Hey everybody. I came across a B-52 412 CAB for what I thought was a good price ($125). I checked out their website (http://www.b-52stealthseries.com/AT412A_AT412B.html). 

They identify a difference between a Solid State CAB and a Tube CAB. Is there actually a difference between a Solid State CAB and a Tube CAB design? I thought they were just speakers in a box? They each have different power ratings (280, 400 and 480) but what other differences could there be for a CAB?

Also, I am running this CAB with a Fender FM100H Solid State head. Any issues I should be prepared for?

Thanks,

John
there aren't really solid state or tube cabs, as you said, they're just speakers in a box. unless the tube ones are higher quality or something like that, or maybe they have better speakers. but as you said, it's not like either cab shouldn't work with either type of amp, assuming all the important specs are suitable, like wattage and impedance.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Speakers in a box.

I'm not sure how well B-52 cabinets are built (particle board or ply), but if you're not going to take them on tour, you should be okay. It seems to me their AT series is plywood, but I'm not at all sure about the LG series.
Last edited by dspellman at May 30, 2017,
Quote by john23tine
I am running this CAB with a Fender FM100H Solid State head. Any issues I should be prepared for?

just people here telling you that you need a new amp. sorry to be THE dick, but are there any other options available to you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
gregs1020

I am only a play at home dad ... I will never go on tour ... Maybe just annoy the neighbors or have some friends over haha
sounds like a fun dad.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I had their ls412a cab for a while. Not a bad sounding cab. It had a ply bottom and really thick particle board sides, yet took a beating really well. I even had the same head you have.

Only issue I see is you might not like the gain channel on the amp. I used mine for pedals and it worked great till I got a new head. The cab should sound pretty good and hold up well.

I got rid of mine because a 2x12 is easier to pack and move around for gigs.