Page 1 of 3
http://www.sapplycompass.com/thequiz.html

now before you get all whiny, this test is new and designed with the shortcomings of earlier versions in mind. this is the first time i've gotten accurate (insofar as politics can be summed up by something dumb like this) results

inb4 whining
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
(insofar as politics can be summed up by something dumb like this)
whiny cunt
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My dot is around (-1, -0.5) so make of that what you will.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
I did two because I have a lot of internal arguments with myself

The first got me diagonally left of centre. I was answering from a slightly pragmatic/political position. The second I answered more philosophically and I got where the classical liberals would be put.

Considering that I was answering with very libertarian preferences on that second on I'd say there's a massive overton window hanging over this quiz. I'm not convinced it has improved much at all.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
economical halfway to the far left.

in terms of no state/big state I am right on the middle line/centre.

About 75% progressive.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Banjocal
I did two because I have a lot of internal arguments with myself

The first got me diagonally left of centre. I was answering from a slightly pragmatic/political position. The second I answered more philosophically and I got where the classical liberals would be put.

Considering that I was answering with very libertarian preferences on that second on I'd say there's a massive overton window hanging over this quiz. I'm not convinced it has improved much at all.
maybe it hasn't improved. seems to work pretty good from a leftist standpoint, wouldn't be surprised if that was where the creator of the test is coming from. admittedly there were quite a few questions which i skipped because conflicting feelings one way or the other.
Quote by korinaflyingv
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by Burgery
maybe it hasn't improved. seems to work pretty good from a leftist standpoint, wouldn't be surprised if that was where the creator of the test is coming from. admittedly there were quite a few questions which i skipped because conflicting feelings one way or the other.
The main problem I'm having is that it's asking questions that suffer too much from interpretability. Oh so you want to know if "A state that provides for everyone is an inherently good idea"? Well up top you say that you're asking about economics in regard to presumably preferential or moral belief, as many of the questions seem ethical rather than actually economic. Indeed, as someone more interested in pragmatism right now, I have no way of finding a good middle ground because ethical economic preference is the axiom by which this quiz has been made. But wait, "inherently good"? That's ontological as well! How the hell do you cross wires like that? The quiz needs rigor. It's just lazy

sorry I've been watching loads of angry youtube movie reviewers and im kinda in that headspace right now
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at May 28, 2017,

This is political censorship
Last edited by whoomit at May 28, 2017,
Yo you know what happens to a compass once you introduce magnets? Some cool shit is what.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Banjocal
The main problem I'm having is that it's asking questions that suffer too much from interpretability. Oh so you want to know if "A state that provides for everyone is an inherently good idea"? Well up top you say that you're asking about economics in regard to presumably preferential or moral belief, as many of the questions seem ethical rather than actually economic. Indeed, as someone more interested in pragmatism right now, I have no way of finding a good middle ground because ethical economic preference is the axiom by which this quiz has been made. But wait, "inherently good"? That's ontological as well! How the hell do you cross wires like that? The quiz needs rigor. It's just lazy

sorry I've been watching loads of angry youtube movie reviewers and im kinda in that headspace right now
alright valid criticism but i'm not sure you can be entirely pragmatic with economics. economics, politics and ethics are largely inseparable as far as i can tell.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm halfway down towards anarchism and one-third the way left of centre.

probably a fairly accurate average result, but if you plotted each answer individually I'd be all over the map.

I think some of the answers will vary greatly depending on what your current government is.

I also don't see how it's really relevant. These are the 2017 general election parties plotted

The party plotted closest to my views I can't even vote for and the one whose policies i actually like is much further right, despite it having progressive views like legalising weed which I don't share.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at May 28, 2017,
Quote by OddOneOut

I think some of the answers will vary greatly depending on what your current government is.

I also don't see how it's really relevant. These are the 2017 general election parties plotted

The party plotted closest to my views I can't even vote for and the one whose policies i actually like is much further right, despite it having progressive views like legalising weed which I don't share.

My plot came out quite similar, but I could vote SNP. But they're kind of wankers, and considering a vote for them just means more Nicola Sturgeon banging on about another independence referendum, they can get to fuck.

The big question is, would voting Labour instead divide the center left vote and let the Tories in here? Given that they're currently the largest single party in the council...
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Literally all the way left and on the X axis.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It feels like I've drifted across the entire compass, excluding the corner that's authoritarian right, over the past few years. Which is funny, because my views haven't changed that significantly.

To give an indication of where I should probably be:
I voted for a party called Democrats 66, a social-liberal party not only founded in the sixties, but going so far as to refer to the sixties in their name.
Quote by OddOneOut

I'm almost exactly like this, but with a shift to the right of one full block.

And like a 15% lower progressive/conservative scale.
My God, it's full of stars!

Sounds about right and definitely loads more accurate then the previous one which was basically a libtard generator. I think I lost most of my progressive street cred by only kinda agreeing or disagreeing with many social issues, while putting strongly agree or disagree on most economic and government issues.

