Hi guys,

I've been looking through a lot of guitars and basses recently and EGC really caught my attention. They make custom built guitars with aluminium necks, priced at around 2000-3000 dollars. I've only heard them in person twice and they sounded absolutely stellar, a lot of great bands seem to use them too (usually stoner, sludge and prog metal players).
The reason I'm asking around is because I'm looking to buy one, but I'm not in the position to try one out. They are notoriously elusive, searching on youtube and facebook yielded only badly recorded demos and occasional rig rundowns. I can't find any used ones here in Europe to try out either. So, what I need to know is:
1) What are your experiences communicating and buying from EGC?
2) Would they be willing to ship to eastern Europe and how much would that drive up the price?
3) Would they be willing to do an entire build communicating just over e-mails?
4) What are your own personal experiences playing and maintaining an EGC instrument? Their website says that instruments should be sent back to them for any kind of maintenance, but I wont be in a position to do so, considering where I live.

Have a good one.
Last edited by arsenije98 at May 28, 2017,
Well, I can't answer 1 or 4.

2) the only way to know is ask them directly- best source of info is to email them.
3) again, email. My personal experience with custom luthiers is that they're perfectly willing to use email & phone calls to plan builds. Some even have forms on their websites.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz That's what I figured too, I just felt that I needed to ask the forums first, since I don't feel I'm a serious enough buyer yet to go into a back and forth conversation with the luthier directly. My next step will be to contact them, but only when I know for sure that I can dump upwards of $2000 into what will essentially be a blind purchase. 
You may get lucky: I've seen some UGers with some truly exotic guitars, so there's a decent chance someone with hands-on experience with EGC's stuff will pop in.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!