Page 1 of 2

Hi. I just moved across the USA and I am getting use to the area. Job has been going well for the past few weeks and I get invited to my bosses place with some other coworkers. Just a small house party with maybe 12 people. The following happened in the course of 4 hours:

Guy pulls a gun out and home owner loses their shit and tells them not to pull it out again.
Guy pulls out the gun later after unloading it and clearing the chamber and the home owner loses their shit again and screaming ensues. 
Guy with gun gets kicked out and made it clear to be careful when work starts. 
Party goes back to normal for a few hours when....
Dude comes with cocaine. Drops a plate of it in front of everyone and starts doing lines. 
A bowl gets passed to me at some point. Whatever its pot. Notice pot has white stuff sprinkled on it. Keep passing the bowl. 
At this point I realize it is time to sober up and jet. 
One home owner is tweaking. The other can't stand up. 
That was my cue to leave. 

I've been in this new state for 2 weeks and I've learned more about the people I work with in 6 hours than I have in the past 2 weeks. Life out west is going to be interesting if this is normal weekend shit. 
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
This is why I try to keep my work life and personal life separate. Don't bring up what happened at work man. 
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I always try to keep work and my personal life separate, for the most part.
Although every GF I have had on the past 30+ years, I met at work. One I was married to for 17 years. Never had a problem although more than a few people have said it's a bad idea.
Met my current GF at work.

Where did you move to?
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 29, 2017,
Quote by Nelshizzle
This is why I try to keep my work life and personal life separate. Don't bring up what happened at work man. 

This is what I get for being social and not staying at home with my computers and gaming. 
Quote by CodeMonk
Where did you move to?

Arizona. 
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Quote by DamienEx1021
This is what I get for being social and not staying at home with my computers and gaming. 

Arizona. 

Please tell me Tucson...

Nelshizzle 

Nope. The other city. 

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

DamienEx1021 

Meh same difference. Coke is big out here, also guns, then again guns are fun, pew pew, I have a few.  

Nelshizzle 

Guns are fun. Pulling them out at parties where alcohol has been flowing readily... not so much... especially around people you aren't familiar with. 

Yeah... I wasn't weirded out till the coke ended up on the table. I mean that is a hell of a way to say "welcome to Arizona." 

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

Uh yeah, fuck that. Sounds like a horrible work environment lol
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Uh yeah, fuck that. Sounds like a horrible work environment lol

I mean, I don't think they were railing yatch at the workplace fam
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Dregen
sounds like a sausage fest

yeah next time hire some strippers/prostitutes 
The fuck is your job?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by DamienEx1021
Nelshizzle 

Guns are fun. Pulling them out at parties where alcohol has been flowing readily... not so much... especially around people you aren't familiar with.

Yeah. I've only ever pulled out hunting knives at office parties full of strangers when everyone was sober but guns and alcohol are where I draw the line.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Pastafarian96
The fuck is your job?

Probably either a cowboy or a prospector or Linebacker for the Cardinals. Those are the only jobs in Arizona.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by kalypto
yeah next time hire some strippers/prostitutes 
all of the blow but none of the hookers
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by DamienEx1021

Arizona. 

If you had moved to Nevada, where I am, it probably wouldn't have been coke, it would have been meth.

Go out and get social.
You just need to choose your drinking buddies a little more carefully. Not always easy though.
And doing what you did after only 2 weeks, unless you are really good at reading people, not a good idea.
2 or 3 months would be better.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I mean, I don't think they were railing yatch at the workplace fam

I would not want to work with people who "partied" like that
Quote by Dreadnought
I would not want to work with people who "partied" like that

You probably already have and do. You just aren't with them when they partake.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No not really lol, I tend to not hang out with crowds that fuck with loaded firearms while drinking and doing blow.

Know how that story ends every time
Good for you I guess.

I've never been with crowds that do that either but I'm not gonna pretend like I know everything my coworkers do.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
You're focusing on individual people and their habits. I'm talking about a work environment where your direct supervisor throws a ridiculous "party" like that.

Like wtf line of work is this?
TIL a party after work hours and not on the premises is indicative of the work environment.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Well it's the people you work with so 🤔

Generally poor decision making carries over into other aspects of life lol
Quote by Dreadnought
Well it's the people you work with so 🤔

Generally poor decision making carries over into other aspects of life lol

Hey if that's your gig, that's your gig.

I can only speak for myself but I've definitely met people that you'd think are super smart and normal but on weekends they take MDMA and rave all night.

Also I'm not saying being fucked up and brandishing a gun at a party is fine either cause that's crazy shit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at May 29, 2017,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

super smart and normal
take MDMA and rave all night.
A psychopath trying to make a joke about understanding what normal is.

I've literally seen it all now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey if that's your gig, that's your gig.

I can only speak for myself but I've definitely met people that you'd think are super smart and normal but on weekends they take MDMA and rave all night.

Also I'm not saying being fucked up and brandishing a gun at a party is fine either cause that's crazy shit.

That's because all types of people are open to doing drugs. We're raised thinking only bad people do it but in reality that is not the case at all.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
That's because all types of people are open to doing drugs. We're raised thinking only bad people do it but in reality that is not the case at all.

Oh I agree.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Nero Galon

Yeah, but it's one thing to do drugs and another to be inviting your employees to a party at your house and get so trashed you can't stand.
Quote by TheChaz
Yeah, but it's one thing to do drugs and another to be inviting your employees to a party at your house and get so trashed you can't stand.

And doing powders which is loser shit, and pulling guns out, etc.

OP should find another job.
Tbh it happens very regularly here in the UK that one or two people get so drunk they're legless. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't the case.

As for coke, I'm not one to indulge but I'm not gonna judge unless you behave like a twat. I've hosted house parties with coke and people are the majority of the time fine.

Guns I can't really speak on since they have a totally different meaning here in the UK.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
Tbh it happens very regularly here in the UK that one or two people get so drunk they're legless. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't the case.

As for coke, I'm not one to indulge but I'm not gonna judge unless you behave like a twat. I've hosted house parties with coke and people are the majority of the time fine.

Guns I can't really speak on since they have a totally different meaning here in the UK.

The UK media has this thing they do every year on New Years eve, they post photos of drunk people, passed out in the gutter, lying in a pool of vomit, various stages of clothing loss.
One thing that is always consistent, they are always pics of white people.
Quote by Nero Galon

That's how parties are everywhere, but it's different when you're hosting your employees. it's called professionalism, damn.
Its after hours and not related to business and im gonna assume he isnt yatched out at work. Why does it matter to you?

If it doesnt affect him professionally it shouldnt matter what he does recreationally.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
IMHO there's a pretty clear line here which was crossed and people keep reverting back to the "universality of drugs" argument, and that's almost entirely irrelevant.
Coke is hella expensive. Next time take a baggie full once everyone's knocked out and sell it back to them. Rinse. Repeat.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Dreadnought
IMHO there's a pretty clear line here which was crossed and people keep reverting back to the "universality of drugs" argument, and that's almost entirely irrelevant.

If there is professionalism at a party then it's not really a party. If someone wants to host a formal evening then professionalism and etiquette is expected. If you're throwing a house party then those aren't invited.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
If there is professionalism at a party then it's not really a party. If someone wants to host a formal evening then professionalism and etiquette is expected. If you're throwing a house party then those aren't invited.

Right?

Like this isnt a work meeting. Its a jam and you happen to work with them. Its not the same as a work party
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2