A couple days ago I bought a pack of Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Paradigm strings. I changed my high and low e strings (or in this case my low d and high e strings) and now my Floyd rose isn't level with the body. I have in in drop d, I adjusted the springs, when I use the whammy bar it stays in tuning. but now I can't make the bridge go down (make the strings higher pitch with the whammy bar). If you know what i should do about this, I would really appreciate it if you would please comment it. FLOYD ROSE IS ALWAYS HAVING PROBLEMS.
You can call me Crazy.
Quote by CrazyTNTdog
 A couple days ago I bought a pack of Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Paradigm strings. I changed my high and low e strings (or in this case my low d and high e strings) and now my Floyd rose isn't level with the body. I have in in drop d, I adjusted the springs, when I use the whammy bar it stays in tuning. but now I can't make the bridge go down (make the strings higher pitch with the whammy bar). If you know what i should do about this, I would really appreciate it if you would please comment it. FLOYD ROSE IS ALWAYS HAVING PROBLEMS.

1. Keep your hands off the text color. For those of us NOT using the "UG classic style" the light yellow/cream color you picked is illegible.
  2. The Floyd Rose isn't always having problems. You are. Sorry -- but knowing how to work the bridge will help.
  3. A Floyd Rose is very basic. It's a teeter-totter, like the ones you rode on as a kid. If the bottom of the Floyd (the end toward the bottom of the guitar) is low, you need to loosen the sPrings to allow the sTring tension to pull it back level. If the bottom is up in the air, you need to tighten the sPrings relative to the sTring tension to balance the two out. Simple. This will probably take place in steps, where you loosen the strings, adjust the springs, tune the strings back up close to "in tune" and then see where things are.
  4. When you change string gauge, you're going to have to re-set-up the Floyd. Best advice? Don't change string gauge.
  5. When you change your tuning, you may have to re-set-up the Floyd. Best advice? Don't change the string tuning (you can generally get away with something like changing from E standard to Drop D, but more than that will affect everything.

For the most part, there's really no way around these issues; it's the price of using a Floyd. There is ONE exception, leastways to the "change the tuning" issue. If you're going to do a lot of that and still want to use a Floyd, buy a Variax guitar; specifically the only Variax with a Floyd, the JTV-89F.
Last edited by dspellman at May 30, 2017,
If your trying to learn how to properly setting up a double locking floating tremolo try this sticky thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

Read carefully and take your time setting up one of these systems will take some time but it is a good idea to learn how to do it.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=setting+up+a+floyd+rose+tremolo
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

dspellman Thank you so much, it worked, the bridge is level, I can be in drop d and dive bomb without the whole guitar going sharp, and my guitar is less annoying!
You can call me Crazy.