Page 1 of 3
this has gotta be some of the most pretentious tumblr nonsense i've come across. these are not sexual orientations.

discuss
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
i know nothing sensible will come of this thread but i'm going to say this anyway

pansexual has some legit reasoning behind it

sapiosexual and demisexual are just heteros trying to be oppressed
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
wtf is sapiosexual
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i know nothing sensible will come of this thread but i'm going to say this anyway

sapiosexual and demisexual are just heteros trying to be oppressed

It's basically just an excuse to boil down relatively complex sentences into words that everyone can scoff at.

Much like 'rigmarole' basically meaning 'the whole process that would include an awful lot of added, potentially unnecessary effort' but rigmarole is a word used by the elderly and total ponces.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Bladez22
wtf is sapiosexual
a pretentious straight
Quote by slapsymcdougal
-pans-
you're several years late for that one
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
For real, what is the difference between a bisexual and pansexual? 
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by K33nbl4d3
in what sense is a pansexual different from a bisexual?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by 剣 斧 血
For real, what is the difference between a bisexual and pansexual? 

Who
cares

just
drink
cofeve
Quote by Burgery
well the idea is to include nonbinary genders (which i know most of you probably don't believe in but let's just have some willing suspension of bellendery for a moment) and some people say that it covers attraction regardless of gender, so people for whom gender doesn't really make any difference in their attraction so i mean one way or another it at least has a meaning and isn't just a way for straight people to seem less boring
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
ive said it before and i'll say it again demi and sapio are the ultiimate "i like girls that are cute, not hot"
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by K33nbl4d3
well the idea is to include nonbinary genders (which i know most of you probably don't believe in but let's just have some willing suspension of bellendery for a moment) and some people say that it covers attraction regardless of gender, so people for whom gender doesn't really make any difference in their attraction so i mean one way or another it at least has a meaning and isn't just a way for straight people to seem less boring

you aren't attracted to genders, you are attracted to body parts and that shit is binary af
Quote by StewieSwan
you aren't attracted to genders, you are attracted to body parts and that shit is binary af
okay blode here's a body part for you

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm ambidextrous. 
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
okay blode here's a body part for you

Is that Peggy's?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by StewieSwan

Not really. I mean, that would mean you'd have to be attracted to every vag, no matter how wizard's sleeve-y it's gone.
Why is it demisexual when semisexual has better alliteration? Like imagine if Closing Time was sung by Demisonic. The song would be just as bad but the band name would sound even worse.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Jackal58
Is that Peggy's?

too small
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Why is it demisexual when semisexual has better alliteration?
straights aren't that smart
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Not really. I mean, that would mean you'd have to be attracted to every vag, no matter how wizard's sleeve-y it's gone.

Yes, really. And your second sentence is dumb
Am I gonna have to actually google what sapio is?

What a shame
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

sa·pi·o·sex·u·alˌsāpēōˈsekSH(o͞o)əl/adjective
  1. 1.(of a person) finding intelligence sexually attractive or arousing."I met a PhD student from Germany who told me that he was sapiosexual"

noun
  1. 1.a person who finds intelligence sexually attractive or arousing."I'm a sapiosexual and I like to talk"

Yea, this is some pretty dumb shit

Unless you're actually like jacking it to dudes and gals do math or something
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 31, 2017,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i c. i met this pansexual dude the other day and he outright dismissed the notion of non-binary gender. he was sort of an idiot tbh.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by StewieSwan
Yes, really. And your second sentence is dumb
you're right i have to grab every person's crotch and figure out what they've got going on there before i know if i'm attracted to them or not

Quote by Burgery
i c. i met this pansexual dude the other day and he outright dismissed the notion of non-binary gender. he was sort of an idiot tbh.
then he was probably going by the "regardless of gender" definition but he sounds like a dickhead nonetheless
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Well if we're including other genders people claim to be (I've not read any scientific evidence there are more the two, and I don't really plant to go search) then it makes sense. At least it sounds better than bisexual+.

But I still think bisexual is the better, more established cover term since it means like penis and vagina. Unless someone has been mangled in some way then they're still going to have one or the other regardless of gender. 

Actually thinking about it, I'm taking issue with the idea that gender is relevant to sexual attraction at all.
Where she can't see you
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by 剣 斧 血
I've not read any scientific evidence there are more the two, and I don't really plant to go search
well the cool thing is it costs you absolutely nothing to realise that other people's experience of life can be different from your own
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
you're right i have to grab every person's crotch and figure out what they've got going on there before i know if i'm attracted to them or not

then he was probably going by the "regardless of gender" definition but he sounds like a dickhead nonetheless

because "body parts" literally only means your junk     
Quote by StewieSwan
because "body parts" literally only means your junk     
well nothing else is particularly "binary af" except i guess tits
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
well the cool thing is it costs you absolutely nothing to realise that other people's experience of life can be different from your own

Eh. I'm happy to let people do what they want in regards to their lifestyle and how they perceive life and it can be interesting to see what they have to say if they're actually capable speakers/writers.

