonably good . 
Very cool. Bugera is on my list right after the Laney L5 studio.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Old issues die hard in forums.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
jedigovnaUG enjoy it!!!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
sweet

awesome playing too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had really poor reliability problems when I got my 6262. I quickly sold it for what I paid for. Never heard a peep back from the seller.

I do still think they suffer from being constructed with cheap components overall. Which has a negative impact on reliability.

At least they sound good when they do work.

Not also really a fan of the power attenuation modes on amps though. It greatly restricts the amount of low end the amp has, and it perpetuates the misconception that an amp quiet can be made to sound like it can be when it's loud just by making it lower power. That's just not how the physics work. The way the speakers react at high volumes has just as big a function on how an amp sounds when cranked than the amp itself does. If not more so. There's no way to reproduce how the speakers sound when they're loud without playing louder, or buying different speakers with a more consistent response at all volumes.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE

It seems pretty solidly built . If it breaks I'll somehow find a way to get all my money back lol . I won't stand for stuff like that , ill give bugera a hard time .

You're right the attenuator ain't all that great . Using the master control on its own is more useful .

When did you get your 6262?
Holy fuck. I just replaced two of the stock 6l6s with some jj e34ls. Wow ! It tightened the bass up and made the sound thicker in a such a pleasant way . This amp really woke up with these tubes . This amp sounds so much freaking better now ! Wow
Quote by jedigovnaUG
T00DEEPBLUE

It seems pretty solidly built . If it breaks I'll somehow find a way to get all my money back lol . I won't stand for stuff like that , ill give bugera a hard time .

You're right the attenuator ain't all that great . Using the master control on its own is more useful .

When did you get your 6262?

About 5 years ago when the infiniums came out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You don't have to bias the amp, even when you change tube types, do you? I've been thinking about one of those myself, but I should probably fix my cursed Carvin Legacy 3 first. You should make a youtube video of you playing it all miced up!
Also, what cab is that?
Congrats on your new amp

I have not seen a TriRec in the wild - you are one of the first I am aware of. Have fun.

Yes - nice playing

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I had really poor reliability problems when I got my 6262. I quickly sold it for what I paid for. Never heard a peep back from the seller.

I do still think they suffer from being constructed with cheap components overall. Which has a negative impact on reliability.

At least they sound good when they do work.

Not also really a fan of the power attenuation modes on amps though. It greatly restricts the amount of low end the amp has, and it perpetuates the misconception that an amp quiet can be made to sound like it can be when it's loud just by making it lower power. That's just not how the physics work. The way the speakers react at high volumes has just as big a function on how an amp sounds when cranked than the amp itself does. If not more so. There's no way to reproduce how the speakers sound when they're loud without playing louder, or buying different speakers with a more consistent response at all volumes.

Way to congratulate someone on their new amp
Quote by VanhalenVai
You don't have to bias the amp, even when you change tube types, do you? I've been thinking about one of those myself, but I should probably fix my cursed Carvin Legacy 3 first. You should make a youtube video of you playing it all miced up!
Also, what cab is that?

I wish I had a nice mic to record clips with. I only have a vocal Behringer mic , i'm not sure I can record guitar with it.

The amp is self biasing, you can literally put any tube that the amp is compatible with and it'll run them at their optimum level. I mixed the stock 6l6's with JJ e34l's, they tightened up the bass and added some warmth and thickness to the tone. But I used the stock tubes in the clip above.

The cab is a Carvin V212, with the stock British series speakers
jedigovnaUG Nice setup, I love that tone!
I might have to buy one of those 2x12s, it sounded wonderful and british
If you are ever looking for a good mic, check out the Samson CS series, it's one mic with 2 capsules; instrument and vocal. They are like $40. Glenn Fricker did a good review on them and I love mine.
Again great sound, I would love to hear more!
VanhalenVai

Cool thanks for the mic recommendation . I'll look into it .

I'm not sure if Carvin cabs still come with British series speakers but you can probably find one used . I bought two of these cabs for $140 locally !
Quote by jedigovnaUG
The amp is self biasing, you can literally put any tube that the amp is compatible with and it'll run them at their optimum level. I mixed the stock 6l6's with JJ e34l's, they tightened up the bass and added some warmth and thickness to the tone. But I used the stock tubes in the clip above.

so you can run 2x EL34s and 2x 6L6's? at the same time?

my mind = blown.

congrats on the new amp! may it serve you well. we used to play the 333 amps in the store back in the day, i always thought they sounded good.

just listened to the clip, sounds great!
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 30, 2017,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Way to congratulate someone on their new amp

Discussion of the reliability of Bugeras was implicit in the OP.

Of course it's nice to congratulate TS for getting a new amp, but not allowing for constructive discussion doesn't make for a thread of much value. I'm allowed to voice my honest opinion and TS seems cool enough to not mind that I can. Good on him.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE I heard that the old Bugeras had a lot of issues. I don't hear any disaster stories about the Infinium Bugeras, and I think that the general consensus is that they aren't un-reliable like they used to be.
I had three 333XL amps before I said "fuck it" and got a Mesa. That was 6 years ago. Still have the Mesa. Bugera is nothing more than good sounding trash with a tempting price tag. 

And the problem with arguing "They aren't unreliable like they used to be" is that the used market is saturated with Bugera bombs.
Last edited by SmithDerp1 at Jun 2, 2017,
SmithDerp1 I might get a Mesa in the future as well, but at the moment this made more sense to me, I know you can find used Mesa combos from $ 600-800 but my budget was limited. so for now i'm happy with what I have.

