Hello Folks ! 

I am trying to decide which guitar i would purchase. 

At the moment i am very interested in the Banshee Elite-7 FR S. 

Because it ( for me at least ) is a expensive guitar, I want to keep the risk of disappointment as low as possible. ( there are not stores here 
where i can try out one of these guitars ! ). 

So the concern i have is that i will not like the neck, in particular the neck finish ( the part where the hand touches the neck when going from low to high and back). I have this concern because i have played on one of these : 

http://resources.ibanez.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/insets/zoom/XPT700XHGSF_27_frets.jpg

So the ibanez xpt700, in the green color. 

In the image you can see that the back of the neck is the same green as the rest of the guitar, but i really disliked playing this. ( I loved the guitar but not the finish ). All my ibanez guitars have a glossy finish on the back of the neck.

So my question is ( because specs on the internet do not give any insight into this ), is the black coating on the back of the neck of the banshee elite ( 6,7 )  also glossy or more harsh like a paint coating similar to the xpt700 ?

I hope you folks can help me out !! 

Regards,
Rick 
Last edited by metalclassic at Jun 2, 2017,
The Banshee Elite's necks & backs are all satin (only the tops are gloss) so it will have a nice and smooth playing neck.