Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone,
I need to buy another guitar for pursuing djent.
The guitar I want should be a combination of 3 essential features and 1 optional:
1. 8 or 9 string
2. Tremolo system (Kahler or FloydRose)
3. EMG pickups (808 or 909 or 57-8)
Optional: Multi-scale

Something like Agile guitars: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorelt82730ebemgnat.html

If you have any idea, information, suggestion or comment, please share it with me.
Thank you,

My rig:
Sound card: M-audio Fast Track C400
Monitoring: behringer NEKKST 5
Current guitar: B.C. Rich Warlock
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=228879804278706&set=a.228879764278710.1073741830.100014700642426&type=3&theater
It's never enough!!!
Last edited by neo.behnam.alibeigi at May 31, 2017,
Actually, that Agile is a decent option.

How's the rest of your rig?  What's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks for your replay,
I added my rig to the thread.
My budget is around 1500$ for now, but I can wait and save more money
It's never enough!!!
Well, if you're not gigging, I don't see a need to change your rig.  And like I said, that Agile's not bad.  You COULD spend more, but it isn't necessary.  I think there are some Schecter & BC Rich ERGs in that price range out there, too.

If you did spend more, Bowes is one I'd consider.  I used to recommend Carvin without reservations.  But since they spun off the guitars to new ownership and became Kiesel, I've seen more complaints about them as compared to the prior 10+ years.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

With those specs and budget you really only have agile.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
http://www.rondomusic.com/8StringGuitars.html

Right now, they're out of 9-strings, but the top-end 8 with a Kahler is just under $1k.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Well, used might work too, but you're also dealing with a small market, so those aren't going to be easy to find. Much past 7-strings is tight anyway, and under $1500 is asking a lot. Schecter and Ibanez have 8-strings as well that at least used will be available. Washburn has an 8-string, but it's not multi-scale and lacks a tremelo system. Jackson has some 8-strings as well, but a few are the Misha Mansoor HT's which even used are going to be out of your price range.

Just the particular set of options with your budget make recommendations hard when you're looking at an already small pool. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Maybe. They are probably one of the better bets for a major brand to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If Munky (of Korn) or Dino in Fear Factory starts running with one of those, sure. If you like Ibanez, the RG2228M has been around for awhile and might fit the bill. It has the EMG 808's in it and a locking fixed bridge, which may not be what you're looking for because there's no whammy bar function.

Again, with your budget, all signs point to Agile. 
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by neo.behnam.alibeigi
AcousticMirror Only one guitar on this planet with this specs? Really?

in your budget sure. if you take out multi scale you have a few more. if you are ok with an 8 string and not a 9 then you have more options. 9 strings are still fairly rare.

if we hone in your requirements to something like 8 strings, floyd and non-multiscale you'll have a few more options.

very few guitars are going to have all those things.

There are lot son hardtail 8 strings, some more multi scale 8 strings now,
Schecter has some trem 8 strings.

But really agile is your best bet. If your budget was like 3k then you'd have lots of options.
bjgrifter I really like Agile, but I'm looking for other options to decide between them, if there is any other option of course!

Not a lot of them; Agile has been leading the way in terms of reasonably priced ERGs of late.
But here's the thing -- Rondo Music is essentially a one-man shop run out of a tin building or two. My perception is that Kurt gets a bunch of guitars in a container or two and then unloads the container, putting the guitars up on the website as he empties it out. Guitar models will appear and disappear on the website, and you have to be prepared to pounce when the right one appears.

The other option with Rondo is to custom order a guitar, but it will be more expensive (still cheaper than the options from other sources) and it will take several months for it to appear. I've actually done this and have no regrets and the guitar was/is spectacular. I have heard of incidents where the guitar wasn't quite what the person expected, but they've been rare -- and that happens with the very best of custom guitar builders.

You might email "kurt at rondomusic dot com" and ask what he's got coming out of the containers. Be prepared for a very short, terse reply. He does that .
*Sigh* If you MUST Djent ..... Pick up an 8 string Ibanez Universe.  You won't be sorry.  The pickups on them are pretty decent as well, but you may want to upgrade them if you MUST have actives.  Should still be in your price range even with pup upgrades, you get a quality guitar, a cool looking guitar, and a stable floating bridge.  You'd have to buy used, I don't believe they even make the Universe anymore, haven't checked, I only play 6.
You might email "kurt at rondomusic dot com" and ask what he's got coming out of the containers. Be prepared for a very short, terse reply. He does that .

How undjentlemanly.

I'm not sure FR has a 9-string version, though they do have 6, 7 and 8 string versions..

On a side note, After the Burial is a djenty band (least imo), maybe look into what they use? I know Justin uses a Ibanez RG90BKP
Gear:
- ESP LTD MH-50
- Strandberg OS 7
- A cheap fender strat knock-off not worth naming
- Garageband
- Boss GT-1
- Potato
Bruh. you don't need a 9 string guitar to play djent, you'll likely only be using 1 string anyway, just make or get your self a djent stick

Quote by bjgrifter Maybe. They are probably one of the better bets for a major brand to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If Munky (of Korn) or Dino in Fear Factory starts running with one of those, sure. If you like Ibanez, the RG2228M has been around for awhile and might fit the bill. It has the EMG 808's in it and a locking fixed bridge, which may not be what you're looking for because there's no whammy bar function.  Again, with your budget, all signs point to Agile. 