However, I think when it comes to labeling and naming things there should actually be some basis and standardisation for it. That's something you don't seem to get from a lot of people.
Where she can't see you
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by K33nbl4d3
well nothing else is particularly "binary af" except i guess tits

yeah it is. male and female. wanna know how i know? cuz we can dig up bones of people that died 2000 years ago and know which one they were

and before you bring it up intersex is a condition; a genetic aberration, not a third sex. 

You can try to convince me all day long that straight dudes will start blowing dicks as long as the personality is feminine enough, but I know that's bullshit, and I suspect you do, too.
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 31, 2017,
Quote by StewieSwan
yeah it is. male and female. wanna know how i know? cuz we can dig up bones of people that died 2000 years ago and know which one they were
right sorry you're right i excavate people's bones after they die to find out if i was attracted to them

Quote by StewieSwan
You can try to convince me all day long that straight dudes will start blowing dicks as long as the personality is feminine enough, but I know that's bullshit, and I suspect you do, too.
that's clearly not what i'm saying but sure
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
right sorry you're right i excavate people's bones after they die to find out if i was attracted to them

that's clearly not what i'm saying but sure

Yes it is. I said that sexuality is about what body parts you're attracted to, and you disagreed, so here we are. 
i don't really think gender is an actual thing with any sort of material ground tbh. i sympathise with people that feel like they have been forced into a certain role that they struggle to identify with, of course, but i'm not sure it's all too different from the girl who was raised to be a pink little princess but identified more with punk rock or something. besides of course the massive social stigma.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by 剣 斧 血
I don't really plant to go search)

[...]

Actually thinking about it, I'm taking issue with the idea that gender is relevant to sexual attraction at all.

freudian slip confirmed dendrophile
Quote by StewieSwan

Yes it is. I said that sexuality is about what body parts you're attracted to, and you disagreed, so here we are. 
don't be dense for the sake of it

straight dudes generally don't like dicks

that doesn't mean they won't be attracted to someone who presents in a feminine enough way until such a time as they realise that person has a dick
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
don't be dense for the sake of it

straight dudes generally don't like dicks

that doesn't mean they won't be attracted to someone who presents in a feminine enough way until such a time as they realise that person has a dick

and once the realization is made the sexual attraction is gone. it's almost as if that's what the whole thing hinges on. you can have preferences on what you like about a person (hair, clothes, attitude, etc.) but these things can be exhibited by anyone. You can be attracted to long hair, but that doesn't mean guys with long hair are sexually attractive to you. You like long hair on girls, because there's the assumption of her actual physical parts. So yes, it is ultimately the body parts you like that determine your sexuality
Quote by Burgery

from my understanding:
bi: girls or boys
pan: whatever

as in, I say I'm bi and I mean that I like straight women and also gay men, I have no interest in anything else, notably nonbinary stuff. "pan" people aren't fussy about different genders.

those other -sexuals are a bit of a mess but it doesn't really bother me, people can dump whatever labels they want on themselves if it makes them feel more comfortable/boosts their self esteem/etc. I would note that a lot of that shit is just people rambling on the internet and I rarely see people ever say anything about it in the real world, well at least not presenting as it a huge part of their identity as they might do online

(side note: I have gripes with people wearing their sexuality on their sleeves in general, online or in person, regardless of what that sexuality is)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by StewieSwan
and once the realization is made the sexual attraction is gone. it's almost as if that's what the whole thing hinges on. you can have preferences on what you like about a person (hair, clothes, attitude, etc.) but these things can be exhibited by anyone. You can be attracted to long hair, but that doesn't mean guys with long hair are sexually attractive to you. You like long hair on girls, because there's the assumption of her actual physical parts. So yes, it is ultimately the body parts you like that determine your sexuality
the attraction was there in the first place and was based on what the person was seeing, not what they weren't whether it even goes away is arguable i mean straight guys in generally are pretty insecure about their sexuality so i'm sure they're generally less than honest about that kind of thing
Quote by theguitarist
from my understanding:
bi: girls or boys
pan: whatever

as in, I say I'm bi and I mean that I like straight women and also gay men, I have no interest in anything else, notably nonbinary stuff. "pan" people aren't fussy about different genders.
yeah for my own part i stick to bi not because i'm not attracted to nonbinary people (i sometimes am) but because i don't connect with the implication "pan" has that gender is irrelevant to their attraction, because for me it's not
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by StewieSwan
yeah i'm not sure it's that simple either
Quote by korinaflyingv
Quote by StewieSwan

It probably doesn't go away if they're bi/pan
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Page 1 of 3