Hello there,

first - sorry for my English.

I want to buy a cheap guitar (I have two really good guitars for 600€< so please don´t answer that for bigger money I will have better guitar) and I need to know which one of these is better

Jackson Dinky JS12 is for me best choice because I am fan of Jacksons, but has this Dinky that small body too? It´s only one problem that I have with this guitar because small guitar looks for me really ridiculous.

Schecter SGR C-1 is nice guitar but it don´t have nice headstock for me. I like inlay-6, but when it´s good guitar I will buy it. I don´t have any experiences with this guitar so I am asking about it.

Ibanez GRX140 is good guitar. I know that because I had GRX40 and it´s similar but it had 22 frets. I don´t want next Ibanez, but when it´s best choice from this 3 I will buy it.

Thank you guys (and of course ladys) for the answers and rock on!
Last edited by erikvernarsky6 at May 30, 2017,
If you have good guitars already a cheap onw will likely dissappoint, use your allotted budget and buy something used that is a notch or two above the cheap model.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What's the point of looking to buy a crappy guitar when you already own guitars that are better.?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE I need a guitar for my son. If I want to buy him better guitar I will give him my ESP-LTD MH-100QMNT, but he has really big power to destroy everything. But he has his first band and I want some cheap guitar for him. I just need to know which one of these 3 is better...and if Schecter SGR C-1 is good guitar.
erikvernarsky6 I personally wouldn't touch any of those with a barge pole, but it doesn't seem like you have any other option if you're constrained to such a tiny budget.

How old is this kid? If you're buying this guitar with the assumption that he's going to wreck it and throw it around like a toy than maybe you should wait until he's old enough to have respect for his own possessions.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
T00DEEPBLUE no no he is 17 but he destroyed 2 guitars since he is playing...one really good old Jolana Diamant (czech guitar from 70s) and Jackson JS30 Dinky...I need a guitar for his birthday but nothing expensive...and about that Schecter SGR C-1 I heard that it´s really good guitar, is it? Because I really don´t know Schecters
these are  all three super sick  metal guitars actually, i wrote a peice on a  couple similar ones on my website (removed), check it out, even if ur not looking to buy anything, i could  always   use the  hits!
Quote by erikvernarsky6
T00DEEPBLUE no no he is 17 but he destroyed 2 guitars since he is playing...one really good old Jolana Diamant (czech guitar from 70s) and Jackson JS30 Dinky...I need a guitar for his birthday but nothing expensive...and about that Schecter SGR C-1 I heard that it´s really good guitar, is it? Because I really don´t know Schecters

I'm not a parent, but have you asked your son about what he's going to do differently about his behavior that'll mean this new guitar isn't going to get wrecked like the other two?

I'd get the SGR. The Jackson isn't going to be any different from the JS30 your son has wrecked and the GRX140 is pretty similar to the GRX40 you already own.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
1. Don't worry about the body size; it's not too small. What I *would* worry about is the headstock. It's an inline headstock, but it's not a straight-pull headstock, which means that tuning can sometimes be an issue. Second, "tilted pointies" are the second-most-broken headstock (after Les Pauls and Ibanez Custom Agents, which are essentially Les Pauls with an even worse headstock design) on the planet. They always break between the first and second tuner.

2. The Schecter's headstock is a 3+3, but it's pretty much (almost, but not quite) a straight-pull headstock, which means that tuning is liable to be fairly easy to maintain, unlike the 3+3 headstocks on something like an LP. Is this one still in production, or are you buying used?

3. Far as I know, the Ibanez you're referring to has been out of production for a while, no? Did they bring it back again? The good news is that it's an inline headstock and a straight-pull headstock, is fairly versatile (pickups) and it's cheap.

I guess if it were me, I'd prefer the Schecter (with a good setup), but only of those three; I'd honestly buy none of them if I were buying, but we have guitars available here that you don't.

I have no comment on how he treats guitars; if it's his birthday, I have no issue. If I were dad I would probably make it clear to him that his next guitar came out of his own pocket, and here's hoping the band makes him enough money to do that.
Last edited by dspellman at May 30, 2017,
What exactly is he doing to wreck the guitars?  That is what I would be addressing buying a cheap guitar so you don't feel bad when he destroys it seems counterintuitive to me. If he is destroying the guitars maybe make him earn the money and buy his own so he will appreciate it more. 

I don't know your son of course nor do I intended andy disrepect whatsoever, but if it were me I'd be wanting to try to curb the guitar destruction rather than just buying a cheap one.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge