Page 1 of 2
I got tired of re-patching my like 20 pedals through my Voodoo Labs Commander and just bought a Line 6 Helix.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Neat

I thought about buying some LEDs for my board but idk if it's worth going through the trouble
Quote by JustRooster
I got tired of re-patching my like 20 pedals through my Voodoo Labs Commander and just bought a Line 6 Helix.

noice the helix has been kind of tempting me too lately

Quote by MeTallIcA313
Neat

I thought about buying some LEDs for my board but idk if it's worth going through the trouble

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF78EDW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 not to steep and not much trouble. i went cheap just to see what its like and to see how bad the noise might be.
but I thought Jesus was yr only light

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Underlighting implies that the light is under your pedal board. If the light is under your pedal board how do you see it?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Why do old stereo speakers begin to leak/drip after awhile?

Thanks. My theory is that the coolness of the dope beats makes the woofer splooge.
That sounds cool, post a pic
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by theogonia777
Underlighting implies that the light is under your pedal board. If the light is under your pedal board how do you see it?
probably through the slats that most pedalboards have
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by JustRooster

Damn that thing is cool as fuck. How do you like it? Did you get the floor or LT?
My God, it's full of stars!
I can't imagine needing 20 pedals.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ImNeverSalty
JustRooster is this worth the $1400? 20 pedals seems like it would be more than $1400 in total but still Line 6 helix still seems pricey. 

I picked up the Line 6 Helix (the full-bore Helix, not the LT) on Craigs for $1050, box unopened.

I've spent an average of $200 per pedal (recent pedals -- the vintage pedals are currently worth more than that). By the time you buy/build a pedalboard, get all the little shorty cables, get the power setup going and then figure out some way to change more than one pedal at once, $1500 is gone. One of my "pedals" is a Two-Notes Torpedo C.A.B., used with the HD500x to add IRs and power amp sims; that pair of gizmos alone ran about $1050. Add a few Wampler pedals here and there...
Quote by ImNeverSalty
JustRooster is this worth the $1400? 20 pedals seems like it would be more than $1400 in total but still Line 6 helix still seems pricey. 

Quote by Dreadnought
Damn that thing is cool as fuck. How do you like it? Did you get the floor or LT?

It's definitely worth the price if that's the tool you're looking for. I think it's completely overkill for my purposes. I've honestly been thinking of selling it and getting a Firehawk FX and using the extra money to buy another guitar.

I still use my amps for my main sound. What I wanted as an "Every pedalboard I could ever want" rig, and I'm running it without amp sims into my amps via the four cable method so you can still use the FX loop. I've had several, several tubescreamers, and the Line 6 TS HD is absolutely up there with them. I actually like the Fuzz Face HD on the Line 6 better than my Dunlop and my Sun Face. I can't sing the praises of their pedal sims enough, they do a great job.

That said, all the pedal sims I use are also on the Firehawk FX. I still record using mics in front of amps. Just seems like for the same money I could have gotten what I needed in the lower model PLUS a backup HH guitar, which I need for the band I just joined. It's been an amazing pedalboard replacement.

If your goal is to use it as an amp sim and be your end-all rig, yeah, it's worth the $1,400.

Quote by dspellman

I've spent an average of $200 per pedal (recent pedals -- the vintage pedals are currently worth more than that). By the time you buy/build a pedalboard, get all the little shorty cables, get the power setup going and then figure out some way to change more than one pedal at once, $1500 is gone. One of my "pedals" is a Two-Notes Torpedo C.A.B., used with the HD500x to add IRs and power amp sims; that pair of gizmos alone ran about $1050. Add a few Wampler pedals here and there...

This is absolutely the reason I bought it. Had 30ish pedals at about $200ish and kept sinking my paycheck on other ones to cover a niche sound for no real reason.
Last edited by JustRooster at May 28, 2017,
Quote by ImNeverSalty
JustRooster is this worth the $1400? 20 pedals seems like it would be more than $1400 in total but still Line 6 helix still seems pricey. 

yah. as others have said, its really a be all end all unit. its your entire rig, except for the guitar itself. professional level boutique amp offerings can easily cost you over $1400. and if you play genres of music that rely heavily on effects, you are really throwing down some $. it is pricey in the sense that it is a big one time investment, but over time it is ultimately less money for the same end product.

ugh i need to stop hyping it up or i'm going to end up buying one.
Quote by theogonia777
I can't imagine needing 20 pedals.

i can
Quote by Will Lane
i can

but like what 20 pedals do you even put together like do you have 5 different delays or something
Quote by theogonia777
but like what 20 pedals do you even put together like do you have 5 different delays or something

Every amp responds differently to different pedals. I used different compressors, boosts, overdrives and fuzzes with almost every different amp. My Vox AC15 takes preamp gain in a vastly different way than my Carvin X100B, which are both very different from my Musicman 65. I'm likely to buy a 5150 later this week to play with a heavier project, which would likely take gain differently than the previous three. Something like the Helix allows you to forgo amps all together, or to have one of each style of dirtbox, boost, EQ, compressor, noisegate, etc. I use it at a pedalboard replacement. I got tired of the dance of patching cables around between a couple pedaltrains and just wanted presets for my different projects.

