Hi guys,

I’m on the look for a Les Paul and I came across this beauty through the local classifieds.

The description says:
“I offer an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Slash/Joe Perry/November Rain colour without scratches included Bag. Bought new on 01.May.17, setup by the expert with 0.10 strings. Price 480CHF” (440EUR / 494USD)

The price seems steep, because I could order an Epi LP Standard online for 350CHF, an Epi LP Plustop Pro for 450CHF, an Epi LP Tribute Plus for 570CHF or a GIBSON LP Tribute for 762CHF.

However, this particular LP looks like none of the above. The Standard has a plain top and the Plustop and Tribute have a flame top. This one has the grain maple top like a Gibson LP Classic or Tribute.

Which model/year is it? Is it a good deal?

I’d appreciate your comments and knowledge on this!

Cheers,
Walter

I own many Epiphone LP's and I agree that price is a little steep. I can't tell from the pics but I thought most of the Joe Perry signature Epi's have a flame top. There is no "Joe Perry/Slash" modal. It's one or the other. This looks like a plain top Epi Standard. I could be wrong with no clear headstock pic or serial number. I'd also wonder why someone would be selling a guitar that he just bought new a few weeks ago.

Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 1, 2017,
Quote by Rickholly74
I own many Epiphone LP's and I agree that price is a little steep. I can't tell from the pics but I thought most of the Joe Perry signature Epi's have a flame top. There is no "Joe Perry/Slash" modal. It's one or the other. This looks like a plain top Epi Standard. I could be wrong with no clear headstock pic or serial number. I'd also wonder why someone would be selling a guitar that he just bought new a few weeks ago.

Yes, yes and yes.

I think he means the color is like Slash's or Joe Perry's LP, not that it is a signature model.
I asked him to send me pics of the headstock and the serial number.
I also don't know why he would sell it if he bought it one month ago, but looking at the ad it says that it was last updated on Feb 8th 2017... May be he meant to write "Bought new on 01.May.16"

I just went to a local music store and an Epi LP Trad Pro goes for 580CHF new and an Epi LP Standard goes for 480CHF new, exactly what he is asking for. I'll use that as an argument to try to lover the price to 300CHF, that is the most I would pay used. What do you think?
Hi guys,
I got some more pics.

From the serial number I know it has been made in Indonesia in 2009, so it is impossible tht it was new in May this year. Anyway, how much would you pay for it?

I cannot seem to upload the images, but here are some links.

https://ibb.co/gZV5Xa
https://ibb.co/eBzzsa

it is a regular Epi LP standard, made Feb '09 at the Indonesian Samick-factory

and it is a really bad deal

similar guitars usually sell for 200-250€

und Gruetzi nach Zürich
Last edited by paruwi at Jun 11, 2017,