I've had this thing in the cart twice now but haven't dropped the hammer due to the fact I can't try it first.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2SCBV7AS

Anyone have a PRS S2 single cut? Thoughts? I have also considered the model with the tremolo, I tend to dislike tremolo anyone have any thoughts on the PRS system?

Also how does this bridge work? How do you intonate this guitar?
PRS SE
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SE245CS2
I dont believe you can intonate like you would with a TOM bridge on the second guitar. I'm sure someone can verify that. Just a note though: the guitars have different scale lengths if that matters to you (S2 is 25" and the SE is 24.5").
Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoy my S2, but for $1400 you are going to be able to get a used CE, or possibly Custom 22/24 (if you look hard enough).
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Do it they are pretty good. But you can get some sweet stuff used for that price.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I don't think the second guitar can be intonated. At least not without going through the trouble of reworking the bridge.

I like Sweetwater. Their set up/inspection is nice. Was happy with the epi I got through them. I would wait until it's in stock since they photograph each guitar so if there is a slight variation in the color or wood grain you like you can choose it over another of the same model. Great customer service too. Wish there was one here instead of guitar center...
Quote by Liaztraht
I don't think the second guitar can be intonated. At least not without going through the trouble of reworking the bridge.

I like Sweetwater. Their set up/inspection is nice. Was happy with the epi I got through them. I would wait until it's in stock since they photograph each guitar so if there is a slight variation in the color or wood grain you like you can choose it over another of the same model. Great customer service too. Wish there was one here instead of guitar center...

I agree I buy almost everything from them, they even called me once to tell me an order would be delayed due to an issue with their system and paypal, and would a I like to cancel.
GC and musicians friend (hah) have both sent me used stuff as new, items that did not work, and are just crap in general to deal with.
Quote by Liaztraht
The strings can't be intonated individually but I'm pretty sure there are grub screws to adjust the bridge as a whole with those. Whether that's enough probably varies depending on how you set it up.

Or you can put a better bridge on it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The strings can't be intonated individually but I'm pretty sure there are grub screws to adjust the bridge as a whole with those. Whether that's enough probably varies depending on how you set it up.

Or you can put a better bridge on it.

How would grub screws work? I think that's a solid bridge.

Also I don't want to do any mods, I would be buying the single cut S2 with the standard bridge type, was only attracted by the price of the other.
Quote by 33db
How would grub screws work? I think that's a solid bridge.
You can see the holes at either end of the bridge, behind the posts.

Assuming it's like most of the bridges I've seen of this type, there are screws in there which, when adjusted, will push each end of the bridge back away from the post or allow it to move closer, so you can adjust the position of the whole thing at once. For some people it works perfectly, others complain that it isn't good enough, so I suppose it varies from individual guitar to individual guitar. I do suspect that in the vast majority of situations it'll give you perfectly usable intonation, even if it doesn't show up quite right on a strobe tuner.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
K33nbl4d3
Ahhh interesting I hadn't noticed that.
Seems like a pretty limited way to intonate but if it works *shrug*
Quote by 33db
Seems like a pretty limited way to intonate but if it works *shrug*
Yeah, I don't really see much point in it on a $600 guitar when the guitars I can get for £30 at Cash Converters have fully adjustable ones, but it's a big improvement over a flattop acoustic and practically speaking is about as adjustable as the wooden floating bridge on a hollowbody archtop, so I imagine it's perfectly possible to get it to do what it has to do.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
First thing I would change is the bridge to their adjustable wrap-around. then the pickups. you need to get over this hurr hurr not gonna mod a guitar crap...

unless you wanna spend 3k from the get go. 

That's the bridge you want. With one exception. If you are only going to be tuning in E standard with a regular set of string 9s 10s or 11s. Then that bridge will intonate fine. It's designed for standard tuning regular strings +- maybe to Drop D/D standard. If you want to change tuning then you need their other bridge.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The S2s are awesome, really like them, but definitely go used. If you want an S2 specifically I would get one, they are different from the CEs and core series, not just "not quite as good." I really like the "faded" finish C22s I have played, absolutely killer axes, even if the couple I played weighed a ton.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.