Have any of you guys seen a guitar with a black, preferably transparent, primary color with a white burst? The other way around is pretty common, but I can't seem to find this specific combination anywhere. I'm considering getting a custom finish. It seems like a cool idea, but I've never actually seen a finish like this to see if it's a bad idea.

Do you guys think it's a good idea? Have you seen it done before?
This guy tried some mock-ups for a Tele, including something like you described:
http://www.tdpri.com/threads/bored-with-stock-tele-colors-available-i-started-playing-with-kisekae.653788/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Never seen it, but always a fan of trying new ideas.  If need someone to do it and do it right, I recommend this guy:  www.wilkinsguitars.com.  He's not afraid to try new stuff and he'll do it exactly how you want it in nitro or poly.  It won't be cheap, but you'll have a hard time finding a better value anywhere.

you mean like that?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

you mean like that?

Damn somebody ruined a perfectly good quilt top.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine Disagree
gregs1020 Yeah, like that. I tried it on the Halo custom guitar builder is where I got the idea. In that picture, it looks disgusting...