I have a bc rich gunslinger I picked up and it's the first guitar I've decided to re-finish. I sanded down the lacquer and through the green paint, under it was a coat of white, then a TON of clear, then the wood. I've sanded down to that clear, and wiped everything off with a damp rag, and suddenly it didn't look as cloudy, and more like the wood underneath. What do I have to do to get it to look like the way it looks wet?
Last edited by Webertl at May 31, 2017,
When you get a guitar that's sanded down wet, is that what it would look like polished

No. It's what it will look like wet.
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Webertl
I have a bc rich gunslinger I picked up and it's the first guitar I've decided to re-finish. I sanded down the lacquer and through the green paint, under it was a coat of white, then a TON of clear, then the wood. I've sanded down to that clear, and wiped everything off with a damp rag, and suddenly it didn't look as cloudy, and more like the wood underneath. What do I have to do to get it to look like the way it looks wet?

You've sanded down to the sanding sealer, not bare wood; so, in order to get that glossy wet look, you'll have to apply several layers of Glossy Clearcoat. Acrylic Lacquer or even Polycrylic in a spraycan will be the first step. Then you'll have to buff/polish. 3M Finesse It II works great, or any car polish without silicone in the formula.