I'm sure there are a couple of the old Bugeras around with problems, but most people already know to stay away from those. All it takes is a quick google search to know you probably shouldn't buy them. 
Lessee, that's $420 per watt.

"So far everything about it works great"

Shift to friend of mine, "I just bought a [famous brand name omitted] 100W on eBay for $350 that's been working perfectly since 1989."
<*Headscratch*>
Just to chime in, I'm still using a first generation 333XL - with the second set of Bugera power tubes in it (EL34 G-grade). It seems the newer amps are indeed better as I don't hear much about Bugera anymore both problems or praise. Most of the corksniffers are scared off by them being Chinese cheap products, and the budget conscious don't consider them anything to brag about because of that off-reputation they have on forums.

The main problems I had with my 333XL was the clip problem that affected the early batches (mines a Feb 08' model), output jacks wore out and broke (scavenged a set from my Behringer V-AMP Pro that died), R19's ceramic covering came off, but it still works, and the footswitches (those FS104B's with the hard-wired cable and mini DIN-5 connector were shit) - I finally got around the lack of availibility by modifying the amplifier to use a DB-9 old-school Serial port jack on the footswitch and the amp, and then use $0.50 Serial extension cables from Goodwill to use the amp.

Still sounds great, the Bias port must not be THAT bad considering I've had it tuned up to the proper voltage for those tubes for years with no degradation in sound quality (as long as I check the BIAS every so often). Gigged it all these years and after about 2010, I stopped having problems.....I debugged the Bugera I guess you could say.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Mad-Mike_J83 It ain't the corksniffers who are afraid of Bugera. It's anyone that values reliability. The most embarrassing moment I ever had onstage was when my 3rd/last 333XL died mid song at a gig. I gave Bugera 3 chances because I liked the tone so much and their product struck out. I'd buy a behringer mixingboard tho. ha   
SmithDerp1 Well, I spent $1K on this rig, and I'm not made of money, so like all other things in life that break or became unreliable - I learned a few things to repair/aleviate my own problems. Granted, I'm not like everyone and possess some electronics skills most guitarists don't have.

I have had problems with some of the corksniffer crowd with these amps because they are CHINESE/CHEAP before the reliability problems were highly publicized. As if a Marshall is going to be any more reliable. When I started having to "Debug" this amp - I started looking at more expensive solutions that had the same features - like the Marshal TSL JCM2000 for example, and I found out THAT amp had it's share of problems. There is no perfect amp.

And trust me, I had the 333XL go out at a gig before, not fun. It's probably the only time I've ever gone "Pete Townshend/Kurt Cobain" on stage before (which surprisingly went over extremely well). I've also thrown the amp across the room for breaking down at rehearsal once. But after about 2010, I worked out what the issues were and fixed them with my own home-brewn solutions that work better than original. Now I've gotten 10 years out of an amp most people call complete crap. I think any 333XL around now still for sale are probably the well built ones.

TBH, I kind of have wanted to put out there for years if you have any dead/unwanted 333XL non-infineums you want to throw in the dumpster, just throw them to me, I would love to build one or two more the same way and turn them into backups. Once I'm in a house, I'd love to buy a bunch of them and fix them up.

The infineum amps are definatley better - I've known some people using them and have seen some people using them including a few Youtubers, Colin of CSguitars being one of them - and I don't hear of any problems with those. Seems the majority of the problem Bugeras were made in the 2008-2010 period, and another batch I recall around 2012 that were the V55 or whatever those newer vintagey combos are when they came out.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Last edited by Mad-Mike_J83 at Jun 2, 2017,
Quote by dspellman
Lessee, that's $420 per watt.

"So far everything about it works great"

Shift to friend of mine, "I just bought a [famous brand name omitted] 100W on eBay for $350 that's been working perfectly since 1989."
<*Headscratch*>

Ah shush. All companies run into problems, i'm giving Bugera a chance, if it fails on me. Oh well. Lesson learned... No amp is perfect, neither is anything else 
i just got the trirec. not really able to test it because i have a tenovaginitis in my left arm but 30 days till i need to send it back if i don't like it should hopefully be enough.
First question: Does the varipower also allows me to use lower wattage speakers? i use the trirec with a wgs et90.
Second question: The low frequency "fart" on channel 2 with modern and vintage, someone else noticed it? it is really annoying, would be sad if i needed to send the amp back because of this.
Krollenkasper

My bugera was used and I found out it had issues with the trirec switch. It came with a 3 year warranty so I called them and they over night me a brand new one .

I haven't used the head with lower watt cabs . ive always been curious if it could work . You could call Bugera on the weekdays and ask . They'll let you know for sure if you can .

Ill check out later if I can hear that low fart sound you mentioned . I read some guys review that mentioned it too . It's only on channel 2? With every rectifier setting ?
Last edited by jedigovnaUG at Jun 17, 2017,
yes, only channel 2, tried it with valve and valve + diodes settings in vintage and modern. the problem is i can't play because of my tendons so i just use open strings and some palm muting, with palm muting i noticed it the most.

i don't know where to find a number beside the US one or even an email for bugera support.
finally i was able to play some minutes, for sure the trirec sounds brighter than a mesa boogie.
i can get good clean tones and for heavy stuff i really like the growling of this amp but for medium gain with dropped d (mostly Tool) it doesn't really sound that much better than my vypyr 30 which is way cheaper. 
when i listen to demos on soundcloud and yt i love the trirec but without a mix i am not really blown away, maybe i am expecting too much.

edit: with the MXR MC-401 as a clean boost i am satisfied.
Last edited by Krollenkasper at Jul 3, 2017,