Also I was sure I was gonna be the most welcoming of the state in this thread but then whoomit went all in. Bitch, why you stealing my thunder?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at May 28, 2017,
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Some really retarded questions on there, but this is the funniest: "Non-violent crimes should still be punished" with options of  strongly disagree-strongly agree. Yeah, non violent crimes shouldn't be punished anymore. Stuff like blackmail, extortion, fraud, etc....as long as no violence takes place! Durrrrr.  +2, -3

http://www.sapplycompass.com/results.html
Quote by Dreadnought
Some of y'all are extremist af.

Wouldn't put too much stock in it. As I noted above some of the "questions" were pretty fucking stupid. Plus, depending on whose cooking these things up, they can make people look more/less liberal/conservative than they are. I've noted many people, including you, in the thread had identical placements on the graph. Yours was nearly identical to mine. The questions were poor, the optional answers were usually very poor as well. Would be very interesting if there was a legit test like this though. On the old libertarian website I always scored nearly dead center on political ideology. 
TobusRex 
I was referring to results such as the one posted in the OP, totally unilateral in one regard. I think the test can do a decent enough job of identifying such extreme viewpoints, and it doesn't surprise me given some of the users who are 'scoring' such marginal results.
Quote by Dreadnought
TobusRex
I was referring to results such as the one posted in the OP, totally unilateral in one regard. I think the test can do a decent enough job of identifying such extreme viewpoints, and it doesn't surprise me given some of the users who are 'scoring' such marginal results.

Please. There is no way you can give any creedence to a test that equally weights Strongly Agree/Strongly disagree on "should non violent crimes be prosecuted". That's ridiculous. Is that implying that not wanting to prosecute nonviolent crimes is liberal? Judging by the GOP dismantling as much oversight as possible I'd say that's a Conservative value, and with a higher degree of validity. Secondly no person with a fully functional brain would select any variation of disagree/no opinion, so it automatically shifts the weighting in a particular direction. This is amateur stuff. 
still left/libertarian, but not as far out as I used to be: (-4, -1).
not that I put much stock in the quiz, but the shift seems accurate.
Quote by Dreadnought
Some people do believe that

What? LOL....I've literally never met a person in my life who thought the only crimes that should be punished are violent crimes. I've known extreme rightwingers, extreme left wingers, communists, nazis, moderates, hippies, criminals, lawyers, politicians, generals, etc....and not a single one of them thinks non-violent crimes shouldn't be punished, or at least has gone as record as saying so  
Quote by Burgery
http://www.sapplycompass.com/thequiz.html

now before you get all whiny, this test is new and designed with the shortcomings of earlier versions in mind. this is the first time i've gotten accurate (insofar as politics can be summed up by something dumb like this) results

inb4 whining

Since your "inb4" came after your post you were not inb4.
Quote by Dreadnought
Some of y'all are extremist af.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

For the record I don't think I ever denied that I have fairly radical views but the answers I gave in this poll are pretty standard parts of Slovene political discourse. If that's extremism to you, you're probably just a bit isolated from much of (continental) European politics.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by TobusRex
What? LOL....I've literally never met a person in my life who thought the only crimes that should be punished are violent crimes. I've known extreme rightwingers, extreme left wingers, communists, nazis, moderates, hippies, criminals, lawyers, politicians, generals, etc....and not a single one of them thinks non-violent crimes shouldn't be punished, or at least has gone as record as saying so  

I find it a very interesting idea actually, but more from a sci-fi, next stage of human evolution and society perspective than a practical, modern-day application. But I can definitely see some people agreeing with the point, if not in practice then in theory.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
You say that like it's a bad thing.

For the record I don't think I ever denied that I have fairly radical views but the answers I gave in this poll are pretty standard parts of Slovene political discourse. If that's extremism to you, you're probably just a bit isolated from much of (continental) European politics.

Thankfully, yes.
What a bullshit post....
Placeholder for coming system that will tell you more about the ideology you landed on.

I wonder if it says that for everyone.
bottom left corner as usual

not just quite into the very corner this time, but near enough (~4 from bottom, ~3 from left) EDIT: into the yellow when it comes to progressiveness, too.

big problem (aside from everything else) is i struggle to differentiate between "kinda agree" and "strongly agree". i think i'm better at it that i used to be... i'm using "kinda" when i think "pretty much, but it might be a bit more complicated than that".

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
roughly (-6,+0.5) - that is, pretty far off to the left, a little above the middle; in the yellow for progressive
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Always thought this chart would benefit from having some kind of polygon overlaid on the grid rather than a single point that represents your political beliefs. Sort of like 99% of the time my beliefs coincide with the beliefs in this swath of the chart.

idk, like little geometric confidence intervals around a point estimate.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Always thought this chart would benefit from having some kind of polygon overlaid on the grid rather than a single point that represents your political beliefs.  Sort of like 99% of the time my beliefs coincide with the beliefs in this swath of the chart.

idk, like little geometric confidence intervals around a point estimate.

Wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Should be essentially just reworking the results into a spider chart.
Page 1 of 3