Hi ! 

I recently watched some Sahra Longfield videos on Youtube and I have to admit that I realy like her tapping technique.
It doesn't look like the standard 80s Van Halen tapping,  maybe someone could explain which kind of technique she is using. 

Thats the video I watched:
Going to post here because I'm also wondering the same question.
On a side note, what's that thing covering the (I think) 3rd fret?
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- A cheap fender strat knock-off not worth naming
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Thats a fretwrap it stops unwanted strings from ringing so she can get a cleaner tapping sound.
The only difference is she is occasionally using 2 fingers of her right hand to tap with, plus adding slides with the tapping finger.  Plus the vast majority of this is using left hand hammer-ons and pull-offs (and hence that wrap around the lower part of the neck, which makes it way easier to play without noise.  Other than that, the tap order is changing to add interest.  What guitar is it?
jerrykramskoy the guitar is a Strandberg S8.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Nothing really new or innovative here. It's just 2/3 finger tapping. And yes that's a fretwrap on her guitar. It's used to mute unwanted string noise, but i would strongly discourage using one for anything other than recording purposes. As said by Zaphod it's a Strandberg. She's endorsed by them.
When you're not holding a pick in the right hand you can actually curl your fingers in for proper legato technique. 

Stanley Jordan is the big name in two hand tap guitar work. He does jazzy stuff. If you like the music in this video you'd probably enjoy Animals as Leaders. I find Tosin's playing kinda over the top, but he is pretty monstrous. 
Last edited by cdgraves at May 31, 2017,
Quote by cdgraves
When you're not holding a pick in the right hand you can actually curl your fingers in for proper legato technique.

You can 100% do that anyway though?  I do it all the time when tapping...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.