Just as the title says what do you guys think? Is it worth my time? What makes Texas specials different? ( a friend recommended them to me so I haven't a clue on what makes them special) and most importantly do you guys recommend any other pickup from fender instead ?
1) does the guitar feel really good in your hands?
2) is it in good condition?

If the answer to either of those questions is "No.", you probably shouldn't upgrade the pickups. Save up and find a new guitar kitted out the way younlike.

As for Texas Specials vs other pickups,

1) what tone do you have in mind?
2) what's your budget?
3) what amp are you using?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Any guitar that feels good in your hands is worth upgrading if you think it will improve tone.  Texas specials are good pickups but suffer from bad advertising.  They are advertised as overwound versions of the smooth strat pickups from the 50's and early 60's but they use the wrong type of wire for the trademark scooped mids and jangly high end.  In the 50's and early 60's fender strat pickups used heavy formvar wire which gave scooped mids, loose bass, and sparkling high end.  In the mid 60's fender switched to enamel wire which gave more midrange, tighter bass, less top end, and more overall output.  Texas specials are overwound with enamel wire so they are relatively hot and they have a strong midrange quack.  They are tight and dry sounding which makes them great for overdriven blues and rock but not great if you want open, sparkling, cleaner tones.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks for the replies guys. The guitar feels and plays great. I currently am using a fender mustang 1 v2 amp. Im looking to get a classic 50's-60's strat sound
Then I suggest something like a Seymour Duncan vintage flat set or a california set if you have a 7 1/4 radius on your fretboard and use a wound G.  They are overwound versions of the 50's and early 60's fender pickups.  Any strat pickup using alnico 5 magnets fibre bobbins and heavy formvar wire wound between 5.8 and 6.5 (give or take) will work.  I suggest Duncan's because they are in the same price bracket as the Texas specials and Duncan's vintage stuff is about as good as you can get that is non boutique.
Not taking any online orders.
You can buy better, but like the man says, you're probably paying a bit more at that point. If price isn't the issue, though...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!