Page 1 of 4
The last time we did this was about 2.5 years ago.

How Privileged Are You?

Scores:
Ippon 9_
soundgarden1986 78
chrismendiola 76
neidnarb11890 75
Random3 75
Dreadnought 71
Dave_Mc 64
Baby Joel 61 (what?)
matt bickerton 61
Gaz_m2k5 57
EndTheRapture51 54
UFC on VHS 53
T00DEEPBLUE 52
OddOneOut 51
Paroxysm 50
slipknot5678 50
deeptubes 49
Banjocal 47
M00NAGEDAYDREAM 44
N8dagreat3 44
aig91 43
donender 41
Bladez22 40
guitarxo 37
jedigovnaUG 37
CodeMonk 34
Evilnine 32
Mad-Mike_J83 25
stratkat 24
ElMaco 3
ImNeverSalty 1

Xiaoxi 805 FICO

I rage quit upon reading the first 20-25 items.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You live with 44 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
"I am not nervous in airport security lines."

Does it count that I was nervous when I was in line for nearly two hours and nearly missed my flight?
"I am always comfortable with P.D.A. with my partner in public."

bitch I can be a raging homo and just not give a fuck about people at all

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
40/100

I didn't understand a good third of them, mainly because of the double negative shit. "Never have I ever not written a confusing question"
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Jun 1, 2017,
You live with 44 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Nailed it?
I have never heard this statement: "You have been randomly selected for secondary passport control."

woah such privilege
Check out my band Disturbed
As a brown man, I was doing well until the question "Have you ever been told you're 'attractive for your race'" and I was like "Hah, no I haven't... but for reasons other than racism.... "

I have also never been told "I sound white" but I sometimes see it in people's eyes when they first meet me in person after having talked on the phone. My name is Gary too, not a hindu name or anything so that adds to the shock. "Oh you're Gary."

I was also stopped at the airport once by some security woman with a huge rifle, asking me stupid questions. First it was a standard "Where are you travelling to today... business or pleasure" and I thought it was pretty innocent. Then it was:
Her: You're travelling alone? (in an accusative tone)
Me: No, I'm with my friends
Her: Then where are they?
Me: Over there

We had literally just got out of the airport scanner bit that you have to go through one at a time, so no fucking shit I was on my own. You're not allowed to go through security in a group you racist bitch. My friends were like "What was that about" and I was like "I was randomly selected..."

I always thought from pop culture that it was a thing that happened more in America, and unfortunately more to those wearing things like turbans, never expected that kinda shit to happen to me in Heathrow Airport, 30 minutes from the place where I grew up and lived for the first 18 years of my life.

I still got 57/100.
To be fair sounding white isnt limited to people of color. I thought iggy azalea was black until I saw a picture of her. So the road goes both ways.
If anything, this stupid ass bs just proved how much of a strawman the "privileged white male" thing is. You'd be hardpressed to find anyone who is privileged by these criterion. Everybody goes through hardship to some extend. It's just that some people are lil bitches about it who sit around crying all day.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A wise man once said:
Quote by chrismendiola
Lol why is it that at least one person every time feels the need to discredit the validity of a Buzzfeed quiz?

Free Ali
i'm not white 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

37/100

Tbh my heart rate went up just reading the airport questions. I love airports but fuck "random checks"
cat
that's way too many statements, best I could do is 3

I checked them all so let's just extrapolate and say I'm 100% privileged
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Last edited by ElMaco at Jun 1, 2017,
All privilege, no work.
how can any of you talk about thick skins when you're getting mad at buzzfeed

it's buzzfeed

who cares?

Quote by N8dagreat3
To be fair sounding white isnt limited to people of color. I thought iggy azalea was black until I saw a picture of her.

my dude that's like getting duped by an SNL impersonation
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by guitarxo
37/100

Tbh my heart rate went up just reading the airport questions. I love airports but fuck "random checks"

im surprised there werent any questions about getting nervous about getting pulled over by police.

everytime i see a cop car no matter if im doing the speed limit I freak out and look at my rearview to see if he's coming for me.
Quote by N8dagreat3
im surprised there werent any questions about getting nervous about getting pulled over by police.

everytime i see a cop car no matter if im doing the speed limit I freak out and look at my rearview to see if he's coming for me.

who the fuck doesn't get nervous when driving around the police
Quote by StewieSwan
who the fuck doesn't get nervous when driving around the police

I don't, in fact in high school before the midnight movie, we would pull into the police station parking and smoke a joint.
Turns out that's the safest place to burn one.
50/100

it's a very limited and flawed quiz because most of the questions make a lot of assumptions. all the college related ones for example. the assumption is that if you've never taken out student loans it's because your rich af and don't need them. but what if it's because you are disadvantaged enough that it's not feasible even with loans? what if travelling period is too expensive so you've never been to an airport? what if you've travelled internationally because you were seeking asylum?

not that these things can't be indicators of how much privilege you have but it is telling that the entire "buzzfeed perspective" on privelege is based on airport and college experiences and shit like that (aside from a few questions), as if those things are just a part of everyone's life by default. obviously this goes without saying.

edit: actually the biggest flaws are with the mental health questions. what if you're undiagnosed cause stigma and all that, or cant afford help.
Quote by 33db
I don't

then you're not thinking about it hard enough. they want any excuse they can to get your money
You live with 1 out of 100 points of privilege.
You're underprivileged. The world is not a fair or ideal place and you know that because you grew up with several identities that the world is not kind to. You had a lot of challenges to overcome simply to get on a level playing field with most people in the world. It is not your job to educate the world about its injustices, but if you choose to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.
52/100

I'm bisexual and I've never been oppressed for being bisexual. But I still get lower points for being bi anyway? Why does it assume that such a scenario simply cannot exist?

The exact same thing can easily be said for just about every single question on this quiz.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
49/100?

I am privileged as fuck! I live in a million dollar house a block from the beach that my mom essentially gave to me.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Quote by StewieSwan
then you're not thinking about it hard enough. they want any excuse they can to get your money

It's the same philosophy I took with bullies on the play ground, appearing unafraid make them uncomfortable.
Quote by TROUnation
Wait... Should a light skinned Hispanic as myself click the "I am white" box?

If you haven't been discriminated against for being hispanic, then yes.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by TROUnation
Wait... Should a light skinned Hispanic as myself click the "I am white" box?

I thought u were a wood elf
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
I thought u were a wood elf

Northern Hispanic Wood Elf.
damn wood elves...come to steal our jobs in imperial city...
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Page 1 of 4