Page 1 of 2
I've been playing the standard 25.5" scale, and i recently bought a 24.75" guitar without realizing it. I was very surprised by how much confidence and dexterity the shorter scale imparted to my playing, and now I'm thinking about switching to the 24.75" scale altogether.

The problem is, I'm so tired of seeing the Gibson/Epiphone body styles of LP, SG and blah. I want to find some other models/brands using strat-style bodies in this scale.

For example; the guitar I got is a "Peavey V-Style EXP" guitar. It is not V shaped really, the V-Style means "Vandenberg violin styled", and it is kinda a strat body. I even saw a G&L Ascari Tribute online which has vanished since, but that's another close one I'd be interested in.

So do you guys / girls know of some brands and models I could watch out for?

Thanks!
Google is your friend.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Give us some more information about your budget and what other specs you're looking for in a guitar. There are so many 24.75 scale guitars out there that a list of them would be impractical. Best to narrow it down with other parameters so you can get some decent suggestions. 
Yeah, basically 25.5" and 24.75" scales account for @95% of the guitar market.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Roc8995

I'm looking for used or new guitars with a hardtail prefferred, but absolutely no Floyd Rose bridge.

My budget is around $500.

Thanks!
I'm not going to sit here and provide a list of 24.75" scale guitars -- I have no idea where that would even end. Get off your lazy butt and do a bit of research!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

dspellman

Calling people lazy for asking questions in a forum? If I'm a lazy butt, you are a non-plussed idiot. Thanks for proving your worth!
1 is 1 too many.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by yakplays
dspellman

Calling people lazy for asking questions in a forum? If I'm a lazy butt, you are a non-plussed idiot. Thanks for proving your worth!

I called you lazy for not doing your own research.
Ask away. I answer reasonable questions.

And yes, I'm an idiot, but you have no idea what non-plussed means.
dspellman

It means you're a negative ion.

dspellman
How do you know whether i did my research or not? Let's ease down, i tried and couldn't find anything really. I'm looking for a strat bodied 24.75 scale guitar as stated in my original question. If you can help, I'd be grateful.
Did you google the right terms.
I found some by googling short scale strat
Learning guitars
And guitars for children.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
If you can save up for it and aren't in a hurry, Caparison Horuses are really nice, but pricey. You might luck out on a second hand one, but much higher than $500. 

Fender HM Strats are another option, except they are 25". Not much of a difference. 

Of course, those are floating trem guitars. You can always block of the trem though. 

You should also check out the PRS SE guitars. A lot of those are also 25" IIRC. 

You will find a lot more Les Paul style guitars with a 24.75" scale though. Some cool options are the ESP Eclipse models and the Epiphones. They'll fit your budget too. 
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro
Godin's discontinued SD series was a 24.75" scaled LP bodied HS Sor HSH guitar with a bolt-on neck, trem & 5-way switching- a real chimaera.
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinsdp.htm

Fender Japan actually made a 24.75" strat for a while. Might be 25" now.
Tom Anderson is a great choice; ask for a Shorty.
USACG and Warmoth have both made shorter-scale conversion necks for Strats.
 jackson fusions were 24.75", not sure if they made any non trem ones though. 
And what work in stone could compare with the majesty of trees?
Quote by yakplays
dspellman

this attitude gets you soooo much help.

stupid questions get stupid answers.

If you can't br bothered to research, why should we do that for you?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
trashedlostfdup
I asked information from people who may know the answer already. Not for you types who dont have answers and write negatively to others.

The reason i asked is of course because i couldnt find enough info on the net. Never asked anybody to do research for me.

You don't get it, do you? Forums are for asking questions.
Forums are for asking questions, and several of the posters in here have answered many of them.

Your question, though, comes across somewhat as they have described. I just posted some 24.75" guitars I thought you might like.

But when I did a Google search for 24.75" Strats, I found the Strat-o-sonic, Japanese Strats, the Tom Anderson Shorty, custom Stratsclones, shorter-scale necks, etc.

dannyalcatraz

Let's note that my comment was to trashedlostfdup, not to anybody else in general. And thanks for helping out. I know it was an uncommon question, but no question is really silly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Let's conclude the post; i don't think i will get further answers, so i will list what i know. It may just help others who may stumble on this post in the future. I did not list offers from well known brands which copy Gibson's well known LP, SG styles with 24.75 scale because it just makes no sense.

24.75 scale non-Gibson style guitars:

Peavey V-Type EXP regular or Limited edition (strat-style, discontinued)
G&L Ascari Tribute (strat-style, discontinued)
Ibanez J-Custom Model (strat-style,discontinued)
Austin AU792 (PRS style, discontinued)
Diamond Hailfire (Gibson Firebird style, but much cooler - still in production)
Dude you had a tough time getting a useful answer because you asked a vague question with almost no criteria for an answer.

If you had done any real research you'd have found that strat style guitars in that scale aren t very common.

Honestly had this been in my section the thread would have been closed
monwobobbo
Thanks for taking your time commenting, but come on! How difficult was it to see i was looking for strat style gibson scale guitars? It was such a simple question and people just don't get it...

I also repeatedly said that i did my research and decided to ask here to see if some people already had some answers. People are still telling me to do research...

If people do not have an answer, they should not bother bugging the poster. I'm unimpressed with the collective IQ here.
Quote by yakplays
monwobobbo
Thanks for taking your time commenting, but come on! How difficult was it to see i was looking for strat style gibson scale guitars? It was such a simple question and people just don't get it...

I also repeatedly said that i did my research and decided to ask here to see if some people already had some answers. People are still telling me to do research...

If people do not have an answer, they should not bother bugging the poster. I'm unimpressed with the collective IQ here.

For the purpose of this list, two other Strat style guitars with a short scale. 

Caparison Horus (24.75")
Fender HM Strat (25" scale)
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro
Quote by yakplays
monwobobbo

Did you expect something different from what your research came up with. If you look at your original post an title header you should see why you got this reaction. We shouldn't have to figure it out. Concise posts will get better results
prs is really close. missed it by 1/4".

Edit: not to scale by the way, he's showing about 1.5" in his example, keep in mind, Don Adams was 5'9".
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jun 4, 2017,
Quote by yakplays
Let's conclude the post;

lol. that isn't your call.

Seriously though i would look at prs, which I would have said earlier if you weren't being so damn moody.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
oh. and yes they are 25" not 24.75" but the difference is minimal and they make nice guitars
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by yakplays
I'm unimpressed with the collective IQ here.

well you asked one of the stupidest questions of the year so far. you expected some kind of enlightenment or an alphabetized list of 24.75 guitars?

just for funzies, you do realize that a les paul isn't a 24.75 scale guitar right?
peavy predator and kramer striker.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
gregs1020
Yes, i know Gibson switched over to a 24 9/16 scale, which is a wee bit shorter. But when one gets into details, they are being accused of not being straight to the point. So yes, a 24.75 or a 24 9/16 are different but very close.
trashedlostfdup
By all means, i'd love to see more additions to this, so i heartily agree if you say it's not my call

I stumble on some unkown brand PRS style guitars with PRS scale from time to time, and i know lots of people swear by them. Maybe i should give it a try... But i would prefer to ry the scale on a reasonably cheap guitar.

Maybe something like this one:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitare/quebec/guitare-electrique-nrj-signature-serie-parfaite-condition-f021328/c743868
B.C. Rich made/makes a ton of their models in 24.75".  Maybe you would like a calmer body shape of theirs?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Page 1 of 2