I'm a huge fan of Ibanez because almost all of my heroes like Paul Wardingham, Tony macAlpine, Tosin Abbasi, Angel Vivaldi and... play Ibanez. I was thinking about RG2228M (Tosin and Tony's first 8-string) but the only problem was lack tremolo system. It will be one of the most important factors in my music (as it is for Paul)
It's never enough!!!

Quote by AcousticMirror in your budget sure. if you take out multi scale you have a few more. if you are ok with an 8 string and not a 9 then you have more options. 9 strings are still fairly rare.  if we hone in your requirements to something like 8 strings, floyd and non-multiscale you'll have a few more options.  very few guitars are going to have all those things.  There are lot son hardtail 8 strings, some more multi scale 8 strings now,  Schecter has some trem 8 strings.  But really agile is your best bet. If your budget was like 3k then you'd have lots of options.

I can afford 3k in near future, what do you suggest my friend?
It's never enough!!!

Quote by dspellman Not a lot of them; Agile has been leading the way in terms of reasonably priced ERGs of late. But here's the thing -- Rondo Music is essentially a one-man shop run out of a tin building or two. My perception is that Kurt gets a bunch of guitars in a container or two and then unloads the container, putting the guitars up on the website as he empties it out. Guitar models will appear and disappear on the website, and you have to be prepared to pounce when the right one appears.   The other option with Rondo is to custom order a guitar, but it will be more expensive (still cheaper than the options from other sources) and it will take several months for it to appear. I've actually done this and have no regrets and the guitar was/is spectacular. I have heard of incidents where the guitar wasn't quite what the person expected, but they've been rare -- and that happens with the very best of custom guitar builders.   You might email "kurt at rondomusic dot com" and ask what he's got coming out of the containers. Be prepared for a very short, terse reply. He does that .

Actually I bought a guitar from Kurt, this one: http://www.rondomusic.com/pendelt82527ebemgbkfl.html
But the post system which company works with doesn't support my country, I've asked a merchant to order it from another country and bring it to me but he couldn't unfortunately. (Don't worry I gave my money back)
But it is late for another try because my dream is unavailable now :||
Agile is the best for me, but there is no way to buy it from here (lack of post service)
It's never enough!!!

Quote by Xander_X *Sigh* If you MUST Djent ..... Pick up an 8 string Ibanez Universe.  You won't be sorry.  The pickups on them are pretty decent as well, but you may want to upgrade them if you MUST have actives.  Should still be in your price range even with pup upgrades, you get a quality guitar, a cool looking guitar, and a stable floating bridge.  You'd have to buy used, I don't believe they even make the Universe anymore, haven't checked, I only play 6.

Changing pickups is a good idea because I can buy a set of 808X. But the only 8-string Ibanez with tremolo out there is Tony macAlpine's guitar which is custom!
It's never enough!!!
Quote by Parac
I'm not sure FR has a 9-string version, though they do have 6, 7 and 8 string versions..

On a side note, After the Burial is a djenty band (least imo), maybe look into what they use? I know Justin uses a Ibanez RG90BKP

I'm sure FR doesn't have any 9-string version, Kahler does.
I will check it out what they play, Thanks a lot!
It's never enough!!!
Quote by ImNeverSalty
just tune your 6 string to drop B. 

Of course I do that, but how to get F# alongside B? lol
It's never enough!!!
Quote by jedigovnaUG
Bruh. you don't need a 9 string guitar to play djent, you'll likely only be using 1 string anyway, just make or get your self a djent stick

I suppose I can make one and record it then combine the line to my 6-string guitar line and make djent lool
It's never enough!!!
Of course I do that, but how to get F# alongside B? lol

you have an F# next to your B on both sides lol.  B F# B E G# C#

Changing pickups is a good idea because I can buy a set of 808X. But the only 8-string Ibanez with tremolo out there is Tony macAlpine's guitar which is custom!

Yeah, actually I just did a little more digging. Apparently the 8 string Universe (called Multiverse) is more of a custom and would be really expensive if you found one. I thought it was a production model, again I only play 6 string so I'm not up to snuff on 7+. Had you ever trying tuning an 8/9 string with a floating bridge? It seems like it would be a PITA.
Quote by ImNeverSalty
you have an F# next to your B on both sides lol.  B F# B E G# C#

I think he wanted a low F#. I believe Marc Okubo from Veil of Maya runs a 7-string F#BF#BEG#C#.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by bjgrifter
I think he wanted a low F#. I believe Marc Okubo from Veil of Maya runs a 7-string F#BF#BEG#C#.

Last time i saw them he only used six strings. This was back in 2012 though.
I'm not sure how much he's using it, but he does use a 7 on Aeris off the Matriarch album. It can be seen in the video and the tabs I see corroborate that.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

bjgrifter
Oh okay I haven't listened to much of their newer stuff. [ID] was the last album I somewhat enjoyed but even then just liked a few songs as compared to every song on The Common Man's Collapse.

well the problem right now seems to be that there are almost no production 8 string guitars with a floyd rose...so you have to go custom..

agile would be the cheapest
kiesel
mayones
skervesen

i know for sure will make an 8 with a floyd.
What do you specifically want a 9 for? An 8 might be more practical if it's your first guitar other than a 6.

Are you sure? We wouldn't want you to spend too much money on your guitar and becom indidjent.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Are you sure? We wouldn't want you to spend too much money on your guitar and becom indidjent.

I agree, that is quite a djenerous amount
Page 1 of 2