Page 1 of 2
I'm not here to ask if it's safe, or brag or anything. I just want someone to tell where it won't f*** up my life or make me worry about them worrying. I don't know why I'm even saying this here.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
in one day?

big/lots of poop? had a bunch of water weight? is it a notable variation from your overall weight? forgot to eat? lack of eating+much puking due to illness?

what is the last time you weighed yourself that you are comparing it to?

it's best to weigh week by week and at around the same time of day imo since so many things fluctuate over the course of a day
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Seriously, that's an amount of weight you could sweat out in a sauna, and still make it back to your desk after lunch.

Pretty much.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
3 pounds aint much don't worry. If you weight 120 pounds then that's only like 2.5% of your overall weight. The human body does lots of weird and wonderful things
are you fasting? 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I measured my weight in the morning yesterday before eating or drinking anything, and the same for today. From what I've heard, that's how you measure weight between days.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

Quote by gogiregion
I measured my weight in the morning yesterday before eating or drinking anything, and the same for today. From what I've heard, that's how you measure weight between days.

oh.

sometimes bodies fluctuates like that from day to day. it's not really good when setting targets to give much notice to day to day weight and even with a weekly weight just use it as a general guide of how your diet/exercise is doing rather than nitpicking on the exact weight loss that week.

I've only ever had my weight randomly go up or down a like 2kg (~1lb) max if I tried measuring between days but at a regular weekly weighing (monday morning after a shower for me) it'd be the same or only decreased/increased a only a few 100g either way (presuming I hadn't purposefully been trying to lose weight that week with a load of diet and exercise). I do often notice if I get ill I suddenly drop a few kg but after getting better my body gains it back quick and when looking overall back on the 1 or 2 weeks in question, my weight remains the same (again if I wasn't actively trying to reduce it)

that said, I dunno your natural weight and height. for my height and size, 3lbs vanishing in a day is a little bit odd if I don't have something to attribute it to like illness or going on a marathon or something, but nothing for me to worry about. I guess if you're smaller it's a bit more concerning.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Clearly, you sprained your uterus.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
Quote by theguitarist
oh.

sometimes bodies fluctuates like that from day to day. it's not really good when setting targets to give much notice to day to day weight and even with a weekly weight just use it as a general guide of how your diet/exercise is doing rather than nitpicking on the exact weight loss that week.

I've only ever had my weight randomly go up or down a like 2kg (~1lb) max if I tried measuring between days but at a regular weekly weighing (monday morning after a shower for me) it'd be the same or only decreased/increased a only a few 100g either way (presuming I hadn't purposefully been trying to lose weight that week with a load of diet and exercise). I do often notice if I get ill I suddenly drop a few kg but after getting better my body gains it back quick and when looking overall back on the 1 or 2 weeks in question, my weight remains the same (again if I wasn't actively trying to reduce it)

that said, I dunno your natural weight and height. for my height and size, 3lbs vanishing in a day is a little bit odd if I don't have something to attribute it to like illness or going on a marathon or something, but nothing for me to worry about. I guess if you're smaller it's a bit more concerning.

I know what it's from.
Anorexia

Quote by gogiregion
I know what it's from.
Anorexia

I wasn't gonna assume even though that seemed likely what you were getting at in the first post.

hope you're okay, take care
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I wasn't gonna assume even though that seemed likely what you were getting at in the first post.

hope you're okay, take care

Yeah. My calculations would have me have only lost around 1 pound, but apparently I got more exercise than I thought.

Edit: I guess one reason I posted was to see how long for someone to guess anorexia.

Last edited by gogiregion at May 31, 2017,
Quote by gogiregion
I know what it's from.

Take care, eating disorders are a tough thing.   
Quote by drdoom8793
Take care, eating disorders are a tough thing.   

Meh. I've been like this as long as I can remember, so to me it's just part of life.

