Page 1 of 2
Can we finally put an end to movies in the vein of Meet the Parents, There's Something About Mary, American Pie, and a million other bullshits just like it? All it does is make me want to die when I watch it. I get no joy. I guess they only make it for all the masochists out there who think it's SOO LE FUNNEH XXXXDD1!!!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cringe comedy is an american tradition
Check out my band Disturbed
Never watched those other two but I liked Meet The Parents.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Oh, yeah those movies are just dumb. Yeah, did anyone ever/do people (as in people whose opinions are respectable) still like them?

I thought you meant like this:

Cringe humor has evolved on overdrive since the Internet age.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
> cringe
> comedy

pick one
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by StewieSwan
Cringe comedy is an american tradition

All American comedy is cringe comedy #britpost
no I like the office
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at May 30, 2017,
Muffin Biscuit Spaghetti Quiche Taquitos Baked potato Apple pie Chocolate Smoothies Frozen coffee Roast beef sandwich
Those movies aren't even that cringy. The office has great cringe humor in it but some stuff like Tim and Eric can be too much for me.

Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at May 31, 2017,
Those movies aren't even cringeworthy, they're just dumb fun. People actually get some sort of drunk enjoyment out of those passive flicks, because they were produced and marketed for a specific audience. Cringe to me is how pretentious some films are because they take themselves too seriously. I also think amateur flicks can be really cringe as well, especially when the actors butcher jokes or try really hard to be funny but just come off as annoying and obnoxious.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by zgr0826
Can we finally put an end to movies in the vein of Meet the Parents, There's Something About Mary, American Pie, and a million other bullshits just like it? All it does is make me want to die when I watch it. I get no joy. I guess they only make it for all the masochists out there who think it's SOO LE FUNNEH XXXXDD1!!!

Or, you could just not watch them. Kind of like how I don't watch anything with Adam Sandler or Kevin James.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Internet cringe is practically its own genre. People don't watch it to laugh, they watch it to feel uncomfortable. Second-hand embarrassment is the hip new emotion that all the cool kids are into.
Can we include the entirety of all american political ''''satire''''?

While I appreciate the SNL sketches bashing Trump, the mere appearance of Baldwin is forever more hilarious than any of the jokes actually written in the show.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
yeah american politics are cringe comedy 101
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by EpiExplorer
also political cartoons in general

no format where you have to outright label all the metaphors for the dumbass readers is going to have anything too smart to say

Quote by EpiExplorer
While I appreciate the SNL sketches bashing Trump, the mere appearance of Baldwin is forever more hilarious than any of the jokes actually written in the show.
nah that snl shit is dumb as hell too it's so self-congratulatory and meaningless cause it hardly even mocks him it just takes a format of "fictional character DESTROYS fictional trump in fictional argument share this with your white liberal friends!"
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
The original UK version of The Office is one of the greatest comedies ever created imo, so I disagree
anyone know what happened to that video of that fat guy in cargo shorts from that worst standup comedian ever video doing his god awful routine on the streets in front of a bunch of little kids and their parents? 

Yep, original UK 'The Office' is brilliant, one of the best comedies ever.

I enjoyed Meet the Parents, too. The sequels were awful, but the original was funny.

Never thought SNL was very funny, from what I've seen. Although some of the movies have been good - wasn't Spinal Tap based on an SNL sketch? And Blues Brothers?

Is Animal House cringe humour? Saw it for the first time a few days ago - a friend told me it was a "classic". I thought it was shit.

EDIT: To answer my own question - no, Animal House isn't cringe humour. It isnt humour at all. It's just a tiresome, two hour slog.
Last edited by kjt1981 at May 31, 2017,
Yeah don't take your carb-cravings out on Meet The Parents; it was funny. Remember the Luke Wilson character? lol fun stuff
I'm not keen on the kinda slapstick US cringe comedy as described but I'm also not keen on UK cringe comedy either], notable stuff is inbetweeners, office, peep show, etc. Although, I kinda find those shows funny the first time I watch them and don't know the cringe is coming. I can't sit through repeats ever though.

Quote by EpiExplorer

I enjoy satire stuff US or UK actually, just as long as it's not totally relying on cringe for the laughs.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by soundgarden1986
Most "classic comedies" aren't anything close to enjoyable

I think there are plenty that still stand up - if you look at the kind of jokes being told in contemporary comedies there is not a lot of difference. Some comedy has dated, but as a rule people haev always kinda laughed at the same things.

I just thought Animal House was horrendous.
I can count SNL sketches that I find funny on one hand. I don't know if it's something that doesn't really translate to British people, but I always get the vibe that the people in the sketches think that they are the funniest people on the planet. Also, I wouldn't call those movies "cringe" movies. I think the best cringe shows are things like Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Peep Show, and Always Sunny.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I read the reviews, and look at who is in the cast before deciding if I'm going to spend the time and money to watch any movie. I haven't seen very many bad movies. The "cringe" comedies I usually wait until they're on cable anyway. If they turn out to be lame, I bail in the first few minutes. 
Quote by Masquirina
Muffin Biscuit Spaghetti Quiche Taquitos Baked potato Apple pie Chocolate Smoothies Frozen coffee Roast beef sandwich

rude
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
These types of movies do not make me cringe but generally they simply fail to make me laugh same with 90% of the sitcoms on T.V. To say that most of it is cliche is being generous.

slapsymcdougalAdam Sandler used to make funny movies but that ship sailed after the first couple of movies he made, it seems most of his stuff is straight to Netflix these days, and as for Kevin James he is about as funny as passing kidney stones, how Paul Blart Mall Cop ever managed to score a sequal is a mystery to me not to mention he has a new ultra lame sitcom.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
These types of movies do not make me cringe but generally they simply fail to make me laugh same with 90% of the sitcoms on T.V.  To say that most of it is cliche is being generous.

slapsymcdougalAdam Sandler used to make funny movies but that ship sailed after the first couple of movies he made, it seems most of his stuff is straight to Netflix these days, and as for Kevin James he is about as funny as passing kidney stones, how Paul Blart Mall Cop ever managed to score a sequal is a mystery to me not to mention he has a new ultra lame sitcom.

Their movies are bankable, if not spectacularly so, is about the gist of it.

Basically, ever Sandler managed to talk the producers of (I think)50 First Dates into shooting the whole thing in Hawaii and essentially making the film a paid holiday, that's been one of the main points of his film making strategy. "Where can I go, and which of my friends can I take along for the ride?"

TBF, in his shoes, I'd probably do the same thing.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by zgr0826

Are you suggesting we close the Pit as well?

This is cringe comedy AF
American Pie is a national treasure you heathen scum 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
slapsymcdougal Yeah I can't say I blame Sandler either TBF his Netflix original "The Ridicolous 6" spoofing Tarantino's "The Hateful 8" made me chuckle quite a bit it was so stupid I couldn't help but laugh.

Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 tho
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
slapsymcdougal Yeah I can't say I blame Sandler either TBF his Netflix original "The Ridicolous 6" spoofing Tarantino's "The Hateful 8" made me chuckle quite a bit it was so stupid I couldn't help but laugh.

Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 tho

Sandler signed a four picture deal with Netflix. It was an excellent business move for Sandler. Critics might not like his movies. I don't, either. But Sandler is crying all the way to the bank.
Quote by ImNeverSalty
American comedy is slowly becoming trash. This is why i watch chinese cartoons now.

American entertainment is almost all chum, when ever I see a foreign film or show I'm reminded... braindead.
33db
people still try to tell me how funny "the office" is but I haven't laughed once during any episode. I think the last comedy I remember losing my shit at was Squidbillies.
Page 1 of 2