Searched and couldn't find a Ghost thread. 

Anyone got any info on the latest hirings and firings or the new album?
It is, what it is.
Why are Ghost good?

I mean, I never got the hype. I remember when Jess and the Ancient ones were doing their thing and it was all neat and it sounded fresh, but Ghost just had black metal tendencies (a dozen band members who no one knows about and keep rotating in and out like a hockey team with corpse paint) with some weak rock riffs so their music sounded stale.

Maybe some Ghost fans can enlighten why you think they're good. 
They're first two albums are shit. I like Meliora as a hard rock album. They were never metal by any means. Meliora, though, has an awesome production and it's theatrical and catchy. It focuses a lot on atmosphere and working as an actual album, more so than any other recent mainstream rock album I can think of.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by severed-metal
Why are Ghost good?

I mean, I never got the hype. I remember when Jess and the Ancient ones were doing their thing and it was all neat and it sounded fresh, but Ghost just had black metal tendencies (a dozen band members who no one knows about and keep rotating in and out like a hockey team with corpse paint) with some weak rock riffs so their music sounded stale.

Maybe some Ghost fans can enlighten why you think they're good. 

Always thought of them as a very cheap circus Mercyful Fate knockoff, that happened to cash in on the retro occult-rock thing that was going. Which admittedly I got pulled into for a little bit, but I also never took them seriously, just some lighthearted "look mum, I'm playing Satan" thing. 

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I think they're catchy, but only with Meliora. Before, they were all over the place, Meliora was where they solidified. I do think the hail satan thing is their schtick. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
'Ritual' off their first is OK, but not 'hard rock' by any means at all.
The second is OK, 'Zombie Queen' is pretty solid, but not 'METAL' by a long shot...
Meliora is pretty listenable, definitely the 'hardest' they've done, but barely 'METAL'.

GHOST is music you can put on when Grandma comes to visit...
Quote by severed-metal
Metal only has room for one grandma.

/thread