Page 1 of 5
Trump announces U.S. withdrawal from Paris climate deal

The news follows weeks of intrigue about the pact that nearly 200 nations agreed to in December 2015.

President Donald Trump announced Thursday that he will pull out of the Paris climate agreement, delivering the news in a Rose Garden speech loaded with the "America First" rhetoric of his presidential campaign.

Trump said he'd be willing to reenter an international climate deal if he could secure better terms for the United States — although France, Germany, Italy and the United Nations immediately poured water on the idea of renegotiating the nearly 200-nation Paris accord, and one European official called it a "Trumpian ruse."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/white-house-tells-supporters-it-will-exit-paris-deal-239029?cmpid=sf

Well done America

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
You forgot the "what could go wrong?" at the end there.

Also this really sucks.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
but it's a bad deal for america so who cares about the planet
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Reminds me of that prog snob pic

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
“If the President is going to be AWOL in this profoundly important human endeavor, then California and other states will step up," California Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

not surprising cause iirc he said he was gonna do this pretty much from day one

still sucks though.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
There is no reason to believe that America won't continue to do our best to minimize pollution and take care of the environment. We don't need a fucking treaty and we don't need to give other countries a dime to do that.
With the way the agreement is written, the US can't withdraw until November 4, 2020, the day after the next presidential election. So get ready for this to be an election issue we get to hear about 9ever.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by gerdner
There is no reason to believe that America won't continue to do our best to minimize pollution and take care of the environment. We don't need a fucking treaty and we don't need to give other countries a dime to do that.

Evidently you do.

Rep. Jim Jordan‏Verified account @Jim_Jordan 21h21 hours ago
More
President Trump did the right thing by withdrawing us from Paris treaty - it would hurt American companies and American workers

Vice President Pence‏Verified account @VP 21h21 hours ago
More
Vice President Pence Retweeted The White House
Our President is choosing to put American jobs, American consumers, American energy, and American industry first.

Kevin McCarthy‏Verified account @GOPLeader 22h22 hours ago
More
.@POTUS made the right call in leaving a deal that would have put an unnecessary burden on the United States

Reince Priebus‏Verified account @Reince45 21h21 hours ago
More
Promise kept. @POTUS exits flawed #ParisAccord to seek better deal for U.S. workers & economy. This WH will always put #AmericaFirst.

Lindsey Graham‏Verified account @LindseyGrahamSC 22h22 hours ago
More
I support President Trump’s desire to re-enter the Paris Accord after the agreement becomes a better deal for America and business.

This is bigger than just any one nation. But all I see is American dick waving about having a prosperous economy and what's best for America, not the planet.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by zgr0826
With the way the agreement is written, the US can't withdraw until November 4, 2020, the day after the next presidential election. So get ready for this to be an election issue we get to hear about 9ever.

They can't withdraw from the Paris Agreement, but the Paris Agreement is part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and Trump can leave that - and thus the Paris Agreement - in a year.
I'm glad he pulled out of this. Finally, a President with enough balls to give the middle finger to these SJW European wankers. We don't need to be giving them money in order to handle this type of situation. 
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They can't withdraw from the Paris Agreement, but the Paris Agreement is part of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and Trump can leave that - and thus the Paris Agreement - in a year.

FAKE NEWS
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by ImNeverSalty
I'm glad he pulled out of this. Finally, a President with enough balls to give the middle finger to these SJW European wankers. We don't need to be giving them money in order to handle this type of situation. 

tfw environmental ruin becomes a non-issue
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Evidently you do.

This is bigger than just any one nation. But all I see is American dick waving about having a prosperous economy and what's best for America, not the planet.

Of course you can't see anything other than what you want to see. Liberals are blind that way. Damn watermelons! Green outside, but red inside.
Quote by ElMaco
but it's a bad deal for america so who cares about the planet

It's literally a non-binding agreement, it doesn't get much better than non-binding

Time to get back into pouring money into coal to try and bring it back to life
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by steve_muse
tfw environmental ruin becomes a non-issue

America has lead the world in cleaning up the enviromment. The issue is maintaining our sovereignty.
Quote by gerdner
Damn watermelons! Green outside, but red inside.
this is cutting edge shit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by gerdner
America has lead the world in cleaning up the enviromment. The issue is maintaining our sovereignty.

It's not always a bad thing. The geneva convention limits our sovereignty but I'd bet most people are pro geneva convention

Also it doesn't because there is no consequences for not following the deal
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 2, 2017,
 “If the President is going to be AWOL in this profoundly important human endeavor, then California and other states will step up," California Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement. 

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
It's literally a non-binding agreement, it doesn't get much better than non-binding

Time to get back into pouring money into coal to try and bring it back to life

Spoiler alert, the stuff that made coal has been dead for thousands of years, and this won't work.
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
It's not always a bad thing. The geneva convention limits our sovereignty but I'd bet most people are pro geneva convention

Also it doesn't because there is no consequences for not following the deal

Popularity of an idea doesn't mean shit. The Geneva convention is a good thing. The Paris accords were a bad thing. They are totally unrelated. I'm 65, and grew up in Pittsburgh. I remember first hand what really bad air was like. It was cleaned up. We didn't need a fucking order or consequences from the UN.

If Americans want clean air, it's up to Americans to keep their air clean.
Quote by gerdner
Popularity of an idea doesn't mean shit. The Geneva convention is a good thing. The Paris accords were a bad thing. They are totally unrelated. I'm 65, and grew up in Pittsburgh. I remember first hand what really bad air was like. It was cleaned up. We didn't need a fucking order or consequences from the UN.

You do know the large amount of lead and mercury in the air while you were growing up/gestating is probably a contributing factor in why you 'think' this way, right?
Quote by gerdner

How is it a bad thing? Because other countries were also a part of it and therefore telling us what to do somehow?
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Hey, Trump may have just fucked 7 billion people, but at least he was kind enough to pull out. 
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I can't help noticing that none of the people ITT who hate the Paris accord have explained what, specifcally, they hate about it. Seriously, what's wrong with the Paris accord other than grumble grumble France grumble grumble liberals?
Death to Ovation haters!
Came in expecting an epic gangbang.

Was disappoint.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Bout time we got out of that shit deal and commie redistribution of wealth Paris plan.
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Quote by PatchworkMan
I can't help noticing that none of the people ITT who hate the Paris accord have explained what, specifcally, they hate about it. Seriously, what's wrong with the Paris accord other than grumble grumble France grumble grumble liberals?

The cost-benefit of the accord is undesirable.

Don't forget to hit like and subscribe
Quote by Rossenrot
The cost-benefit of the accord is undesirable.

Don't forget to hit like and subscribe

What is the cost?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
What is the cost?
investing in renewables and making sure we don't fall behind technologically
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by PatchworkMan
What is the cost?

Millions of jobs, trillions of dollars, etc. I went over all this in the American politics thread, and don't feel like doing it again. Especially in a thread whose title and content are sardonic. 
Quote by Rossenrot
Millions of jobs, trillions of dollars, etc. I went over all this in the American politics thread, and don't feel like doing it again. Especially in a thread whose title and content are sardonic. 

I've been doing my best to stay out of that thread.
Death to Ovation haters!
The jobs are not gonna last forever as it is and when we're playing catchup because foreign companies were getting government funds to develop the technology at least we'll be able to remember the oil fields fondly
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 2, 2017,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You do know the large amount of lead and mercury in the air while you were growing up/gestating is probably a contributing factor in why you 'think' this way, right?

... and the horse you rode in on.
Page 1 of 5