Also, the reason I can't tell my parents or doctor is because I'm taking two medications that affect appetite, sleep meds that make me overeat, and energy/focus meds that make me undereat. I was taking the sleep pills first, and it was killing my sanity that I couldn't control my weight anymore. So when they asked if I wanted to take another med with a side effect of undereating (they are about equally powerful in their own directions, so they cancel out), I had to lie about not being anorexic. If I say something now, they will take away my energy/focus meds, and then I'll just have to stop taking my sleep meds to keep my sanity. Then I'll just be back where I started, but without two antidepressants (both also work as antidepressants, too).

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Seriously, that's an amount of weight you could sweat out in a sauna, and still make it back to your desk after lunch.

Pretty much.

Are you telling TS not to sweat it?
Quote by ultimate-slash
Are you telling TS not to sweat it?

I've shat some turds that most likely weigh a couple pounds. So in that sense I probably lost some weight too. It's nothing to worry about. 
3 pounds in a day is really nothing to worry about at all. Your body can fluctuate from 5-10lbs throughout the day. You would need a 10000+ calorie deficit to burn 3lbs of fat in a day, so most likely its water weight.
I don't think the newest responses read anything other than the tread starter…

Hey I was in your situation pretty recently. Currently in recovery. Feel free to message me if you need someone to listen. 
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Hey I was in your situation pretty recently. Currently in recovery. Feel free to message me if you need someone to listen. 

Okay. although I bet that my situation is pretty different (except for maybe anorexia). I've got some pretty messed up stuff going on in my life.

Buddy......This happens to everyone. You gotta weigh yourself everyday in the morning to get a better idea of your exact weight. Our weight fluctuates all through out the day and week because of the stuff we eat and drink. and ofc your clothes,shoes,piss and shit all weigh something too... I weigh roughly 197 in the morning and by night time I weigh around 201 lbs or so. Depending if I pigged out that day or not.. I'm fairly an average weigh for my height (6 feet). But I have tried to trim down a little before, the moment you start dieting and exercising more you will have a big drop in weight all of a sudden, and that's because your body is loosing water weight. I dieted for about a week and I dropped down to 192, most of it just had to do with holding onto less water,I probably did lose a pound or so.  The moment I started eating normally again, because I hate dieting, I started weighing the same. Real healthy weight loss comes after a little while longer,after consistent dieting or working out or both. A normal weight to be dropping per week can be anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds, unless you're really heavy then it's probably OK to drop a little more, but rapid weight loss in not good AKA starvation diets, which you're probably not doing. But i've seen people do those kind of quick fix diets only to gain it back... A healthy weight is something you have to constantly work on and maintain. I recently started eating more of what I want but exercising everyday. Healthy weight is a long life commitment just as keeping your teeth white is
Quote by jedigovnaUG
Buddy......This happens to everyone. You gotta weigh yourself everyday in the morning to get a better idea of your exact weight. Our weight fluctuates all through out the day and week because of the stuff we eat and drink. and ofc your clothes,shoes,piss and shit all weigh something too... I weigh roughly 197 in the morning and by night time I weigh around 201 lbs or so. Depending if I pigged out that day or not.. I'm fairly an average weigh for my height (6 feet). But I have tried to trim down a little before, the moment you start dieting and exercising more you will have a big drop in weight all of a sudden, and that's because your body is loosing water weight. I dieted for about a week and I dropped down to 192, most of it just had to do with holding onto less water,I probably did lose a pound or so.  The moment I started eating normally again, because I hate dieting, I started weighing the same. Real healthy weight loss comes after a little while longer,after consistent dieting or working out or both. A normal weight to be dropping per week can be anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds, unless you're really heavy then it's probably OK to drop a little more, but rapid weight loss in not good AKA starvation diets, which you're probably not doing. But i've seen people do those kind of quick fix diets only to gain it back... A healthy weight is something you have to constantly work on and maintain. I recently started eating more of what I want but exercising everyday. Healthy weight is a long life commitment just as keeping your teeth white is

Starvation diet? I wonder why someone with anorexia would do that…

I lost 3 pounds yesterday.

My mates and I were betting on when Donald Trump would be impeached, and I lost.
Make America covfefe again
Quote by hatch.da.egg
I lost 3 pounds yesterday.

My mates and I were betting on when Donald Trump would be impeached, and I lost.

