Poll: Do you believe in man-made climate change?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in man-made climate change?
Yes, I believe in man-made climate change, and something should be done about it.
55 79%
Yes, I believe in man-made climate change, and nothing should be be done about it.
4 6%
No, I don't believe in man-made climate change, but something should be done about the environment.
2 3%
No, I don't believe in man-made climate change, and nothing should be done about it.
9 13%
Voters: 70.
Page 1 of 7
Just curious really lads, given recent events and certain Pit demographics.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Doesn't matter what you believe if something is happening and others see it happening.

Also, regardless of whether or not it's man made, the climate is changing.
yeah. not sure the extent of it, and there's definitely an argument about whether 'man-made' inherently means 'not nature'. but there is no doubt that humans are effecting the environment
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
regardless of political leanings, I have absolute disdain for anyone who doesn't accept it to some degree.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I blame it all on cows. If they farted a bit less, we'd all be fine. 
I have nothing important to say
Man-made is the wrong word. Man-accelerated is more accurate.

Yes I believe in it, but I'm not convinced that something should be done about it. 
Check out my band Disturbed
Humans are a part of nature. Climate change is a part of nature. Throw a limp-wrist tantrum about it, see if it changes anything.  
Quote by ImNeverSalty
Humans are a part of nature. Climate change is a part of nature. Throw a limp-wrist tantrum about it, see if it changes anything.  

This is dumb
If you drive a gas-using car and eat cows literally fuck you. Buy TSLA.

Yes, man-made climate change is so real. It's what the shadow government is doing in Alaska in this """"research"""" base called HAARP, where they're inching the Earth closer to the Sun to try and kill all of us
Quote by Fat Lard
If you drive a gas-using car and eat cows literally fuck you. Buy TSLA.

Yes, man-made climate change is so real. It's what the shadow government is doing in Alaska in this """"research"""" base called HAARP, where they're inching the Earth closer to the Sun to try and kill all of us

Yes, keep me employed.

The climate has changed countless times (ok, I suppose via core drilling some numbers are probably known), without the help of man.
It has changed before we were here, it will continue to change long after we are all dust.
But I do think that we are speeding things up.
Yes and yes

Because I believe science more than an old guy with fake golden hair 
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by StewieSwan
This is dumb

'Heart attacks are part of nature. McDonalds is part of nature. Throw a limp-wrist tantrum about it, see if it changes anything.'
Quote by whywefight
'Heart attacks are part of nature. McDonalds is part of nature. Throw a limp-wrist tantrum about it, see if it changes anything.'

you're absolutely correct. and people are still dying from heart attacks. McDonalds is still here and making more profit by the minute. Climate change is still going to happen whether you want it to or not. 

If you want to try to "make a difference", start by getting rid of your gasoline-powered vehicle (if you own one). Take a bicycle to wherever you need to go. 
Last edited by ImNeverSalty at Jun 2, 2017,
Admins, can we change his name to "SoFuckingSalty"?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Facts are facts. I don't give a damn what hordes of the great I washed are tricked into believing. If the opinion of the majority matters, Justin Beiber would actually have talent.
Quote by gerdner
Facts are facts. I don't give a damn what hordes of the great I washed are tricked into believing. If the opinion of the majority matters, Justin Beiber would actually have talent.

The other name for the International Journal of Climatology
Quote by gerdner

bieber does have talent

also who still shit talks bieber to make a point
I think reducing our dependence on oil and being more efficient in our use of resources are worthwhile goals to pursue, regardless of your stance on climate change.
humans are responsible for the increase in global warming, period 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by soundgarden1986
bieber does have talent

I just did.
Quote by k.lainad
humans are responsible for the increase in global warming, period 

Bullshit!
Quote by sashki
I think reducing our dependence on oil and being more efficient in our use of resources are worthwhile goals to pursue, regardless of your stance on climate change.

That is impossible to disagree with. We just don't need an international treaty to do it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The other name for the International Journal of Climatology

Published by the Ministry of Truth, Winston Smith, editor. It's double plus good!
Quote by gerdner
Published by the Ministry of Truth, Winston Smith, editor. It's double plus good!
you'd think in the past 70 years cutting edge discourse would have moved beyond comparing things you don't agree with to nineteen eighty four but i guess not
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Wait til July, when TSLA goes to the M O O N. Big league release coming out then; huge demand
Quote by soundgarden1986
bieber does have talent

axelfox flashback overload
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Fat Lard
Wait til July, when TSLA goes to the M O O N. Big league release coming out then; huge demand

Finally, we'll actually have landed someone there.

A B O U T F U C K I N G T I M E
Quote by gerdner
Bullshit!

explain yourself 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
explain yourself 
don't encroach on his sovereignty
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by k.lainad
explain yourself 

He's old. I think in another thread he mentioned something about being from Pittsburg.
The three idiots confirmed as dense pieces of shit as usual

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ImNeverSalty
how so? I think you're just salty. 

"hurricanes are just part of nature. let's not build storm walls"
Yes, I think that climate change is definitely real and humans are contributing to it. The evidence for it is pretty substancial at this point so there aren´t a whole lot of rational reasons not to accept it. I also think that we should absolutely do something about it. The good news is that things like renewable energy, electric cars and stuff like that are happening anyway as technology progresses, with the pressure of climate change speeding things up. The bad news is that I feel like it´s really hard to paint a clear picture of the hazards that climate change will bring in the future. Especially if you´re one of those authority/science "skeptics" that seem to be around these days, the talk about entire cities inundated and mass extinctions will make your eyes roll. And I can understand that. It´s not a sudden change that strikes at you overnight and depending on where you live, it can be difficult to discern especially if you don´t want to see it. For better or worse, it takes quite a while to shift the climate drastically. I´m actually, for selfish reasons, in a way happy about climate change. I live in a cold country and the winters have gotten considerably warmer and shorter in the last decade. I don´t like cold. 
Now he sees the forest for the trees
Now he touches just enough to feel
I dont think it matters. Humans have been around for like 1% of the earths age i think? I think it far more likely our demise will be from a chunk of rock floating through space than some kind of human interaction with the planet. I do however think trying to be as eco conscious as possible is a good thing for human life. the amount of toxins breathed in is bad especially in cities like LA.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The three idiots confirmed as dense pieces of shit as usual

it's nice to see that you were brought to the point of flaming others. 
Yes. Also believe in evolution, gravity, plate tectonics, and other glaringly obvious and widely acknowledged scientific truths.
Death to Ovation haters!
Green is the new Red
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Last edited by Smith357 at Jun 2, 2017,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
you'd think in the past 70 years cutting edge discourse would have moved beyond comparing things you don't agree with to nineteen eighty four but i guess not

Methinks thou doth protest too much.