If you have just your one project and your one sound, maybe you don't need 20. If you play with different folks in different styles, 20 can struggle to cover all the bases.

Another reason I'm sort of drawn to the Firehawk is the phone setup. I think it'd be neat to put together pedalboards on the shitter at work and then try them out and tweak when I got home.
Last edited by JustRooster at May 28, 2017,
What you really need is a Pocket Pod dude.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
but my macbook is already LED display

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have leds on my water cooler.

And my ram

And my GPU

And my MOBO

And my case

Fite me.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by JustRooster
Every amp responds differently to different pedals. I used different compressors, boosts, overdrives and fuzzes with almost every different amp. My Vox AC15 takes preamp gain in a vastly different way than my Carvin X100B, which are both very different from my Musicman 65. I'm likely to buy a 5150 later this week to play with a heavier project, which would likely take gain differently than the previous three. Something like the Helix allows you to forgo amps all together, or to have one of each style of dirtbox, boost, EQ, compressor, noisegate, etc. I use it at a pedalboard replacement. I got tired of the dance of patching cables around between a couple pedaltrains and just wanted presets for my different projects.

If you have just your one project and your one sound, maybe you don't need 20. If you play with different folks in different styles, 20 can struggle to cover all the bases.

Another reason I'm sort of drawn to the Firehawk is the phone setup. I think it'd be neat to put together pedalboards on the shitter at work and then try them out and tweak when I got home.

PEBGAF
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I have leds on my water cooler.

And my ram

And my GPU

And my MOBO

And my case

Fite me.
No need. You already have a fight with your virginity.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I feel like that would sting more if it didnt come from 'generic awkward asian that drives a used Bimmer'
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by theogonia777

actually yes. well i don't, i use multi effects so i can program different delay times and combinations in one unit. but say you have a 5 song set list and you need a different delay algorithm and repeat timing for each song. knob fiddling and tap tempo is a dangerous game in a fast paced professional music environment, especially if you have to do both at the start of each song. not even considering if you use multi delays like U2's .8 sound. also not even considering programming reverb or any other effects either.

most of my patches involve a .8 delay somewhere at various intensities so if i did not want to go the mfx route, i would need either a programmable delay or just multiple delay pedals. i like to be able to click one button each song and load up all my time based and modulation effects, it allows me to focus on my playing rather than having to tap dance and knob fiddle. although 5 separate delays is kind of silly, 5 of them at around $100 each gets you a strymon. although people have this "is it worth it" conversation about the strymon units too.
Last edited by Will Lane at May 29, 2017,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I feel like that would sting more if it didnt come from 'generic awkward asian that drives a used Bimmer'
Made to order, thank you very much.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Made to order, thank you very much.

Oh wow a new car off the line?

I thought you had brains, I guess I thought wrong...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh wow a new car off the line?

I thought you had brains, I guess I thought wrong...
more money than sense, though that's soon to change I bet

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
though that's soon to change I bet

Especially when it costs you 300 bucks to change a windshield wiper!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Xiaoxi
more money than sense, though that's soon to change I bet

So then you'll have neither?
Quote by theogonia777
PEBGAF

wuzzat mean

here is pic. not sure about noise or reliability yet but it is a good $6. can get kinda bright for underlighting use.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by JustRooster

How do you like it? I'm still on that pod hd pro life and have thought about getting a Helix. 

edit: nvm you responded already
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by Will Lane
wuzzat mean

here is pic. not sure about noise or reliability yet but it is a good $6. can get kinda bright for underlighting use.

Nice, I think I'll may give these a try to light up the sides of my board.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Nice, I think I'll may give these a try to light up the sides of my board.

ty. just keep in mind the smallest size i see is 20 inches, which covered cleanly the top of my classic 2. i think you can cut the strips to fit but i am not sure.
Quote by Will Lane ty. just keep in mind the smallest size i see is 20 inches, which covered cleanly the top of my classic 2. i think you can cut the strips to fit but i am not sure.

Yeah I ordered two 20in strips. I'll probably splice them together so they both work with the same remote then I can run a row on the top and bottom of the board. I don't have a pallet style board so I'll either run them of the top or sides.

They should be pretty easy to cut from what I've looked up.

http://www.ecolocityled.com/category/led_tutorials_rgb_quickconnect
Can't crank up my 5153 head in my apartment so I'm buying an atomic amplifire for jamming at night.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Can't crank up my 5153 head in my apartment so I'm buying an atomic amplifire for jamming at night.

rt i re-visited my roland cube 20x and it is surprisingly legit through headphones

dirt cheap
Page 1 of 2