You should have betted for just that much later. There's already a CRIMINAL investigation on him right now. Not impeachment, but prison. I bet by the end of the year.

You'll be alright. When I wrestled I routinely lost 3-6 pounds per practice, and I was healthy as a horse. 
I dropped 30+ pounds in a week before due to illness. It happens. It's nothing to worry about. The human body is tough.
It sucks about your anorexia though. Good luck. I dunno what to tell you except that you're more than just a number on a weighing scale. As long as your appearance and health is fine, you don't have to worry about being a few pounds up or down.
Quote by Spinnerweb
It sucks about your anorexia though. Good luck. I dunno what to tell you except that you're more than just a number on a weighing scale. As long as your appearance and health is fine, you don't have to worry about being a few pounds up or down.

Well, right now my weight is okay. From my sleep pills, it should've raised about 20 to help me stay healthy, but instead it went up by over 50. Now I've lost 15 pounds of that, so I'm loosing that fast.

I really do feel fat, though. People always tell me that I'm really skinny, but I just feel really fat.

Quote by gogiregion
Well, right now my weight is okay. From my sleep pills, it should've raised about 20 to help me stay healthy, but instead it went up by over 50. Now I've lost 15 pounds of that, so I'm loosing that fast.

I really do feel fat, though. People always tell me that I'm really skinny, but I just feel really fat.

And I used to think I was a worthless waste of oxygen and space despite what people told me. Turns out listening to people that care is usually a really, really good thing to do (some of the wonderful people of this forum have seriously helped me through the darkest times of my life and they will always always always be deep in my heart ).

On that I would also like to say that I hope you can escape the horrible feelings causing/caused by (my knowledge on the matter is quite poor) your eating disorder
Quote by gogiregion

I mean, that can truly be body image problems, but I felt that way before I started exercising more.  There really is a difference between skinny and fit.  Everything in moderation of course.

Edit: What Pasta said too ^^

Edit2: Now I want some pasta...
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Jun 1, 2017,
This morning, I went to weigh myself, and it looked like I gained around 5 pounds, and then I realized that that's just from drinking water, so no accurate measurements today!

gogiregion you're probably not fat, but you could be what's considered "skinny fat". it's basically when you're thin but you're soft and jiggly, maybe with a tiny belly and no muscle. do some at home work outs yo. and don't starve you'll just fuck yourself up even more in the long run
Quote by jedigovnaUG
gogiregion you're probably not fat, but you could be what's considered "skinny fat". it's basically when you're thin but you're soft and jiggly, maybe with a tiny belly and no muscle. do some at home work outs yo. and don't starve you'll just fuck yourself up even more in the long run

Meh. I like starvation. I actually ate only 570 cals today. I guess I'm proud of myself for resisting temptation, so good on me? Whatever. Grapes lowered it. Fruit in general fills you up with practically no calories. I ate 21 grapes today.

I guess I'm "skinny fat." I don't like it.

Exercise to tone yourself.

And I can't convince you, but you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories a day. It can cause your hair to stop growing and whatnot, I've heard horror stories. Good luck.
Quote by gogiregion
Meh. I like starvation. I actually ate only 570 cals today. I guess I'm proud of myself for resisting temptation, so good on me? Whatever. Grapes lowered it. Fruit in general fills you up with practically no calories. I ate 21 grapes today.

I guess I'm "skinny fat." I don't like it.

you trolling everyone lol? or are you serious. well in the end what you do to yourself is completely up to you

but speaking from some experience, eventually it will either make you feel physically bad or mentally bad or both . so try not harm yourself alrighty?

I used to obsess over my weight too, I tracked all my calories on myfitnesspal, exercised almost everyday. and I was thinking hey i'll look good, but it isn't till you see yourself in a picture or one day you realize you got too skinny. 

eating low calories the way you are eventually will slow down your metabolism , not to mention you'll probably get physically weaker, and lose a lot of muscle mass.. which means a saggier booty, jiggly arms, legs, and somehow you will fatter because of it. 

I know exercise is shite, but in the end, being "fit skinny" is nicer than being skinny from starvation. you can eat more and still be fit, try it one day.

how old are you?
Page 1 of 2