I need to know how long I have to let nitro lacquer sanding sealer dry before I can sand it back flat? A few hours? Overnight? I'm really strapped for time because it rains a lot this time of year where I live. I'd really like to be able to get on with spraying more coats tomorrow. (There is a small window of clear weather for the next few days) I appreciate any input.
Quote by Palpaterpintine
I need to know how long I have to let nitro lacquer sanding sealer dry before I can sand it back flat? A few hours? Overnight? I'm really strapped for time because it rains a lot this time of year where I live. I'd really like to be able to get on with spraying more coats tomorrow. (There is a small window of clear weather for the next few days) I appreciate any input.

There's no need to sand back the sanding sealer; however, the final Nitro top/clearcoat needs 10-14 days before you can wetsand and buff.
Hmm, I read that it was a good idea to level the sanding sealer because it would make the overall finish smoother? I did get a very small run on the edge of the headstock, it shrunk a lot when it dried but its still a little bumpy in that spot, is it okay to carefully sand that out? This is my first time spraying a lacquer finish so I'm not very experienced in this. Thanks for the help. 
Ippon Also, is it okay to spray the color coat the day after the sanding sealer? From what Iv'e heard it should be fine as the coats should melt together but I want to be sure? 
Quote by Palpaterpintine
Hmm, I read that it was a good idea to level the sanding sealer because it would make the overall finish smoother? I did get a very small run on the edge of the headstock, it shrunk a lot when it dried but its still a little bumpy in that spot, is it okay to carefully sand that out? This is my first time spraying a lacquer finish so I'm not very experienced in this. Thanks for the help. 

I'm not sure although 2 days may be sufficient to level that sealer bump.  Let's wait for somebody with Nitro experience.

I've always used Acrylic Lacquer from sealer to clearcoat; however, I do know that a Nitro top/clearcoat worked well with the Acrylic Lacquer colorcoat.