Page 2 of 2
Quote by Blayney

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Bladez22
Cut down 4 trees

I should clarify, they're trees in my garden that were planted before we moved in. They're conifers which are a really annoying invasive species that kill off native plants that are good for British wildlife, the only thing that grew near them were thorn bushes, the ambery sap and lack of sunlight killed all the nice plants off

I do feel sorry for the birds that liked to chill in them, but we're gonna plant new trees
Quote by Bladez22
I should clarify

glad you did or else I might have gotten the wrong impression
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Woke up next to a centipede
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by theogonia777
glad you did or else I might have gotten the wrong impression

I feel bad about having to cut them down, they were big trees over 20 years old
Quote by Bladez22
I feel bad about having to cut them down, they were big trees over 20 years old

yeah but what if someone had thought you were a lumberjack or something
Quote by theogonia777

That's better than an idiot with a chainsaw I suppose
Quote by Bladez22
I should clarify, they're trees in my garden that were planted before we moved in. They're conifers which are a really annoying invasive species that kill off native plants that are good for British wildlife, the only thing that grew near them were thorn bushes, the ambery sap and lack of sunlight killed all the nice plants off

I do feel sorry for the birds that liked to chill in them, but we're gonna plant new trees

i was in a pretty similar situation, had about 20 or so conifers planted around the edge of the garden about 10 - 12 feet tall by 6 foot wide with brambles filling in  the rest of it, i still don't know how we managed to clear it all

getting the roots up was a bit of a pain but if you leave a decent sized stump you can dig around them and start rocking them from side to side and this generally frees the up enough so that you can either dig the roots up or cut them off with large loppers or an axe
Quote by kalypto
i was in a pretty similar situation, had about 20 or so conifers planted around the edge of the garden about 10 - 12 feet tall by 6 foot wide with brambles filling in  the rest of it, i still don't know how we managed to clear it all

getting the roots up was a bit of a pain but if you leave a decent sized stump you can dig around them and start rocking them from side to side and this generally frees the up enough so that you can either dig the roots up or cut them off with large loppers or an axe

Yeah conifers and brambles go hand in hand annoyingly. I think we're gonna leave the roots, they're right at the edge of the garden and there's neighbours sheds and fences right by. We won't be able to properly dig around the stump without taking the fences down, we're gonna build some flower planters rather than plant around the stumps anyway, hopefully if we level the stump off so it's at ground level and put the planters on top the roots will die/rot naturally without messing our lawn up (which the trees have done anyway)

That's the plan at the minute anyway, if we do dig them up I'll try that
Quote by Bladez22
Yeah conifers and brambles go hand in hand annoyingly. I think we're gonna leave the roots, they're right at the edge of the garden and there's neighbours sheds and fences right by. We won't be able to properly dig around the stump without taking the fences down, we're gonna build some flower planters rather than plant around the stumps anyway, hopefully if we level the stump off so it's at ground level and put the planters on top the roots will die/rot naturally without messing our lawn up (which the trees have done anyway)

That's the plan at the minute anyway, if we do dig them up I'll try that

They have some powder you can top off the roots with makes them rot faster, did that on a tree stump against my fence.
Quote by 33db
They have some powder you can top off the roots with makes them rot faster, did that on a tree stump against my fence.

Ah cool that'd be perfect, I'll keep an eye out when I'm next in the garden centre
Quote by ImNeverSalty
took a dump the size of my arm

Where did you take it to?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Where did you take it to?
more importantly, ImNeverSalty, who did you take it from?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by theogonia777

Be a lumberjack. That's OK. 
Page 2 of 2